Mystic Forge "Upgrade" - "Bank Access" [Merged]

On 10/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

Unwatned clutter and the added possibilty of using something unintentionally, this is probably one of the worst unrequested changes I've ever seen.

It is a clutter but certainly not "unrequested". Probably been asked for countless of times through the years.

If they change it to tabs such as shown here: Mystic Forge Tabs, it will solve lots of the problems. Not just lumped them all together.

4 tabs - Forge, Inventory, Bank, Material Storage

• 1st tab (Forge) - Only items dragged to the left from 2nd to 4th tabs will show.
  • 2nd to 4th tabs - Can show all or show specifc slots by clicking on arrows in their respective windows. Drag items from the right to the left pane. Items on left pane will only be shown when Forge tab is clicked.
  • Dragging items from left pane to the right pane, regardless of which of the 2nd to 4th tabs are open, will remove items from Forge tab.
Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3

I’ll add my vote as this being a poorly done addition. You can’t even use the items from materials easily. At minimum you should be able to pull items out of the Materials tab so they can be split up into 4 separate items. And having everything all in one tab all jumbled together is it’s own bad decision. 

very disappointed in it. I found it of no use. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Mystic Forge "Upgrade" - "Bank Access" [Merged]
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a stupid move. Why would they add this without a toggle button. I wasn't aware of this change as I took the last 2 months off. I just realize I was throwing stuff I had in my bank into the forge. smh
I'm just going to avoid using it for now on. I know for a fact I will end up destroying more stuff I put in the BANK for a reason. It's a bank, not an inventory bag. If I wanted to savage those items, they would have been in my bags not my BANK! I didn't even notice the little icon on the items because I wear glasses, and I wasn't wearing them since I was only flushing items. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

On Mystic Forge should be the same interface as on crafting stations - just add icons to access bank and material storage.

This would give quite easy access for items, anything needed could be moved to inventory - and would still keep clear list of items to forge.

As I suggested above, if they would to do something like this: Mystic Forge Tabs

On 10/22/2022 at 3:35 PM, Silent.6137 said:

4 tabs - Forge, Inventory, Bank, Material Storage

• 1st tab (Forge) - Only items dragged to the left from 2nd to 4th tabs will show.
  • 2nd to 4th tabs - Can show all or show specifc slots by clicking on arrows in their respective windows. Drag items from the right to the left pane. Items on left pane will only be shown when Forge tab is clicked.
  • Dragging items from left pane to the right pane, regardless of which of the 2nd to 4th tabs are open, will remove items from Forge tab.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 5:59 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Bank items have an icon in the upper left corner, it's rather clear what is in your inventory and what isn't. It could be better, but some of the reactions on the forum seem a little overdramatic to me.

I honestly did not notice the bag symbol until reading this.  Many of the item image backgrounds are quite light in color.  That teeny bag isn't actually all that clear, and disappears completely on some of the images.  Heck, some of the item image icons I can't even tell what it really is supposed to be, I've just learned that particular mess of colors and shapes is "___." 

So, I guess my fix is to arrange my bank vault items so that the first thing there has a dark background on the item image, so that I can see the tiny bag, and then I'll know everything else after that is in my vault.

• Like 1

I tried dragging items into the Mystic Forge slots from my inventory instead but it doesn't work at all. If you hover over the forge squares it says "drag an item here to craft new items." but anything I drag over highlights red and wont add despite that same item being visible in the selection list and placeable that way.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1