Mail carrier satchel is soulbound?

2 hours ago, EchoUniverse.9486 said:

As much as I appreciate the gift by all means. Though I do wonder why does it have to be soulbound? I just don't understand the point of it.

Yeah, i don't want to seem ungreatful, but i'm wondering why soulbound?

I mean what's gonna happen if down the line i would transfer the bag to another character and gave them 4 mroe slots...

Idk, seems weird...

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

Juzt a point of clarification:

I see people referring to this as a gift, or free. It is neither. It is payment from ANet for performing a task that they requested. They set the task and the payment method for performing that task. We, individually, then decide whether or not the payment is sufficient to induce us to perform the task.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

I dont know, It seems par for the course for a lot of decisions anet has been making regarding rewards as of late (i.e removing food from ToT bags, Lousy rewards for playing the game etc)  New folks in charge of the reward structure in this game have left a lot to be desired over the last year or two (/shrug)   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

New folks in charge of the reward structure in this game have left a lot to be desired over the last year or two (/shrug)   

Not to mention the entire EoD.

Since i finished my legendary there, i don't ever go to those maps anymore.

19 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I see people referring to this as a gift, or free. It is neither. It is payment from ANet for performing a task that they requested. They set the task and the payment method for performing that task. We, individually, then decide whether or not the payment is sufficient to induce us to perform the task.

Sure, but they didn't have to do even that, could have been a booster pack or something equally lazy.

But they gave a nice bag to people.

It's just that - why the hell does soulbound even exist on bags in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Really hope that's a bug and it becomes account bound.

You can hope all you want.. but I'm pretty sure that all bags greater then 20 slots are soulbound on use except for the 32 slot ones.    This is how they have always been, dont see them changing that just for this "freebie"

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

That "payment" can be fulfilled by literally logging into the account, marking 2 squares -> saving preferences -> unmarking 2 squares -> saving preferences. If those few mouse clicks are considered to be a price (where in the end you're still not subrscribed to a newsletter outside of that 1-3 second timeframe), I'd need some clarification about how this is somehow paying anything from the perspective for a player. This is just free.

@OP accountbound obviously would be better, but it's a good free bag so I actually don't see a reason to still complain about it jsut because it's less optimal than maybe it could be.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

47 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

You can hope all you want.. but I'm pretty sure that all bags greater then 20 slots are soulbound on use except for the 32 slot ones.    This is how they have always been, dont see them changing that just for this "freebie"

The Boreal bags are not soul bound while everything prior is.  Given that they made the change to not soul bound for the Boreal bags, it is unexpected that they would go back to soul bound for the next released bag.  

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
Typing is hard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Really hope that's a bug and it becomes account bound.

Same. I mean, i can't think of a one good reason why it needs to be soulbound...

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't go there anymore either, and I didn't even try for a legendary.  Or the siege turtle.

Yeah it's kinda sad how quickly EoD got abandoned... 

I mean, aside from strikes, weekly kitten and legendary makers, who plays it even?

I haven't been there for a long time...

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That "payment" can be fulfilled by literally logging into the account, marking 2 squares -> saving preferences -> unmarking 2 squares -> saving preferences. If those few mouse clicks are considered to be a price (where in the end you're still not subrscribed to a newsletter outside of that 1-3 second timeframe), I'd need some clarification about how this is somehow paying anything from the perspective for a player. 

The bag is the payment. Logging into the account, signing up for the newsletter, etc is the labor that is being paid for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The bag is the payment. Logging into the account, signing up for the newsletter, etc is the labor that is being paid for.

Oh right, got that part in reverse. Although the focus here is still on the part where it somehow "isn't free". It really is and claiming that it's somehow not free because you're required to make few clicks without giving out anything like your personal data or even agreement to receive the emails from them is a complete miss for me.

The point I've made in my previous post ("marking 2 squares -> saving preferences -> unmarking 2 squares -> saving preferences") is that you're not required to remain signed up to the newsletter. You can do all of these 4 steps one after another without logging into the game inbetween. The next time you log into the game, you still get the bag and you're still not signed into the newsletter. It's free.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh right, got that part in reverse. Although the focus here is still on the part where it somehow "isn't free". It really is and claiming that it's somehow not free because you're required to make few clicks without giving out anything like your personal data or even agreement to receive the emails from them is a complete miss for me.

The point I've made in my previous post ("marking 2 squares -> saving preferences -> unmarking 2 squares -> saving preferences") is that you're not required to remain signed up to the newsletter. You can do all of these 4 steps one after another without logging into the game inbetween. The next time you log into the game, you still get the bag and you're still not signed into the newsletter. It's free.

Anet wanted a task performed and offered payment for performing that task. The payment can not be attained without performing the task. That makes the bag not free (but very cheap and I hope I get mine soon). This is not a matter of opinion but rather objective fact.

Any time you must perform a task asked of you by another in order to receive payment the payment is not free...even if it is very cheap.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

It's free. I don't see the problem. 

I don't understand the reasoning that goes into statements like these. If it was a bag that did not work, would you still say "it's free, I don't see the problem"? What if it broke your game and prevented you from logging in? At what point do you have standards for a product that you are almost certainly paying money to in other ways? Are we supposed to pretend like a promotional item (which is what it is and it's not free in the sense of a gift as you have to sign up for a newsletter to get it) is coming from a completely different company than the one we pay when we buy expansions or gem store items? If it cost 1 penny, would you suddenly say there is a problem when there wasn't before? Where is the line?

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

22 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Anet wanted a task performed and offered payment for performing that task. The payment can not be attained without performing the task. That makes the bag not free (but very cheap and I hope I get mine soon). This is not a matter of opinion but rather objective fact.

Any time you must perform a task asked of you by another in order to receive payment the payment is not free...even if it is very cheap.

What does anet gain from the task of players checking and immediatelly unchecking those boxes?

Nothing, it's free and the action of allowing them to send you newsletter is still optional.

22 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I don't understand the reasoning that goes into statements like these. If it was a bag that did not work, would you still say "it's free, I don't see the problem"?

But it works, it just isn't the absolute best version it could be, but also it clearly doesn't need to be to still be worth getting as a free gift. So at that point I wouldn't say it's anywhere near to "it doesn't work, but it was free so it's ok", but rather "I got the gift, but it's not the color I wanted so now I'll keep saying I deserved better". It's still a nice free gift that's clearly useful for the players.

22 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Are we supposed to pretend like a promotional item (which is what it is and it's not free in the sense of a gift as you have to sign up for a newsletter to get it) is coming from a completely different company than the one we pay when we buy expansions or gem store items?

We don't need to pretend that and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with this thread from what I understand. When you buy a game or expansion, you pay for the game or expansion. This bag pretty much came out of nowhere and is free. It wasn't promised, expected or included in any purchase we've made. Somehow people still complain because it could be a little better.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

There is no problem, just a question.

I'll soulbind into my main if I have to. 

I'm just wondering why it's souldbound in the first place. It could be a bug for all i know...

Generally speaking all 24 slot bags that were exotic were soulbound on use while the ascended ones were account bound on use. There aren't a ton of account bound exotics in the game, most are soulbound on use.

This conversation came up already when people complained when 24 slot bags came out, and Anet explained it back then. But yeah the vast majority of 24 slot bags in this game are soulbound on use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

As Vayne pointed out, the "free" (not sure why people are debating this?) 24-slot bag being soulbound is equivalent to any 24/28 slot PoF era bag (before the Boreal ones from IBS).

I would be ecstatic if those were made accountbound but realistically it isn't happening in the near future unless Arenanet addresses all inventory bags.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1