Mystic Forge "Upgrade" - "Bank Access" [Merged]

1 minute ago, Labjax.2465 said:

You try to invalidate people's concerns by saying they're overreacting because it's clear to you where things are and when I point out how that's not the case for everybody, you go "oh I didn't mean THAT person." Just stop.

No, I don't try to invalidate anyone's concerns. At no point I've said people are supposed to like the change. Stop pretending I did or said something I clearly didn't .

Here's a reminder of what I did write though:

Bank items have an icon in the upper left corner, it's rather clear what is in your inventory and what isn't. It could be better, but some of the reactions on the forum seem a little overdramatic to me.

...and it was in a direct response to someone saying they can't really talk about it "(...)because I haven’t seen it, although it sounds like it might need to separate or highlight bank items"

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

No they aren't. Your opinion is that they are overdramatic, which in doing so, is an attempt at invalidating them as concerns. That's what calling a reaction overdramatic does. It's wild that you are trying so hard to act like a victim here, saying I'm trying to vilify. You picked a fight and I'm defending the people who you are trying to put down. Don't talk kitten if you can't handle being called on it.

Why do you need to defend them why did you take offence for them maybe it is time to take a walk and calm down?

The OP was overdramatic clearly did not see the icons I saw when I opened my portable mystic forge in game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

What do you mean next? It is already possible to craft with things in your bank and material storage. Been doable for years if not always.

Not with soulbound 24, 28 slots bags bound to other characters then the crafters the thing we  two were talking about.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Not with soulbound 24, 28 slots bags bound to other characters then the crafters the thing we  two were talking about.

Sure, but that's a completely separate problem. Not the lack of access to the bank for this, but inability to craft using items soulbound to another character. It has absolutely no relation to what we're talking about here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Sure, but that's a completely separate problem. Not the lack of access to the bank for this, but inability to craft using items soulbound to another character. It has absolutely no relation to what we're talking about here.

And thats why I said maybe they can do that next since it is a sticking point to some people.

If you can mystic forge from your bank the next step could be to craft with items from your bank in addition to material storage.

Edit

It seems some people dont follow the conversations being quoted instead just reply to the last reply in a conversation bettwen people so yea maybe read the quoted text to to understand the context?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

My guess is this was tested on a developer account with four 4-slot bags and a single bank tab with no more than three items. That's the only way you can make this change look good. The UX is a catastrophe on my account with maxed out bag slots and bank tabs with 60+ items in my inventory and 300+ items in my bank.

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Bank items have an icon in the upper left corner, it's rather clear what is in your inventory and what isn't. It could be better, but some of the reactions on the forum seem a little overdramatic to me.

I didn't notice the icon when I looked at the Forge, if I hadn't seen people on the forum saying it's there I wouldn't know it existed. If that's Anet's solution to the problem maybe they could update the icon to make it more noticable.

(And as far as I know I don't have any relevant visual impairments. I do need glasses when using a computer, but I was wearing them at the time.)

Edited by Danikat.8537

I really like the change and cannot understand the complaints. For crafting legendaries I have many items in the bank because they can not be put into the material storage. If I keep them on a character the inventory is cluttered and I often do certain parts of the collections on several characters. 

Imo this is a great change. Sure, some things could be improved but altogether I am really glad that bank access is available like in this update.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And thats why I said maybe they can do that next since it is a sticking point to some people.

If you can mystic forge from your bank the next step could be to craft with items from your bank in addition to material storage.

Edit

It seems some people dont follow the conversations being quoted instead just reply to the last reply in a conversation bettwen people so yea maybe read the quoted text to to understand the context?

Oh, i do follow the conversation. It still seemed to me like a classic "and Carthage must be destroyed" rider to something completely unrelated.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ArjukKagrim.6049 said:

I really like the change and cannot understand the complaints. For crafting legendaries I have many items in the bank because they can not be put into the material storage. If I keep them on a character the inventory is cluttered and I often do certain parts of the collections on several characters. 

Imo this is a great change. Sure, some things could be improved but altogether I am really glad that bank access is available like in this update.

I suppose it depends on what you keep in your bank and how you use the Mystic Forge.

I have 3 bank tabs for holding spare equipment which I absolutely do not want to use in the Mystic Forge for any reason, because I want to keep them to be used as they are. Now when I go to use the Forge all that stuff and other important items (70+ items in total) are in the menu.

Aside from when I'm making Mystic Salvage Kits I often go through a few stages when using the Mystic Forge and since new items go to the bottom of the list that means stuff I want to use (and therefore have in my inventory) and stuff I've just got and want to use for the next step will be split with those 70 items I absolutely do not want to touch in between. I'll have to keep closing the whole menu and re-opening it to move the new items to the top of the list, and even then there's no clear delineation between them and the ones I want to save.

The most risky time for me will be when I'm clearing out a temporary character ahead of deleting them; anything they have which I don't want to keep and which can't be salvaged I put in the Mystic Forge, so lots of random equipment pieces (and my temporary characters can be any level when they're deleted, I'm not just talking about level 10 key runners). I'd normally go through a few rounds of putting in any equipment pieces which can be combined until they're all used up. Now each time I do that I'll have to check carefully to make sure I'm putting in the ones in their inventory I want to get rid of and not the ones in the bank I want to save.

