Willbender has super mobility, super damage, and super sustain. The god-mode herald.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

"Bladesworn has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful in all content."

Anet June 28th 2022

Or something like that.

Bladesworn isn't in a terrible spot.  Every other warrior spec is in a pretty bad spot, but I'd say bladesworn is the exception.  It has very good sidenoder builds, and does alright in team fights as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

I'm sitting here waiting for the next meme explanation that goes along the lines that "the best players play willbender, and the best players tend to win".

Ok.

I feel like to properly deliver this, we need to keep the original meme intact, and then add a little bit more to it.

"Rev is a class favored by the best players and the best players tend to win, because they switched to Willbender."

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Willbender has super mobility, super damage, and super sustain. The god-mode herald.

Sounds pretty accurate to me. Sustain might be a bit of a stretch, but definitely feels easier to keep alive than herald, especially vs condis.

Edit: It feels to me like Herald was pretty decently balanced in the previous meta. Might be wrong though.

Edited by SlipLihte.1307
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SlipLihte.1307 said:

Sounds pretty accurate to me. Sustain might be a bit of a stretch, but definitely feels easier to keep alive than herald, especially vs condis.

yeah, that's always the problem with Guardian ES, all these sustains are primarily from core, which makes it difficult to nerf... well, pretty much all classes.

You want to make sure core classes are viable, then the ES becomes godly, and if you want to bring ES down to earth core classes are dead, and ppl don't have expansions will yell "WHAT A kittenEN PAY2WIN kitten"

I think we are too far down the rabbit hole now only a GW3 can fix

1 hour ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

yeah, that's always the problem with Guardian ES, all these sustains are primarily from core, which makes it difficult to nerf... well, pretty much all classes.

You want to make sure core classes are viable, then the ES becomes godly, and if you want to bring ES down to earth core classes are dead, and ppl don't have expansions will yell "WHAT A kittenEN PAY2WIN kitten"

Woah that guard and necro mentality, where your core build has to be viable.

• Haha 5

From a design perspective, guardians over reliance of virtues as a survivability tool is why dh and wb have sustain+damage. The virtues traitline needs to be nerfed at least in pvp. Also renewed focus is kind of op and further causes an over reliance on virtues.

To compensate the weapons should have added utility/healing and maybe some utilities could use an overhaul.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Woah that guard and necro mentality, where your core build has to be viable.

This one actually had me laughing... because it is SO true. Imagine Core necro not being viable... or GOD FORBID Core Guard not being viable....

Because Core _________ [Insert any class besides Necro and Guard] is useless.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

From a design perspective, guardians over reliance of virtues as a survivability tool is why dh and wb have sustain+damage. The virtues traitline needs to be nerfed at least in pvp. Also renewed focus is kind of op and further causes an over reliance on virtues.

To compensate the weapons should have added utility/healing and maybe some utilities could use an overhaul.

Don't forget that Guardian has one of the lowest health pools for that built in utility.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I am still playing herald and doing very decently, because I know even if it's the blue child, that cr4p will get nerfed eventually, if it will, herald will take his spot back again on par of willy if not better even without buffs, so yeah. I played willy, sometimes I still play it, it's fun for 1 match or 2, then you get kills you shouldn't have, you escape from things, you shouldn't, it's not fun being carried like that, so yeah.

Chasing the Willbenders suuucks, I just don't even bother 75% of the time and if one player on my team gets baited they won't get the kill  obviously which is putting stress on the rest of my team who are playing caps.. which also means a lot of WB's have that good escapist tools to not feed points on their team which is a winning strategy. I wouldn't mind this if this was a rare skilled player strategy but seems like everyone plays the same tactics

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:41 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

Mobility is like half of its sustain, i think there's a port with a long immob, make that immob 1 sec and bring eod stab access in line with the other specs.

