I like the Butler outfit being available to both genders. This should be a thing in future outfits as well.

Not so much a fan of the Maid outfit, though -- I predict a certain role-playing tenor in chat. 😅

P.S. I bought only the emote, by the way. It looks very cute on my asura.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Awful. I never regreted wasting money on an outfit so fast.

I was expecting some kind of censorship sure, but I expected something like the Witch Outfit. Instead, they added this kind of bodysuit to remplace the whole hip that don't even match the legs creating this hideous crippling.

as a digital artist, I know any serious company would have returned this to me with a big GFY but of course, this company seem to have no quality control at all.

Does the issue you describe show up in tbe preview? I only glanced at it and didnt notice.

Edit: nvm I logged in and the maid thighs are genuine.  I now realize that Arianth was complaining about the spats that are under the maid's skirt.  I guess it was either use spats or use bloomers.  I don't really mind.

At least it wasn't the elegant Canthan outfit all over again (painting panties over leggings)
Edit: it is similar though, the spats cannot be dyed.  On the other hand the Canthan paint-over did respond to dyes, it just behaved differently than normal.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

no, I only play with a human female btw and it's very noticiable when gliding or sitting on a mount. You have to move the camera to see it while standing but once you know it's there, you can't unsee it.

Bummer, sorry to hear it.

• Like 1

I completely agree with you OP, you read my mind. Except for both sexes being able to wear both outfits which I think is an enormous waste of resources.

I love things like this which fit into the world and are seemingly just there to bolster roleplaying.  The designs are great and feel regal and noble which is my favourite theme.

• Confused 6

42 minutes ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

I completely agree with you OP, you read my mind. Except for both sexes being able to wear both outfits which I think is an enormous waste of resources.

I love things like this which fit into the world and are seemingly just there to bolster roleplaying.  The designs are great and feel regal and noble which is my favourite theme.

How is it waste of resources? Should they add maid only for females and not make the proper butler for male? Or vice versa? They just made it possible to wear for both genders instead of making one outfit for each gender like other outfits. Not much extra resources needed for that 👀

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

How is it waste of resources? Should they add maid only for females and not make the proper butler for male? Or vice versa? They just made it possible to wear for both genders instead of making one outfit for each gender like other outfits. Not much extra resources needed for that 👀

It takes a lot of time to make armour fit different bodies which is why we have racial armours etc

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

This has been one of the most well-received outfits in the game and almost entirely due to being gender-neutral. In the past gender-locking armors and outfits has been a major critisism of the game, especially since Asura and Charr are forced into wearing male clothing even on female characters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Because of the way the apron is done, it makes my female characters look wider than they actually are and that looks weird to me, so it's not for me and tbh I can't imagine wearing this roaming aroud the world and wvw. I suspect this is great for RP'ers though so more power to them. I would think they deserve some love as well.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:38 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

I find the butler outfit disappointing, too. The maid outfit looks very much like a french maid. The extra tracery on the butler outfit, though, makes it look like this weird hybrid between butler and other "fancy" GW2 outfits. ArenaNet designers really have an aversion to simplicity.

Hey, it didn't come with shoulder pads that would make it impossible to go through a door, or clusters of crystals, or spikes where you would end up stabbing yourself in the face. It's pretty restrained!

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

Hey, it didn't come with shoulder pads that would make it impossible to go through a door, or clusters of crystals, or spikes where you would end up stabbing yourself in the face. It's pretty restrained!

Fair, fair. It's all relative, right?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Squeesidhe.4761 said:

Don't forget it also doesn't have RGB LEDs installed in every corner of the outfit.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Don't forget it also doesn't have RGB LEDs installed in every corner of the outfit.

LOL, I just helped my son build his first PC, and all the cases without LEDs were actually more expensive. So now his Ferrari red computer quietly pulses RGB messages out into the night while we sleep.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This has been one of the most well-received outfits in the game and almost entirely due to being gender-neutral. In the past gender-locking armors and outfits has been a major critisism of the game, especially since Asura and Charr are forced into wearing male clothing even on female characters.

