What do you want for Guild Wars 2?

What next for GW2?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. The future of GW2 in your personal oppinion?

• A new LWS
    • A new Xpac
    • Nothing Really....
    • Not sure
    • It ended with the last Dragon
    • Potato

Meaningful content? I mean don't get me wrong, I know how Meaningful fun and adventurous it is to stand in a spot and fish all day what for you can do in real life with better rng....and I know that we needed a boat to drive around the water in, cause the skimmer was certainly just not passing the vibe check. I know we also probably need instanced player housing because let's be honest we all need to rent 1 of 3 amazing apartments available to all to place our siege commander spoon collection in, but would it be to much to ask.....for Meaningful content?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, patton the great.7126 said:

Meaningful content? I mean don't get me wrong, I know how Meaningful fun and adventurous it is to stand in a spot and fish all day what for you can do in real life with better rng....and I know that we needed a boat to drive around the water in, cause the skimmer was certainly just not passing the vibe check. I know we also probably need instanced player housing because let's be honest we all need to rent 1 of 3 amazing apartments available to all to place our siege commander spoon collection in, but would it be to much to ask.....for Meaningful content?

Well written content?!? No way! Not in my GW2!!!!!

/s

Agreed by the way. One of my reasons for wanting 5 person instanced to content to be worked back into the storytelling is its ability to make a meaningful impact for the PC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like someone told here, i would love dungeons/fractals to be more accesible to solo players so put on them some scaling factor based on how many players are at the instance. Also being able to have a companion that you would be able to asign some comands/control it would help people like me that don't have many friends playing here and dont want to deal with those superspecialized parties that only want people with very specific builds. I hate to do a dungeon and having to skip all cinematics and lore attached to them cause speed runers...

GW2 is a game based on action combat but lately its becoming to spammy, i would prefer to press less keys but with a pourpose. As an example mantra of solace (firebrand) was better when it granted aegis on pve, now just grants some good boons but it makes no sense anymore not having to proc it properly when its needed, so just consume all 3 charges at once or become a mech and press it every 7 seconds just to proc the trait liberator's vow.

Boons. Now it seems that boons have to be permanent on every player at max stacks instead of what they used to be, make a combo get your might up and thats the window to throw you burst, or time properly your defensive skills to deal with some mechanics, no0o better now get all those buffs permanent on your body so just spam all your skills on cooldown reset with any rotation involved.

Conditions. Conditions like classes used to have some kind of identity; bleeds stacked, burns and other conditions didnt but dealt more base damage or they had some unique effects. Now press 2 butons (with almost every class) and hellow 25 stacks of each 00o00 yeahh!!!

Classes like conditions and boons are becoming so generic/plain and are losing their identity. Every expansion it kicks in, thats becoming more evident but like the condi/boon theme Anet wont revert back this sadly....

I would like some new playeable races like Centaurs/Tengus/Froggs/Faty Dwarves/Kodas, with their cities,history questline and cultural armor, and make a questline to get your cultural armor.

Create things to make a more immersive game, so you and your character become one.

• Like 3

I want a look back at the five races.

The Charr civil war in Icebrood Saga was the first time my Charr warrior felt like a Charr since completing the personal background missions. I want more conquest and war stories where the Charr can be Charr.

I also want more adventure opportunities for the Norn. I hate seeing Norn behaving like tall humans and nothing else.

The Asura also feel very neutered. They have all this technological potential, control the gateway network and their golems could be made a fierce army, one which they could indefinitely renew (unlike lives lost if other races fought) - and yet the Asura play by the human rules? They aren't expanding, aren't demanding a position of leadership from the other races? It is not logical from what we know of their nature and abilities.

The humans also need revolution. Their world is literally turned upside down, they have no strong identity, a new leader could spring up wanting to make humans proud again. Involve Ascalon if you want or not, it's fine either way.

There's so much potential for stories if only (now that the common threat of Dragons is gone) the races stopped playing nice with each other.

• Like 4

Playable Stone Dwarves and Skritt (Skritt skills revolve around adding more skritt into combat), Skins for Engi turrets and Mechs, Skins for Ranger pets and Necro pets..