As far as i remember was the immob Buffer after Release from 1 to 2 seconds

On 6/6/2022 at 10:39 PM, thepolishman.2348 said:

Bladesworn isn't in a terrible spot.  Every other warrior spec is in a pretty bad spot, but I'd say bladesworn is the exception.  It has very good sidenoder builds, and does alright in team fights as well.

Except sidenoding is a bit dead right now

• Like 4

Vindicator GS5 does good damage after a long cast time and a huge telegraph : Nuked within 2 weeks of release.

Willybender F3 is a free teamwipe? : Anet is asleep.

Harbinger is also way overloaded but i'm less tempted to complain about it since the bad ones actually die at least unlike every other variations of the class. Just need to keep a stunbreak available when they're in shroud to avoid giving them a free kill as soon as they press shroud 5.

Edited by Ashgar.3024
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

before i thought willbender is better shiro herald in pvp, but now i disagree

willbender is a glass nuke, while herald is way harder to kill.

many higher tier people shifted back to power herald because it can carry team better, it can burst people down while self sustain through focus if you are good.

while willbender without a good team supporting it, it dies very fast,

which is why it's meta in competitive when you have a decent team with similar skill level or having a duoq that can work together to nuke effectively.

not the case when soloqing, having to carry half a team of goldies, with no coordination.

i personally now play these two,

when i see enemy are mostly glass canon, i go shiro.

when i see enemy mostly slow tanks, i go willbender for nukes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

before i thought willbender is better shiro herald in pvp, but now i disagree

willbender is a glass nuke, while herald is way harder to kill.

many higher tier people shifted back to power herald because it can carry team better, it can burst people down while self sustain through focus if you are good.

while willbender without a good team supporting it, it dies very fast,

which is why it's meta in competitive when you have a decent team with similar skill level or having a duoq that can work together to nuke effectively.

not the case when soloqing, having to carry half a team of goldies, with no coordination.

i personally now play these two,

when i see enemy are mostly glass canon, i go shiro.

when i see enemy mostly slow tanks, i go willbender for nukes.

All things equal,  a shiro herald is going to melt like butter in cast iron against condi.

Willbender.....glass....lol.

Found a new toy, 15 20 days left to enjoy.

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

All things equal,  a shiro herald is going to melt like butter in cast iron against condi.

Willbender.....glass....lol.

Found a new toy, 15 20 days left to enjoy.

yea, the only thing that shiro herald have problem is condi thief (any version), like always, the cheesiest of cheese, the rest is avoidable.

yea willbender is pretty glass, unless you keep wasting damage into f3.

good for you tho.

there's definitely a lot less noob willbender now compared to when it's most hyped, as most people just get deleted on it and drop hard.

you can enjoy a few climb in your rating where people don't dodge, but later you will see.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

yea, the only thing that shiro herald have problem is condi thief (any version), like always, the cheesiest of cheese, the rest is avoidable.

yea willbender is pretty glass, unless you keep wasting damage into f3.

good for you tho.

there's definitely a lot less noob willbender now compared to when it's most hyped, as most people just get deleted on it and drop hard.

you can enjoy a few climb in your rating where people don't dodge, but later you will see.

Willbender isn't a full glass. Because of block spam he has alot more sustain than a Thief (+ Heavy Armor!) On top he also have super mobility which outclass any other class and even on a longer run the thief. This Spec is OP. It is a thief with heavy armor, super dmg and even more mobility and the stealth he do not have is easy compensated by blocks & b00ns.

I guess the devs only play this class because the guardian now dominate every playstyl and Modi in this game where other classes get auto kicked because they are useless. Pretty bad balance when u ask me.

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Like 4

On 6/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, Shao.7236 said:

Don't forget that Guardian has one of the lowest health pools for that built in utility.

Guardians always have the choice of the Honor trait line that can provide you with an additional three thousand hit points.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pallas.8150 said:

Guardians always have the choice of the Honor trait line that can provide you with an additional three thousand hit points.

And? Hardly see anyone use it. Having to invest an entire traitline is a fair act of balance in it's compromise.