But the most annoying will be when there's a new set of black lion minis (like the baby mounts). I buy enough of the basic minis to make the full set, buy all the dyes I'll need and then work my way through the whole collection by lining up the minis I need to forge in my inventory and cycling through them. Doing that with the menu cluttered up with a lot of irrelevant items (which again I do not want to put in the Forge at all) is going to be extremely annoying. I'll probably have to do one 'step' at a time and keep closing down the menu and re-opening it in between to move the items I want to use to the top of the list and keep everything else out the way.

That's why I said I see it being like the inventory 'compact' button. Some people think it's super-helpful to have that right next to 'deposit' so you can click the two together all the time. Other people like to keep things at the bottom or at specific places in their inventory and do not ever want to push the compact button for any reason so having them next to each other is just risking a very annoying mistake. In that case Anet (eventually) solved the problem by giving us the option to move the compact option when they were in the menu or disable the button.

I'd like to see them do something similar here - add a check box to show or hide items in the bank when you're looking at the Mystic Forge so people who find it useful can show them and people who don't want to risk selecting those items can hide them and have the system we used to have.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, i do follow the conversation. It still seemed to me like a classic "and Carthage must be destroyed" rider to something completely unrelated.

No it was me miss remembering how stuff worked been awhile since I crafted any bags tbh and making it into a follow up suggestion instead.

I want to take the moment to say goodbye to Dragon's Bite (174 gold), The Lover (79 gold), Spark (265 gold) and Rage (24 gold) that I used to keep in the bank, until I have enough gold to forge the legendary. I used to toss 4 random exotic weapons on my bag into the mystic forge and sell anything that is over 5 gold. Surprisingly, when I toss every exotic that I could find on my character into the mystic forge, those where under them. And surprising they didn't yield and result that is over 550 gold.

Edited by BadHealer.3608
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

I want to take the moment to say goodbye to Dragon's Bite (174 gold), The Lover (79 gold), Spark (265 gold) and Rage (24 gold) that I used to keep in the bank, until I have enough gold to forge the legendary. I used to toss 4 random exotic weapons on my bag into the mystic forge and sell anything that is over 5 gold. Surprisingly, when I toss every exotic that I could find on my character into the mystic forge, those where under them. And surprising they didn't yield and result that is over 550 gold.

Contact support they can probably give it back to you.

Edited by Boogiepop Void.6473
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

Except dragons bite since I dont have that the rest are impossible want me to make a screenshot and upload it?

https://imgur.com/a/08SqpKd

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Except dragons bite since I dont have that the rest are impossible want me to make a screenshot and upload it?

https://imgur.com/a/08SqpKd

Perhaps it works differently if you use all 4 precs, or there's one in those four that blocks the forge, but Spark is definitely forgable, which my wife found out yesterday to her chargrin.

Edit: you're right, today no precursor is forgeable, including the ones mentioned. Perhaps they disabled something today, because that Spark did get forged away yesterday.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Perhaps it works differently if you use all 4 precs, or there's one in those four that blocks the forge, but Spark is definitely forgable, which my wife found out yesterday to her chargrin.

Edit: you're right, today no precursor is forgeable, including the ones mentioned. Perhaps they disabled something today, because that Spark did get forged away yesterday.

Can still forge dawn and dusk same as when I made the thread.

Could not forge any other gen 1 unsure about the shield its the only one  I dont have in bank.

https://imgur.com/a/NATvbkI

Edit

And no 4 precursors dont work since as soon as you put any of of them in beside dusk and dawn everything greys out.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

It is a start. I liked the update that also gave us the change to the lfg system. (Showing if map is full.) Two nice things that suddenly came when no one expected it anymore. 😄

The mat storage ... annoying that the access to it is missing though. Since I mainly promote mats for the daily. Then barely using the mystic forge unless doing a legendary where I have the stuff in the bank and remember where I placed it. So not too annoying to have everything mixed in one window  unless you have lots of copies of the same stuff in bank AND inventory.

I think the crafting discovery window works similar doesn't it? I mean there the bank stuff and stuff from the inventory also is all mixed in the same window. Only that there ... it gets less - once you have discovered the stuff. (Mystic forge is for actually crafting where you might craft the same thing multiple times.) +the crafting window also has full bank access with the separate window. They might - for some reason - not wanted to give full bank access. That also allows to normally switch items from the inventory to the bank. (Which for example is convenient in the guild hall.) Can't see any real reason to not give full bank access there though.

Edited by Luthan.5236

This change is kind of a nightmare for people with full bank tabs full of stuff. When it comes to material storage however, if you know there's some stuffs you know you're going to MF soon, you can just take them from storage and put them into the bank. It obviously takes some bank space to do so but better than nothing in that regard (esp. if as absent-minded as Kitty).

They never learn, do they?

Would been easy to add a setting to switch of the bank tabs in mystic forge from the beginning when planning this change.

But it seems that they still lack the foresight to do it right from the beginning despite all the patch troubles from the past.

A missed opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1