Alliances are an improvement

Riba.3271

Big success so far. Both reset and Saturday seemed to be fairly balanced, neither server controlled fully any map, victory points distributed equally more or less, no such things as spawn camping.

Was much more fun to run in squad as well as roam solo in comparison to my usuall server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

Big success so far. Both reset and Saturday seemed to be fairly balanced, neither server controlled fully any map, victory points distributed equally more or less, no such things as spawn camping.

Was much more fun to run in squad as well as roam solo in comparison to my usuall server.

For the most part it has been better than the previous betas.  However, there have been some hiccups.  We had a guildmate who was on our server/shard on Friday night, then when he logged in tonight he was on one of the enemy servers. When the queues finally died down somewhat our guild group decided to move to a new map, and our guildmate who was no longer on our server swapped maps as well, and suddenly he was back on our server again?? It's also been a pain trying to determine which map guildmates are on, as you see one borderland in the Guild tab and/or Friends' list, and yet when you look at the WvW panel that same borderland doesn't exist, which makes it a bit confusing as to which map to select to join your guildmates. (Quickly rectified by asking in guild chat/Discord...but given the queues for every map you want to choose a map ASAP!!!).

The other issue it seems a lot of us are encountering (at least on NA) are the queues...at least during NA primetime.  Can't determine if it's because a lot of players who don't normally play in WvW are joining in because of the buff we're receiving this week, or if it's because Anet has cut it down from 4 match-ups to 3 match-ups, but the queues during NA primetime seem to be rather large across all the NA match-ups.

But yeah, I will agree that the matches are far superior to what we're used to seeing, with 1-2 servers being full fighting against 1-2 servers that have half the population.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

We had a guildmate who was on our server/shard on Friday night, then when he logged in tonight he was on one of the enemy servers

I was misplaced too during first beta, it was solved within day or two and did not happen again, maybe tell him try reaching support .

38 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

The other issue it seems a lot of us are encountering (at least on NA) are the queues...at least during NA primetime. 

That would be expected, not only people flock to see new feature, but also because exp and reward track bonus. So even those who normally dont play but need gift if battle come 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

The other issue it seems a lot of us are encountering (at least on NA) are the queues...at least during NA primetime.  Can't determine if it's because a lot of players who don't normally play in WvW are joining in because of the buff we're receiving this week, or if it's because Anet has cut it down from 4 match-ups to 3 match-ups, but the queues during NA primetime seem to be rather large across all the NA match-ups.

Queues aren't bad thing tho as it means each side has same numbers. They shouldn't be that large either because the problem is shared by multiple servers

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

Queues aren't bad thing tho as it means each side has same numbers. They shouldn't be that large either because the problem is shared by multiple servers

For our server during NA primetime we're routinely seeing queues in the high 20s all the way up to 40+, but apparently in another one of the matchups the queue for EBG was well over 100.  That's enough to completely fill up another map with a queue of 10+. Hopefully that won't be a recurring thing when Alliances are released.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

For our server during NA primetime we're routinely seeing queues in the high 20s all the way up to 40+, but apparently in another one of the matchups the queue for EBG was well over 100.  That's enough to completely fill up another map with a queue of 10+. Hopefully that won't be a recurring thing when Alliances are released.

I see 20'ish queues or outmaned* depends the timezone, for sure in that 100 queue means another map is almost full or sparse in the other maps.

*Outmaned cause players stack only on ebg to ktrain and avoid fights rather than move to the outmaned map.

Ive heard this beta is a stress and stability test and nothing more, for that would be nice to have more of the 3 servers populated rather than only 1 or 2,  heavy 3 ways on saturdays so far, but have seen players reporting in map chat things like SMC vanishing, at least they dont loose the wall validation like the old bug that sometimes ur client wont render walls nor their validations.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I don't see any difference tbh.

Sometimes you're matched against strong WvW servers, sometimes your opponents are weaker. Same in this beta, some friends are in balanced matchups, some can't leave spawn and some roflstomp all over the map all day long.

But me personally, I am worried about the new system. Anet hasn't been able to properly balance their servers for years now, and I am just baffled that people are looking forward to the players solving that for them.

