Well its summer...... #alliancewhen?

Sahne.6950

Just a reminder that summer is halfway over and still no word about the alliance betaS<---- plural! multiple betas!  that should happen in summer.

on their Roadmap it says that in summer there will be alliance betaS. well...... summer is halfway over.....  alliance when?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... or that the next expansion will come out before the missing DBL cornerstone is fixed?

i doubt they will ever fix that xD

You can literally jump into the Alpine borderlands garris since forever... they should fix that first!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... or that the next expansion will come out before the missing DBL cornerstone is fixed?

Cornerstones are for cornerstone content only. They'll give it back when WvW is up to par, just you wait and see...

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Just a reminder that summer is halfway over and still no word about the alliance betaS<---- plural! multiple betas!  that should happen in summer.

on their Roadmap it says that in summer there will be alliance betaS. well...... summer is halfway over.....  alliance when?

1000% of the focus is on raids now that Teapot has whipped all the WoW refugees into a #WorldsFirst frenzy. 

You can safely forget WvW. It's done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Will probably pop up unannounced, containing a bazillion bugs, we get a week of utter crap, and then we get a forum post saying that it was a success and that they gathered a lot of useful data from it. Like always.

When/if it some day goes live, I'm gone. But I guess that day, that sorrow.

8 hours ago, Svarty.8019 said:

1000% of the focus is on raids now that Teapot has whipped all the WoW refugees into a #WorldsFirst frenzy. 

You can safely forget WvW. It's done.

Tch...but of course! Can't upset the content creator establishment, marketing shills and Anet affiliates now can we?

Mother MC CHUCK this game industry.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

#summer2023

I honestly don't even care anymore. "Alliances" are not going to fix jack diddly squat. Mega-guilds are still going to try and game the system since they got more time on their hands than Anet. And all those years spent developing this system will be for nothing.

Zergs are just running buck wild with perma-boons and no way to slow them down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I honestly don't even care anymore. "Alliances" are not going to fix jack diddly squat. Mega-guilds are still going to try and game the system since they got more time on their hands than Anet. And all those years spent developing this system will be for nothing.

Zergs are just running buck wild with perma-boons and no way to slow them down.

Well actually they made the excuse they weren't actually working on it all these years, they just started on it last year.... 🤭

But yeah at this point it's whatever, unofficial alliances with guilds have already been running for years, almost every relink has a bandwagon (Eredon Terrace the latest). I have bigger issues with combat, balance, rewards, motivations (tank to get easier opponent, wow how inspiring, two strongest beating on weakest, wow so challenging, farming keeps for kills, so exciting 🙄). 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Well actually they made the excuse they weren't actually working on it all these years, they just started on it last year.... 🤭

But yeah at this point it's whatever, unofficial alliances with guilds have already been running for years, almost every relink has a bandwagon (Eredon Terrace the latest). I have bigger issues with combat, balance, rewards, motivations (tank to get easier opponent, wow how inspiring, two strongest beating on weakest, wow so challenging, farming keeps for kills, so exciting 🙄). 🤷‍♂️

Well, first of all. I'm not surprised at the excuse. And yup, whatever is right! The hype-train went off the tracks years ago and now it's just a husk of metal and iron. Alliances wouldn't have fixed anything of substance anyway. I'm 100% guaranteed in my mind, guilds would find a way to game the system. No doubt about it. Also, not enough people even want to think of this possibility: imagine if it failed. Then that's years worth of development down the drain.

And yes, I'm more worried about wvw combat. The prevalence of zergs headed by commanders who clearly peaked in high school. The ganking. The awful, awful boon-spam and no way to counter it. Freakin' mechanist. The death of roaming.

And here's the thing. Because wvw is, as far as I know, one of the only prominent games with realm vs realm mode. It's just coasting without competition from other games.

1 minute ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

And yes, I'm more worried about wvw combat. The prevalence of zergs headed by commanders who clearly peaked in high school. The ganking. The awful, awful boon-spam and no way to counter it. Freakin' mechanist. The death of roaming.

And here's the thing. Because wvw is, as far as I know, one of the only prominent games with realm vs realm mode. It's just coasting without competition from other games.

I'm getting my giggles these days sniping boon balls with moa. Not much else to do, I've already done the boon strip role with scourge and chrono, and done the support with scrapper. Tired, boring meta.

Roaming is just full of ganking, pure roaming is gone, and while some will argue that's because of "mounts", no it's because of players attitudes and bandwagoning onto the support meta, and now every kitten class has movement there's no excuse about "mounts" anymore, throwing my moa around in those as well in the meantime, enjoy being kfc you scrappers tempest and firebrands. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some strange arguments abouts "zerg vs just me" "zergs will still dominate". 

Huh?  Alliances is to get you back in a zerg and back in the fight.

Next we'll be hearing about the glory of solo gameplay in a mode that pits world verses world.

If your on a trash team of farmers there's nothing anet can do about that . Some people are just bad, semi afk, watching a movie and barely even getting their tag on the tower lords.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, displayname.8315 said:

Huh?  Alliances is to get you back in a zerg and back in the fight.

No its not.

Alliances is to organize groups of guilds so they dont have to leave their guilds to play together.

World restructure is to better distribute players/guilds/alliances across shuffled worlds (teams) so that they reduce the disparity between them.

Neither is there as a means to "get you back in a zerg" or "back in the fight". Still dont understand how people get this wrong after so many years.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

No its not.

Alliances is to organize groups of guilds so they dont have to leave their guilds to play together.

World restructure is to better distribute players/guilds/alliances across shuffled worlds (teams) so that they reduce the disparity between them.

Neither is there as a means to "get you back in a zerg" or "back in the fight". Still dont understand how people get this wrong after so many years.

If we will get good match making? then we all will be happy.

1. zerg fight world 2. ppt/score matters world 3. roamer havoc world 4. karma train scouts world 5. mag vs mag clone vs mag clone world

• Like 1