Just put the Skyscale in the shop [Merged]

You need to enjoy it. Be a completionist - try to slowly advance the achievement. Not rushing it.

Then it will be fun. And while you are at it do some of the regular episode map achievements - then you won't need to "farm" the currency for the last step. It will just gather up normally while playing the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Considering how much convenience you can get from the shop (and only from the shop), no idea why so many players are rioting at the idea. You probably want to dump like 100-200 eu in the game just to have a decent experience (expansions aside, lets not consider those).

If there was a long collection for the infinite salvage items (legendary weapon level of time and gold), but it was also in the shop, would anyone be reacting the same way? Or you'd get mad only if it was added to the shop after you did the collection? Or if they would add such collections now (good joke), would you get mad cause "bruh I paid MONEY for this and now they get it for free???"?

IMO this is just the typical MMO player reaction, where everything has to be grinded over multiple days for it to "feel worthwhile". I didn't have a problem with getting the skyscale (I'm patient), I also have no problem with everyone getting it for money or for free. Its a good utility that lets you save time, lets you follow map tags way better and so on. I definitely don't feel like "woah I earned something". Its good to have the "grind" out of the way, nothing more.

For the "but its a collection and thats what the game does" arguments... There are still tons of collections? As already commented by players, the skyscale is nothing compared to other collections, its just your average time-gated content. Or is that gonna turn into one of those "arguments", "but if they add the skyscale to the shop, they will have to add EVERYTHING to the shop". No, not really. They can actually add the skyscale and stop there.

I'm sure somewhere in the comments there is also "you don't even need the skyscale". Yeah, whats the problem then?

Personally it wouldn't bother me at all if its in the gemstore. I would still do the collection if I was a new player. If someone decides they want to buy it, by all means. If that someone stops playing after 2 months cause "the game has nothing to do in it", also same to me. Not like they would've stayed for the rest of the collections. Considering how much you have to pay for a skin, they'd price the skyscale stupid high anyway.

It also doesn't bother me if its not in the gemstore. Its just weird to read all those comments "BUT MY GRIND". Working (if you're lucky) 40 hour weeks (if you're lucky) for 40-50 years (... if you're lucky) is not enough of a grind for you? Relax, the grind is not going anywhere.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 2

I am new. I am genuinely perplexed. I just want a flying mount like everyone else has, happy to work for it (though why work = fun is still not a concept for me ... however ...) but why is the game stopping me from getting it? I cannot get past story forewarned & forearmed, assemble army part. It just spams mobs that can't be beaten, and so the bar does not progress. Now after I exited, I can't re-enter the instance. I paid money for this. Now I can't get the skyscale without grinding 250 sprog somethings for that map instead of the achievement 250. I thought the first 2 parts of living world 4 were frustrating but this is beyond comprehension. Again, I am perplexed that a game has been designed to stop new players from completing it. Please don't tell me it's a known issue or whatever, please don't tell me to submit a bug report -  it's 2022 - wasn't this released in 2017? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

The unlock quests for the Skyscale mount are beyond tedious. Just put the mount unlock in the Gem store and I'll just buy the damned thing. 

should have never been ingame, or not being able to use it outside dragonfall and other content that came after dragonfall.
yes i have a skyscale but recently i made a account for my daughter, she cant keep up with most meta trains.

now im doing the quest line for her also its not all that hard but it does consume time. its just bit lame for new fresh players who cant be fast enough at certain events during meta's cus others just fly over objects where u have to go around.

tho this has been discussed for a eternity anet wont change a thing so just deal with it 😄

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

LOL, up to page 2 already? I knew I was going to get a lot of responses from the bootlickers, but this has exceeded my expectations. 

I'm early in the quest line. I just went on a scavenger hunt for sick skyscales. I then was told by the quest line that I had literally wasted my time, and that I now had to do the same activity again - but 21 times instead of 14.  I think Anet knew exactly how bad this is and was actively trolling the playerbase. 

This unlock quest line made sense when there was no end game content, and Anet wanted to keep everyone busy with pointless busywork. But there's new content now. 

I know Anet will never offer a paid unlock for this because there are too many lonely incels whose sense of self worth is tied to this dragon mount, and they'll throw manbaby tantrums, but I thought this deserved some renewed attention. Yup, this unlock process is still some of the worst game design I've ever seen. 

