Hey look, PvP balance hype.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-update-preview-livestream-this-friday/

A friend brought it to my attention that the drake stats here imply they're removing the Druid Pet stat nerf. Of course it could be testing environment and there's something else happening.  @Trevor Boyer.6524, confirm? 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-update-preview-livestream-this-friday/

A friend brought it to my attention that the drake stats here imply they're removing the Druid Pet stat nerf. Of course it could be testing environment and there's something else happening.  @Trevor Boyer.6524, confirm? 

If they are willing to remove that nerf, which is supposed to be the Druid "Tradeoff" then I wonder what other Tradeoffs(TM) nerfs they are going to be reconsidering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If they are willing to remove that nerf, which is supposed to be the Druid "Tradeoff" then I wonder what other Tradeoffs(TM) nerfs they are going to be reconsidering.

i could see them reverting the cc damage changes. I don’t know how much of a difference they even make at this point anyway.

I mean we already have damage on fear, damage on cc from ele, holo abilities and passives, mechs that deal 8k damage and stun, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

i could see them reverting the cc damage changes. I don’t know how much of a difference they even make at this point anyway.

I mean we already have damage on fear, damage on cc from ele, holo abilities and passives, mechs that deal 8k damage and stun, etc.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a -300 toughness penalty. But, yeah I'd like to see at least a trait given to each core profession to add appropriate damage types to their CCs. Like turn Body Blow into strike damage, or add several (+3 at least) more bleeds stacks to it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They are removing that nerf because they realized their "trade off" concept only really applied to some professions and no others..

By all means, engineer, revenant, guardian have no trade offs...anywhere

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

If they are indeed removing tradeoffs... then the "pvp balance hype" is already over. Some e-specs were simply better for not having them, we were told it's only temporary. If they remove ALL that would be borderline acceptable, if they add the remaining missing tradeoffs that would be awesome, but if they just remove SOME... I swear that's all the motivation I need to finally quit this game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

They are removing that nerf because they realized their "trade off" concept only really applied to some professions and no others..

i think the guardian trade off was losing firebrand in pvp. Lol I love how core guard is now meta and more played than everything but dragon hunter. At least from what I’ve seen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Apart from, you know:

- Scrapper's default HP nerf

- Holosmith's overheat mechanic, dealing 7k? damage to self, removing access to Photon Forge for awhile, and putting all toolbelt on CD

- Holosmith's negative interaction with kits, removing fast swapping between them

- General loss of the elite toolbelt slot (very powerful abilities like Moa, Medpacks)

- Mechanist's class breaking full loss of toolbelt, ruining many core Engineer skills like Medkit

That's just for Engineer though. Maybe your ignorant generalization has some merit elsewhere?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

i think the guardian trade off was losing firebrand in pvp. Lol I love how core guard is now meta and more played than everything but dragon hunter. At least from what I’ve seen.

Popularity doesn't always equate to strength. Support guardians (and tempest) are really the only viable support since Scourge was gutted. It's not like you have much other choice for competitive supports if you want one. It's either that or tempest.

Edited by Nova.4608

2 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

If they are indeed removing tradeoffs... then the "pvp balance hype" is already over. Some e-specs were simply better for not having them, we were told it's only temporary. If they remove ALL that would be borderline acceptable, if they add the remaining missing tradeoffs that would be awesome, but if they just remove SOME... I swear that's all the motivation I need to finally quit this game.

Maybe they remove and Change traits/skills that some stuff is Not broken anymore. I Bet they Said November 29 the next one because they still Need to Figure Out how to Balance mirage With 2 dodges 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Ya know, this summer, I would call it, the summer of balance updates. We got a big one in may/June. And like 2 small ones between July and August I think. Now another biggie on Oct 4 and a tune  up in November? This is comforting and makes me want to gw more.

I believe their plan moving forward is the same frequency of balance updates. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I believe their plan moving forward is the same frequency of balance updates. 

I hope so. I'm wondering if they will slow down the engi rifle to be more like warrior's rifle or will they speed up warrior's rifle to be more like engi's. I just feel engi's rifle shoots really quickly compaired to it other classes with the same weapon. Also along with the robot projectiles. The need for aura share and reflect isn't the problem, it's the other classes that use all this projectiles now. Nothing of ele has really changed and it now very effective becuase changes/new weapon to other classes. So I have alittle fear of ele being nerfed when it doesn't need it.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1

Did rly everone forget about the profession with the hardest traitoffs ever made? Called berserker they just do 2 hard traitoffs on it back then..... a trait does straigth -300 thougness and the fact you get no core burst of zerker but also Berserker Mode is now Interrupt able means it goes just on a 5 sec cd means you without any hard dps for like 15 seconds lmao xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Nothing of ele has really changed and it now very effective becuase changes/new weapon to other classes. So I have alittle fear of ele being nerfed when it doesn't need it.

"nothing has really changed"

besides them almost doubling the healingoutput of Elemental bastion..... and that they basicly removed the CD from transmuting auras..... AAAND that they added considerable extra duration of protection on the Earthtraitline....

Those were HUGE buffs and now we pair that with the current projectilemeta, slap a littlebit of "Earthshield" ontop, and you have the reason why Supporttempest is as strong as it currently is.

"nothing has really changed"........ 😂 I dont want them to nerf my main.... but we can NOT pretend like ele and mainly tempest is not one of, if not, the class that has received the most buffs in the last few months....

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I hope so. I'm wondering if they will slow down the engi rifle to be more like warrior's rifle or will they speed up warrior's rifle to be more like engi's. I just feel engi's rifle shoots really quickly compaired to it other classes with the same weapon. Also along with the robot projectiles. The need for aura share and reflect isn't the problem, it's the other classes that use all this projectiles now. Nothing of ele has really changed and it now very effective becuase changes/new weapon to other classes. So I have alittle fear of ele being nerfed when it doesn't need it.

The rate of fire on Warrior Rifle AA with quickness on is what the rate of fire should be without quickness on.

• Like 3