And an Exapansion to add story to it all.

DO IT ANET!!!!!1 Take my Money 😍

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2022 at 1:50 AM, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I voted new expansion, but there are many more things I'd love to see, including:

- A companion-like system that allows you to have your own characters follow your main and swap between your characters like we swap weapons or pets;

- More racial storyline and sidequests (similar to the first 3 chapters of the personal story), more cultural equipment such as armor and weapons, which could be rewards that came with those racial stories;

- At least 2 more festivals, one in the Grove and one in the Black Citadel; 

- More customization options, including new tattoos for norn, which we never got!

- An underwater map, similar to Joon's facility we see in End of Dragons;

- A new mount;

- At least 1 more batch of elite specializations;

An expansion that has my character getting involved doing things in their homeland that doesn't involve saving the world (or Braham, Rox, etc).

And more Jumping Puzzles. Like the fun ones in Core Tyria. Not stupid-hard ones like the Winter's Day and Mad King's jumping puzzles.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly I just wished they (/we) knew what they're going for before they release more. Who's gw2 main target audience, what direction can they effectively have rather than what they hope for pve / pvp / wvw, what mechanics they'd polish and what should they more or less give up on, etc

While gw2 innovations and overall structure are catchy at first, I can't be hyped for more content until they define their direction. To me, right now, the game feels more and more like a confusing accumulation of good ideas that aren't properly explained / maintained / refined / integrated to the rest of the game.  

Adding more long term goals (that arent centered on spending gold) would also be a nice touch, be it the suggested God of raiding / strikes, like someone suggested in [redacted], or even make something similar for world bosses / jumping puzzles

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm...right now I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that can be crossed that they fix Warrior so that my guildy will return to the game.  He is protesting the changes to Banners by not logging in 😟

Reverting  the hurt done to warrior banners, and, maybe adding a fairy dusting of buffs for Warrior is what I would love, love, love to see next in Guildwars2

Ohhh...I would also love it if we could change stats on our ascended trinkets.  Since discovering Marauder, I no longer use Berserker, and so, I have a lot of Berserker trinkets just growing dust.

Edited by Julischka Bean.7491
Thought of another thing I wanted to see in Guildwars2
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 11:10 PM, Kovac.4372 said:

I want a look back at the five races.

The Charr civil war in Icebrood Saga was the first time my Charr warrior felt like a Charr since completing the personal background missions. I want more conquest and war stories where the Charr can be Charr.

I also want more adventure opportunities for the Norn. I hate seeing Norn behaving like tall humans and nothing else.

The Asura also feel very neutered. They have all this technological potential, control the gateway network and their golems could be made a fierce army, one which they could indefinitely renew (unlike lives lost if other races fought) - and yet the Asura play by the human rules? They aren't expanding, aren't demanding a position of leadership from the other races? It is not logical from what we know of their nature and abilities.

The humans also need revolution. Their world is literally turned upside down, they have no strong identity, a new leader could spring up wanting to make humans proud again. Involve Ascalon if you want or not, it's fine either way.

There's so much potential for stories if only (now that the common threat of Dragons is gone) the races stopped playing nice with each other.

Very good suggestions 

More raids

Heavy nerfs to mechanist, scourge and firebrand.

Balancing the game so that dps is actually the one doing the most dps.

Changing game mechanics so that its not always optimal for everyone to stand on top of each other.

Make actualy good looking armor sets that are not in the store.

Replace whoever designs medium armor.

• Confused 4

There's a lot of things I want from GW2.

But the primary thing I want is the story content to be vastly improves. But from a plotting, writing, and especially gameplay point of view.

GW is now a fantasy world I've enjoyed for almost half my life yet I still feel like most of the fun parts of it haven't been explored. But that isn't the real problem. The real problem is that I'm afraid of the devs exploring many of these interesting areas because I'm afraid they won't do a very good job with it. 

Want I want from ANET is confidence. I want to think they have things under control and if the do it it will be good because ANET always does things right.

• Like 2