I'm really enjoying the rest of the game, though. 

Don't you have an anime waifu Gacha game or two to play instead?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

What I do think however, is that it should be easier and funner to obtain, [snip]

Fun is relative.  Back when these complaints about the quest came out, there were quite a few players/posters who said that they really enjoyed the task.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Origami.1956 said:

I cannot get past story forewarned & forearmed, assemble army part. It just spams mobs that can't be beaten

You are not supposed to beat all the mobs, it's a sneak mission. You are supposed to avoid them as best as you can. :classic_rolleyes:

Edit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forearmed_Is_Forewarned_(Living_World_Season_4)

...unless you mean a different mission?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Origami.1956 said:

I am new. I am genuinely perplexed. I just want a flying mount like everyone else has, happy to work for it (though why work = fun is still not a concept for me ... however ...) but why is the game stopping me from getting it? I cannot get past story forewarned & forearmed, assemble army part. It just spams mobs that can't be beaten, and so the bar does not progress. Now after I exited, I can't re-enter the instance. I paid money for this. Now I can't get the skyscale without grinding 250 sprog somethings for that map instead of the achievement 250. I thought the first 2 parts of living world 4 were frustrating but this is beyond comprehension. Again, I am perplexed that a game has been designed to stop new players from completing it. Please don't tell me it's a known issue or whatever, please don't tell me to submit a bug report -  it's 2022 - wasn't this released in 2017? 

It is a known issue. The issue is: you are not paying attention to how you are supposed to do the mission. Slow down, read what is being told, make use of mechanics presented in the mission. If that doesn't work, read/watch a guide.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Origami.1956 said:

Well looks like you dont understand the mechanics of that story episode maybe this might help

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forearmed_Is_Forewarned_(Living_World_Season_4)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

The unlock quests for the Skyscale mount are beyond tedious. Just put the mount unlock in the Gem store and I'll just buy the damned thing. 

Or maybe I got an idea - switch off the computer and do something else. The idea of a game is to play it, and skyscale is not even that hard to get. If you don’t enjoy the game then there is no point.

P.S. I can see them introducing that at some point though - the player base now mostly consists of people who like credit card gaming

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You are not supposed to beat all the mobs, it's a sneak mission. You are supposed to avoid them as best as you can. :classic_rolleyes:

Edit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forearmed_Is_Forewarned_(Living_World_Season_4)

...unless you mean a different mission?

this bit not the sneak

Welcoming your allies

Tomb of the Primeval Kings as seen from Allied Encampment.

Make your way back to where you entered the instance. You will have to defend the area around the portal until all five waves of your allies have arrived. One wave will arrive every time the area around the rift has been secured. You may continue to use Blish's Arm to kill enemies or you can decloak and use your normal weapon skills

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It is a known issue. The issue is: you are not paying attention to how you are supposed to do the mission. Slow down, read what is being told, make use of mechanics presented in the mission. If that doesn't work, read/watch a guide.

this bit not the sneak

Welcoming your allies

Make your way back to where you entered the instance. You will have to defend the area around the portal until all five waves of your allies have arrived. One wave will arrive every time the area around the rift has been secured. You may continue to use Blish's Arm to kill enemies or you can decloak and use your normal weapon skills

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Origami.1956 said:

this bit not the sneak

Welcoming your allies

I just finished the mission to be sure no bug was introduced. It works perfectly fine.

None of the enemies are invulnerable. Waves are not endless. The player is encouraged to make use of Blish's golem arm and Canach's mines to clear enemies and cap the final area. If you run out of Canach mines, you can use the teleport on 4 to zip over to his stash and get new ones (which can lead to friendly npcs near the portal to despawn which puts more pressure on the player after returning, but a fresh set of 14 mines should work wonders).

Again, you are supposed to pay attention during the mission and then utilize what you were shown in the final portal area to hold off the enemies. Important to note: the goal is to keep the circle area clear of enemies, not kill everything in sight. Every time the progress bar is filled, all enemies de-spawn and you get a few seconds to pre-place mines.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm convinced people who say this kind of thing about a game have never worked a hard day in their life.

*comes home from exhausting day at work*: "if I can't find a game that can simulate the feeling I just got home from, I'm gonna be upset."

Yeah i agree 100% never had to work hard at all.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2