Time to add whips as weapons.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lightning_Whip

I laughed when I was watching an Ele vid and the content creator was like, "So in this attunement, we don't use the autoattack, in this one we don't use the autoattack, in this one we don't use the autoattack, in Air... well, I don't know if it's any better, but I think I just like whipping things with lightning."

Might have been WP? Not sure though.

• Haha 2

I always find weird when air ele uses whips for daggers.

Wouldn't be the worse idea, would fit for ranger (Due to pet taming), engineer and thief (To give that tomb raider feel of Indiana Jones).

And maybe other classes as an off hand weapon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Only if it basically does no damage and it's totally useless. Just like real whips.

I would say instead it goes for mostly condition builds. Little base damage, but makes up by most people who use it able to cause bleeding or stun of pain from being whipped.

So the weapon should be mostly around DoTs and status effects.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JayHog.3280 said:

I would say instead it goes for mostly condition builds. Little base damage, but makes up by most people who use it able to cause bleeding or stun of pain from being whipped.

So the weapon should be mostly around DoTs and status effects.

Exactly.

In fact I would go as far as to say any hit it does provide has to be in an optimum range. Too close and it does no damage at all, not even condition. But as a trade off, at correct distance it does considerable condition damage.

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Exactly.

In fact I would go as far as to say any hit it does provide has to be in an optimum range. Too close and it does no damage at all, not even condition. But as a trade off, at correct distance it does considerable condition damage.

Dunno, never liked the fact that you can get special effects for flanking an enemy when most of the time they're charging at you.

Maybe just give different effects depending on how close you are. Like trying to smack them if close, similar to punching them, whipping them correctly for bleeding if at medium range and maybe cause a tiny debuff if attempting to whip at a far range, but doing none.

So the whole thing should be around being flashy than actually being a DPS build. Probably bad in PvP, but fun in PvE.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1