Which old characters would you like to see again?

Zola.6197

On 12/9/2022 at 12:33 AM, anninke.7469 said:

Laranthir is actually back - at the end of the EoD meta you can talk to him. But he says nothing interesting, only an empty phrase about everyone working together. I wonder if anyone in Anet actually remembers he was gone.

On topic: Malyck, pretty much anyone from the sylvari personal story, Laranthir explaining what the hell was he doing during IBS, update on the Pale Tree, more stuff about the Orders.

Its stated in IBS by another character that Laranthir needed to be brought up to speed. Jhavi isn't the leader of the Vigil, she was only temporary, Laranthir is the rightful leader and thus probably had to be trained for an entirely new position. Similarly to the Pact Commander, it probably involves alot of desk work and alot less fighting, too, as Almorra was rarely seen in combat outside of the situations where her ship was forced into it, or destroyed entirely leaving her more or less stranded and unable to do anything but fight.

@ Thread:

I'm a bit confused by why people think Laranthir "left" the Vigil, or that Jhavi leads it now. The Vigil isn't based in the Far Shiverpeaks, its based in Vigil Keep in Gendarren Fields. Jora's Keep was just an offshoot.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Its stated in IBS by another character that Laranthir needed to be brought up to speed. Jhavi isn't the leader of the Vigil, she was only temporary, Laranthir is the rightful leader and thus probably had to be trained for an entirely new position. Similarly to the Pact Commander, it probably involves alot of desk work and alot less fighting, too, as Almorra was rarely seen in combat outside of the situations where her ship was forced into it, or destroyed entirely leaving her more or less stranded and unable to do anything but fight.

@ Thread:

I'm a bit confused by why people think Laranthir "left" the Vigil, or that Jhavi leads it now. The Vigil isn't based in the Far Shiverpeaks, its based in Vigil Keep in Gendarren Fields. Jora's Keep was just an offshoot.

Care to source that? I couldn't find anything beyond "left to take care of stuff in the Grove" and "it's weird he's been gone this long". I also haven't seen any post here stating Laranthir left the Vigil. It's just that one would expect a cofounder of an organization to end his vacay and come back when needed badly. Leader dead and a keep wiped out sounds bad enough to me. 

Edit: Aaaand found it, it was Ember Doomforge who mentioned him getting up to speed. Still I don't think it was handled well. Feels like a not so good band aid and "who cares, they'll forget anyway".

Edit 2: After a bit more thinking it's still weird. Because Ember talks about Laranthir before killing Bangar and Jhavi says he's still not back in the Gendarran DRM which happens later if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by anninke.7469
see Edits
  • Like 1

I honestly want to see Laranthir makes his return.

Laranthir had the unfortunate curse of being forgotten by Anet which they admitted they did completely forgot about him after Heart of Thorns. They added that detail about why he is MIA after HoT in Icebrood Saga as their way to explain why he has been missing.

He has been requested already by Jhavi and many other unknown NPCs to assume his role as Grand Warmaster after Almorra's death but to this day he has refused to explain why he has been extending his leave of absence though it has been mostly Anets way of keeping him out of the game's story.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Characters I want to see again:

Lydia and Koss, not necessarily from a GW1 nostalgia POV, but because I liked how they were used in GW2, and I like how they interacted with the Commander. Even if it's just Lydia hanging out in Southsun flirting with a clueless Logan (the ship I only just now realized that I needed...). For Koss I want to see him galivanting around with Kossan enjoying the family he didn't get to spend time with. Really I just want to see those two enjoying life for once even if it's just in the background.

• Like 6

Always on board with more stuff related to Zommoros and Miyani, or even just updating old stuff, like the unused dialogue the two had but was never used, finally answering why Miyani has so many "Mystic Forge Attendant" clones, reviving the in-map cutscene of Zommoros advertising his "tour".

Would be nice to know what Livia has been up to now that her life's goal is complete. Also just re-encountering some of the largos we've met in the past.

