• A guild called ViP blob
    • Random pug fites best fites
    • Any boon balls cause I kray kray
    • No boon balls cause wvw is suppose to be fun
    • None of the above I just need the gift
    • Elite Underwater Fight Guild
    • Organized 15-24 people cause kamikharzeeh is a nitpicker

On 12/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

ah yes, the classy underwater elite fight guilds.

btw did OP really just call 15-20 sized groups a "zerg"? i mean at 25 it starts to have some kinda size, but 15-20 is tiny, considering the map caps are 74~ players (or sth around that)

Prior to expansion powercreep where numbers more or less are now the sole deciding factor in fights and warclaw/mobility creep made macro map plays impossible with small groups, anything over 25 was considered its own scale because it was a common thing for the scale to generally stop mattering.  It was frequent where a skillgroup of 25 would tear through a map queue, and a skillgroup of 10 would tear through a group of 25+ uncoordinated players.

Most fight scale terminology from the oldies like me was:

- 1 to 3 = Roaming

- 4 to 10 = Havoc

- 10 to ~17 = small guild/pug raid

- 18 to 25 = GvG

- > 25 = Zerg

8 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Prior to expansion powercreep where numbers more or less are now the sole deciding factor in fights and warclaw/mobility creep made macro map plays impossible with small groups, anything over 25 was considered its own scale because it was a common thing for the scale to generally stop mattering.  It was frequent where a skillgroup of 25 would tear through a map queue, and a skillgroup of 10 would tear through a group of 25+ uncoordinated players.

- 1 to 3 = Roaming

- 4 to 10 = Havoc

- 18 to 25 = GvG

- > 25 = Zerg

35 = BG Roaming Party

• Haha 6

On 12/18/2022 at 8:15 PM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

if the group is bigger then yours, its a zerg.

One of my favorite aspects of wvw is the continuous zeroing in on how people describe group size, because it is absolutely different for everyone no matter how long the game goes.  It is absolutely impossible for wvwers to reach a consensus on it.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 9:02 PM, DeceiverX.8361 said:

- 1 to 3 = Roaming

- 4 to 10 = Havoc

- 18 to 25 = GvG

- > 25 = Zerg

Still use the Warhammer Online ones for the most part where there were 6 to a group and a Warband could be 4 6Player groups linked together so its a matter of:

1 - Roamer/Scout

2-11 Havoc

12-15 Half Warband

16-24+ Warband

40+ Zerg (Multiple Warbands moving together)

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Still use the Warhammer Online ones for the most part where there were 6 to a group and a Warband could be 4 6Player groups linked together so its a matter of:

1 - Roamer/Scout

2-11 Havoc

12-15 Half Warband

16-24+ Warband

40+ Zerg (Multiple Warbands moving together)

It's Warbands all the way down.

• Maguuma cloud - Easy farm, gets boring after 5 minutes tho.
  • Rawr train boon blob - Run with them (sometimes) so can't face them. Would love to farm them tho.
  • Indo spying boon blob - Literally who?
  • Penguinz hidden boon zerg - Huh?
  • Flux double map queue boon blob - Now we making up names?
  • BBC carrying Anet boon blob - Sorry, WAT?!
  • A guild called ViP blob - Love to farm them ❤️
  • The rest - Meh, as long as they die and drop bags...
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:
  • Maguuma cloud - Easy farm, gets boring after 5 minutes tho.
  • Rawr train boon blob - Run with them (sometimes) so can't face them. Would love to farm them tho.
  • Indo spying boon blob - Literally who?
  • Penguinz hidden boon zerg - Huh?
  • Flux double map queue boon blob - Now we making up names?
  • BBC carrying Anet boon blob - Sorry, WAT?!
  • A guild called ViP blob - Love to farm them ❤️
  • The rest - Meh, as long as they die and drop bags...

That just shows how inexperienced you are 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

The only people who like boonblobs are the people playing them.

If boonballs are having fun, no one else is.

When will Anet finally listen?

I have fun fighting boonballs. It's just an organized squad. If you are dealing with organized squads and you are solo/small scale try back capping or picking off the tail. When ppl say "boonballs are bad" the real problem you have is fighting organized parties. If you nerf defensive boons to the ground people will just organize cc parties and do the same thing in a different way. It's organized squads you have issue with.

3 minutes ago, Mincsk.6028 said:

I have fun fighting boonballs. It's just an organized squad. If you are dealing with organized squads and you are solo/small scale try back capping or picking off the tail. When ppl say "boonballs are bad" the real problem you have is fighting organized parties. If you nerf defensive boons to the ground people will just organize cc parties and do the same thing in a different way. It's organized squads you have issue with.

I wonder how people survived fights when they didn't have dedicated minstrel healers and constant 12 boons spammed on them before HoT. 🤔

I think stability is the one boon we can all agree on that should never be nerfed again. Doesn't mean boons in general couldn't use a toning down, or strips could use an upgrade in some areas, they've been nerfed way more times in the past two years than boons, which just favors these organized groups more than anyone else, I mean look who cried the loudest about scourges.... 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I wonder how people survived fights when they didn't have dedicated minstrel healers and constant 12 boons spammed on them before HoT. 🤔

I think stability is the one boon we can all agree on that should never be nerfed again. Doesn't mean boons in general couldn't use a toning down, or strips could use an upgrade in some areas, they've been nerfed way more times in the past two years than boons, which just favors these organized groups more than anyone else, I mean look who cried the loudest about scourges.... 🤷‍♂️

Nice. You lost SMC noob. lol Build more siege!