Probably sounds really fun for those thinking they'll be part of the strongest group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Justine.6351 said:

Oh look you two couldn't handle the truth so now you confuse emote me. Just waiting for you to, "it wasn't me". Confuse this comment too if you are weak. See what I did there? I so clever.

On 8/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Lol.  I’ve gotten 5 on the one above you Justine. I haven’t given a reaction in this thread yet.  🙂. I don’t stress over it.  

And now I am farming them!!  🤣

Seems like we've all become so popular...they're now following me on every thread and giving the confused emote on every post. OH NOES!!! Some sad little teenager is trolling me, my life is over!!! I can no longer WvW or even play GW2 because my feelings have been hurt. 🤣🤣🤣 But I guess when you need to ez-mode your way through life, this is the best you can do lol.

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Confused 6

On 8/13/2022 at 6:40 PM, enkidu.5937 said:

ofc, and imo most of them will quit soon after alliances are (theoretically) released

its such a bad idea from the Devs to force the people now to either join a player-controlled guild or get farmed by those 😗

Perma boon balls omni blobs ktrain,  this actually deppends on the other side if both have numbers the pve ktrain guild on wvw wont do much besides stack 50+ minstrells potatoes, the other side need to have quite some amount of chrono tho.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Seems like we've all become so popular...they're now following me on every thread and giving the confused emote on every post. OH NOES!!! Some sad little teenager is trolling me, my life is over!!! I can no longer WvW or even play GW2 because my feelings have been hurt. 🤣🤣🤣 But I guess when you need to ez-mode your way through life, this is the best you can do lol.

If you cant handle the pressure, go back to queensdale. Avoid the swamp though, I hear the shadow behemoth is more op now. Maybe get some celestial gear, if you don't already use it.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

But but hammer rev…. Nooooooioooooooo…….

I am playing hammer vindicator actually.. i do no damage  using zerker stats 😄 and i can only damage other zerkers, everyone else is minstrells with a  ton of boons and barrier.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

At least for casuals it will remove some incentive/motivation to play: The "server". You always might end up getting mached with totally random players not ... not knowing anyone anymore. With the link ... at least you had the people from "your" server. Though linking already made it a bit worse than back then at release where we still hat single servers only.

So for me personally it won't rise ot the level of PvP - will still stay 3rd in the ranking of game modes. Not really a step in the right direction. The game mode itself needs improvements and it feels like they are trying to just not do them ... feeding the players only with that alliance beta trying to sell it as something big.

Counterpoint; people who are casual and don’t play frequently have a high probability of being on a weak or low pop server. With balanced populations and more even matchups, players testing the game mode are less likely to get rolled over. A more even matchup is likely to keep casuals coming back than a matchup where you are getting the kitten kicked out of you or you are crushing a handful of players over and over with no real resistance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

I am playing hammer vindicator actually.. i do no damage  using zerker stats 😄 and i can only damage other zerkers, everyone else is minstrells with a  ton of boons and barrier.

Which is a mystery why people think hammer is still good for zerging. Pug stomping?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

alliances will fail if the size remains the same. these "super alliances"/guilds right now are just rolling over everything. Not fun for either side... if anet can't control that size by reducing the #, the players will kill alliances before they start.... what is the point of super alliances when there is no opposition? how long will you be happy beating on gates?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Liston.9708 said:

alliances will fail if the size remains the same. these "super alliances"/guilds right now are just rolling over everything. Not fun for either side... if anet can't control that size by reducing the #, the players will kill alliances before they start.... what is the point of super alliances when there is no opposition? how long will you be happy beating on gates?

Ok Anet can reduce the sizes as long as you're the one explaining to 500 man PvE only guilds why you have to randomly kick most of their members by force.

And also in regards to the opposition you could be on a T5 class team meeting two T1 class teams. Do you think that would have worked any better with the normal system?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

so my "alliance" hasn't won a single skirmish yet, however the "alliance" in the second place decided to double team against us and spawn camp us to allow the other alliance to take our keep.

so basically I'm fighting MAG and the old JQ again but this time instead of being in BG and have a fighting chance, I'm stuck in Kaineng...