Really holding onto the hope of revenants getting a Legendary Marshall stance at some point (Trahearne). Though same can be said for a lot of the characters that died. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Dualumina.1760 said:

Always on board with more stuff related to Zommoros and Miyani, or even just updating old stuff, like the unused dialogue the two had but was never used, finally answering why Miyani has so many "Mystic Forge Attendant" clones, reviving the in-map cutscene of Zommoros advertising his "tour".

Would be nice to know what Livia has been up to now that her life's goal is complete. Also just re-encountering some of the largos we've met in the past.

Really holding onto the hope of revenants getting a Legendary Marshall stance at some point (Trahearne). Though same can be said for a lot of the characters that died. 

Trahearne overlaps too much thematically with Ventari imo, as much as I'd like Tybalt to be a rev legend though I think they're more likely to keep going for older/more historical characters for legends. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Caid.4932 said:

Agent Zrii

On my replay last year I took noticed of her in the personal story, and I was so excited when I thought she was the asuran agent in TD meta once I got to HoTs. Sadly it was just a different character with a similar name, though Zrii does have a very small cameo in Dragonstand.

Would be great to see her again!

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zola.6197 said:

On my replay last year I took noticed of her in the personal story, and I was so excited when I thought she was the asuran agent in TD meta once I got to HoTs. Sadly it was just a different character with a similar name, though Zrii does have a very small cameo in Dragonstand.

Would be great to see her again!

She pops up a few times in dragonstand

Think 'no need we got him' at mordremoth is her. Seem to remember her hanging around a couple of camps in other maps but could be wrong, been a long time

Edited by Caid.4932
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:26 AM, KnightofPhoenix.3679 said:

Mira, the scarred veteran from Claw Island and the Orr campaign - she was cool

Oh, that’s a great pick! It would be cool to see her again.

I hope we return to claw island some day in a future story. Would be cool to see how it’s been doing since retaking it, though I feel like Mira has cool potential to become a character outside claw island.

Also worth mentioning Doern. There’s a few pretty interesting characters that are part of the Orders that had potential yet got left behind.

• Like 2

Hmm well some of my favourite allies were Zojja and Almorra and both were to sent to the shadow realm so I can't really think of anyone I liked and would want to bring back, although imo you could probably grab a random handful of core npcs and have them be more interesting than our current cast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite minor NPCs is the Solitary Sylvari in Labyrinthine Cliffs accessible only during Festival of the Four Winds.

His dialogue about “responding to Mordremoth’s call” and how he can still hear it felt so poignant when I first read it. It made me sad for him, and every year during the festival I go visit him to talk/sit with him - I always hope there will be some updated dialogue.

It would be awesome to get an update on how he’s doing, somehow. During the festival or even the main story? Maybe they can phase his dialogue depending on how many years have passed since initially speaking with him?

I don’t know if that’s possible, but I always longed for a better examination of the sylvari post-HoTs and have never felt satisfied on that front. He has always stuck in my mind, so he feels worth adding to this thread.

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Zola.6197 said:

and every year during the festival I go visit him to talk/sit with him

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does it. ❤️ Every year, I make it a point with one of my sylvari to go /sit by his side for a while. Poor guy. An update on him would be lovely.

...also, I know it's popular, but still: would asking to know what happened to Malyck and his tree be beating a dead horse at this point? Or is it still worthwhile since horses, as we all know, don't exist in Tyria, so maybe it's beating a Risen centaur...

Er...that metaphor went somewhere horrible in a hurry.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does it. ❤️ Every year, I make it a point with one of my sylvari to go /sit by his side for a while. Poor guy. An update on him would be lovely.

...also, I know it's popular, but still: would asking to know what happened to Malyck and his tree be beating a dead horse at this point? Or is it still worthwhile since horses, as we all know, don't exist in Tyria, so maybe it's beating a Risen centaur...

Er...that metaphor went somewhere horrible in a hurry.

I do this too. It's a very important part of the festival for me. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 12:18 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Trahearne overlaps too much thematically with Ventari imo, as much as I'd like Tybalt to be a rev legend though I think they're more likely to keep going for older/more historical characters for legends. 

If they were to lean more into the Pact and necromancer aspect rather than the fact he's a Firstborn sylvari, it could work honestly. Make it a specialization that focuses on summoning Pact members to come to your aid and shouting orders to them.

• Like 1