Oh ok well not gender-locking this outfit is my major criticism.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

On 10/12/2022 at 4:41 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Awful. I never regreted wasting money on an outfit so fast.

I was expecting some kind of censorship sure, but I expected something like the Witch Outfit. Instead, they added this kind of bodysuit to remplace the whole hip that don't even match the legs creating this hideous crippling.

as a digital artist, I know any serious company would have returned this to me with a big GFY but of course, this company seem to have no quality control at all.

I fail to see how it's censored when it was never meant to be revealing in the first place.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:21 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Edit: nvm I logged in and the maid thighs are genuine.  I now realize that Arianth was complaining about the spats that are under the maid's skirt.  I guess it was either use spats or use bloomers.  I don't really mind.

At least it wasn't the elegant Canthan outfit all over again (painting panties over leggings)

I mean, if said items can only be spotted by intentionally looking under the skirt with camera angles it's not really a huge issue. Or at least not one somebody should be talking about in a public, non-adult forum.

3 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Oh ok well not gender-locking this outfit is my major criticism.

Which is odd, as it leans toward the probability of future outfits not being gender-locked so we can have revealing or armored up outfits for both genders vs a split.

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I'm supposed to close my eyes when gliding, swimming and sitting on a mount?

I don't see the clipping you mention (I assume you meant clipping, not crippling), and it's just shorts under the skirt, visible only in those instances.

It's no different then any other skirt skin already in the game as armor or outfit.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Because of the way the apron is done, it makes my female characters look wider than they actually are and that looks weird to me, so it's not for me and tbh I can't imagine wearing this roaming aroud the world and wvw. I suspect this is great for RP'ers though so more power to them. I would think they deserve some love as well.

I'm not exactly a role-player but I do use outfits mainly as 'town clothes' for times and places my character's armour looks inappropriate. It's something I've been doing since Morrowind, and would have done earlier if older games had that option (although in a lot of older games it didn't matter because character sprites or models weren't that detailed).

I remember when Party Politics in Season 2 was released, there was a whole forum thread showing off how out of place our characters looked at this fancy human party. Even the ones with toned down armour that matches what the NPCs would wear were still obviously wearing armour rather than formal clothes. Some light armoured characters could just-about pass, but that was the best it got. I don't think it's a coincidence that we got the Noble Count outfit shortly after that.

I did notice one issue, which is that the "underwear" of the maid outfit isn't dyable, its just always black. So if you have dark skin or fur it just appears to be nothing there at all. I know some would consider this a feature, but it'd still be nice if they made it dyable so we can control the color.

And yes, it does show (while swimming, gliding, and so on..)

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I did notice one issue, which is that the "underwear" of the maid outfit isn't dyable, its just always black. So if you have dark skin or fur it just appears to be nothing there at all. I know some would consider this a feature, but it'd still be nice if they made it dyable so we can control the color.

And yes, it does show (while swimming, gliding, and so on..)

Ah! so the maid outfit does have Canthan technology!  I didn't realize that the spats couldn't be dyed.  To be fair I was only using brights or pastels for the trim. 
At least they haven't done like some older mmos where the skirt was closed at the bottom and the legs protruded from a flat plane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure if this was stated already or discussed with another post, and not sure how much attention this will bring but... Is there any chance that you'll make a "Bunny Maid" and "Bunny Butler" outfit too? When I first saw the Maid and Butler outfits, I thought about adding the Bunny Ears headpiece, but then I learned that they were outfits and not armors so you couldn't mix and match.

I understand that it's easier to make new Outfits than new Armors, but it really sucks wanting to mix-and-match armor pieces together for a unique and interesting style only to find out the you can't mix armor pieces with outfits.

Please consider the Bunny Maid and Bunny Butler outfits. I think the Bunny Ears would look awesome on these oufits. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3