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

https://prnt.sc/gohpmQRkEOGu (I am on Aurora Glade)

Reds won 26 out of 32 skirmishes so far and outnumber you everywhere and looking at the scores from other server the situation probably doesnt look any different. The only improvement really are the +100% WXP so you're somehow able to reach "God of WvW" in a considerable time and even that isn't that well executed considering some servers don't have enough players to cap stuff depending on several reasons.

Edited by Kit.3798
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Liston.9708 said:

alliances will fail if the size remains the same. these "super alliances"/guilds right now are just rolling over everything.

Much more fun than "super servers" rolling over everything and holding T3 SM all day.

Players always go through the phase sacrificing their fun for wins. Smart ones will realise it isn't worth it, dumb ones will blame enemies and quit the game.

3 hours ago, Kit.3798 said:

Reds won 26 out of 32 skirmishes so far and outnumber you everywhere and looking at the scores from other server the situation probably doesnt look any different.

I am on the particular red side this beta, we have lowest kdr out of all 3 sides and 0 fight alliances. Plenty of people willing to tag up open and cap things though. No one has ran tryhard discord only or invisible squad yet. It has been a blast despite us not being able to dent [Ares], [Pupa], [Ng] fight alliances.

Main reason we are winning so many skirmishes is that we have red map as home bl and desert map is still super unpopular. Haven't seen a single blue or green group there outside after midnight. Remove desert map.

Do note that we have lower amount of deaths than Blues and considerably less kills than either side in the matchup so activity of all 3 sides should be somewhat similar. Blues seem to outnumber and onepush us everytime they have a willing commander, greens have some weaker alliances mixed there.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

I am on the particular red side this beta, we have lowest kdr out of all 3 sides and 0 fight alliances. Plenty of people willing to tag up open and cap things though. No one has ran tryhard discord only or invisible squad yet. It has been a blast despite us not being able to dent [Ares], [Pupa], [Ng] fight alliances.

Main reason we are winning so many skirmishes is that we have red map as home bl and desert map is still super unpopular. Haven't seen a single blue or green group there outside after midnight. Remove desert map.

Do note that we have lower amount of deaths than Blues and considerably less kills than either side in the matchup so activity of all 3 sides should be somewhat similar. Blues seem to outnumber and onepush us everytime they have a willing commander, greens have some weaker alliances mixed there.

Reds have like 3k less kills that we have, thats not alot.

The better KD comes from ~3 skirmishes in the evening. Rest of the day blues+greens have ~10 players. Just look at the maps right now.. People who hype alliances yet have to realize that if the situation stays like that there won't be any difference to when an overpopulated server stomps a dead server without alliance. There will just be close to no communication due to having no time to build up a community. Also happy for you that you have so many commanders, there is surely alot of motivation to play since you win. So far I saw around 3 commanders on green team that did open raid. Maybe we just have alot of guild stacked on our server that do guild raids 2x a week and not play for the rest of it. Let's see how the situation will be during the week though I doubt it will be any different to the weekend.

Edited by Kit.3798
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Alliances are pretty good so far. Have enjoyed the last few betas, always get some well matched and quality fights out of them (as someone that usually solo roams or runs in a 5 stack).
The weirdest part of it is no one in team chat getting super frothy about how roamers contribute nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Ok Anet can reduce the sizes as long as you're the one explaining to 500 man PvE only guilds why you have to randomly kick most of their members by force.

And also in regards to the opposition you could be on a T5 class team meeting two T1 class teams. Do you think that would have worked any better with the normal system?

T1 to t5 is just numbers of players stacked covering more timezones, nothing more, the issue is the closer u get to hight tiers theres more pve boon bloobs  with a tons of minstrells farming  lesser groups, nothing more.

Ive been in all tiers and its all the same, numbers + minstrells suporters  and scourges, wins who has more.

It just depends how Anet does the algorithm for the aliances, alot of hight tier groups  probably will even quit since they cant ktrain at will, IF the algorith puts similiar force during that timezone on the other side.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2