Upcoming Jade Bot Update Is A Half Measure On A Potentially Awesome Feature

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well people will see other people fly around with their drone in cities maybe entice them to buy the expansion to do the same themselfs.

But why would we fly around in the first place? I genuinely forgot we could even do it until they said we'd be able to do it more... 🤷

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well people will see other people fly around with their drone in cities maybe entice them to buy the expansion to do the same themselfs.

4 hours ago, anninke.7469 said:

But why would we fly around in the first place? I genuinely forgot we could even do it until they said we'd be able to do it more... 🤷

Can we even see other people's junk bots flying around?

I never noticed other players' flying nuclear waste when I did anything that required me to fly mine in the open world.

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Uhm its just a work bench not batteries right?

Even just having the benches means there's an addition of toxic scrap that many people, including me, wish to not see outside of the scrapyard they turned Cantha into.

But maybe they'll place them somewhere outside of the commonly used areas, so we don't see them too often.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

For me they just need to get rid of these terminals and just let the jade bot be moddable like the rest of your gear. Considering they're holding on to these terminals I get why they want to make these terminals accessible outside of Cantha, but I much prefer they take the whole thing out of the game.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 10
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Zil.3071 said:

NO. please undo this change. no one wants to see these ugly jade tech cosmetics outside of cantha. 

Lies!

8 hours ago, Zil.3071 said:

its like you have nothing else to work on, you have to start this and create more mess. 

They said they'll be looking into at right at (or before) the release.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

This was pointless change for a useless item. -_-

If the intent is for screenshots then implement an actual screenshot mode. Then they could also add in things like poses and stuff.

The Bot also needs 1st person view to be useful for taking Screenshots. "Gpose" just stomps on it and laughs as it's little eyeballs popout under it's foot and roll away while it's making little beepboops. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I suspect this is part of a multi stage introduction of bringing Jade tech into the wider world to show Tyria evolving.

Id support that quite readily on phased maps which seems like a heavy undertaking and very unlikely, but a whole new phase of Tyria post Dragons would be quite incredible and despite my dislike of this mastery, might actually rejuvenate my interest.

• Like 4

On 1/27/2023 at 5:14 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd rather not have those Terminals outside of Cantha. I'm not looking forward to seeing this junk more often. And if they made summonable terminals, those should be strictly invisible to other players and only interactable for the summoner.

This visual pestilence shouldn't contaminate any part of the game other than Cantha.

It'd simply be best, if they make the junk bot customization a part of the Hero panel menu, rather than requiring the world to be polluted by green waste.

just wait for the next expansion with the engineers of cantha bringing their jade batteries, jade tech offensive overcharges, jade tech defensive overcharges, jade tech chests and jade bot consoles for everyone to enjoy in the future meta maps as well.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Uhm its just a work bench not batteries right?

Not workbench but terminal. Terminals are those things in one New Kaineng City heart  (and one personal story instance) that let you switch to (and fly around with) jade bot. Which is basically useful only as a "remote view" drone camera for simulation of photo mode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/27/2023 at 10:14 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd rather not have those Terminals outside of Cantha. I'm not looking forward to seeing this junk more often. And if they made summonable terminals, those should be strictly invisible to other players and only interactable for the summoner.

This visual pestilence shouldn't contaminate any part of the game other than Cantha.

It'd simply be best, if they make the junk bot customization a part of the Hero panel menu, rather than requiring the world to be polluted by green waste.

Completely and utterly agreed. Can't they keep the game progressing vertically without violating the world's aesthetic laterally in every possible way? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I suspect this is part of a multi stage introduction of bringing Jade tech into the wider world to show Tyria evolving.

Id support that quite readily on phased maps which seems like a heavy undertaking and very unlikely, but a whole new phase of Tyria post Dragons would be quite incredible and despite my dislike of this mastery, might actually rejuvenate my interest.

This would utterly kitten all over the entire game world and lore though. The game's various zones all take place at different respective times in the story's timeline, so retroactively introducing jade tech to the game's zones that take place prior to EoD would be an absolute disaster for design coherence. The fact that we can have jade bots at all in these zones already does that in a very minor way, but it is a minor conflict, which isn't prominent enough to really require suspension of disbelief to an extreme degree. Kind of on the same level as, like, mounts and Revenant being available prior to their chronological introduction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

This would utterly kitten all over the entire game world and lore though. The game's various zones all take place at different respective times in the story's timeline, so retroactively introducing jade tech to the game's zones that take place prior to EoD would be an absolute disaster for design coherence. The fact that we can have jade bots at all in these zones already does that in a very minor way, but it is a minor conflict, which isn't prominent enough to really require suspension of disbelief to an extreme degree. Kind of on the same level as, like, mounts and Revenant being available prior to their chronological introduction.

I agree, which is why I’d love a phased new world for it all to develop over the years. Same maps, all new tech, events, hearts etc staggered over subsequent years. It’s not going to happen because it’s such a lot of work (and may not be a popular idea anyway), but I think I’d rather see it than new maps. Orr could be cleaned up, Jade tech brought to older maps and see the effects on communities.

I certainly don’t put it past them it mix the timelines in current iterations further though, bad idea or not

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This topic baffles me and some of the responses in it are quite befuddling. The jade bot is quite useful as a tool and something extra in use. The fact you can mod it to find you extra materials is quite nice alone, but can create waypoints is only one of its functions. Being a self res tool for speedy recovery as well, and also give you a boost while gliding are other parts of its functions. And this doesn't include the passive vitality boost it gives too based on the core you install into it. If someone says they don't use it but have all the masteries unlocked they either never explored it, or just don't think about it when they do and would most definitely notice it missing. Sort of like the mounts people take for granted now. The jade bot isn't just a zip line tool.

The ability to actually move jadebot mods around without needing to camp in Cantha will be quite nice.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

This topic baffles me and some of the responses in it are quite befuddling. The jade bot is quite useful as a tool and something extra in use. The fact you can mod it to find you extra materials is quite nice alone, but can create waypoints is only one of its functions. Being a self res tool for speedy recovery as well, and also give you a boost while gliding are other parts of its functions. And this doesn't include the passive vitality boost it gives too based on the core you install into it. If someone says they don't use it but have all the masteries unlocked they either never explored it, or just don't think about it when they do and would most definitely notice it missing. Sort of like the mounts people take for granted now. The jade bot isn't just a zip line tool.

Well since it is not the work bench being added you still wont be able to modify your jade bot anywere else then cantha or if you have the fishing launge pass.

So yea it is even less useful then I thought it would be you will be able to fly your drone around the cities that is all.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well since it is not the work bench being added you still wont be able to modify your jade bot anywere else then cantha or if you have the fishing launge pass.

So yea it is even less useful then I thought it would be you will be able to fly your drone around the cities that is all.

Less useful than I was hoping but still stands on people saying the jadebot is useless in general. That being said does make me curious what the point of adding that feature to the core world will be. Might be a plan dealing with season 7 of the living world perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Less useful than I was hoping but still stands on people saying the jadebot is useless in general. That being said does make me curious what the point of adding that feature to the core world will be. Might be a plan dealing with season 7 of the living world perhaps?

You do know we are only on season 6 if we get one at all since all they talked about so far was 1 cantha map.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You do know we are only on season 6 if we get one at all since all they talked about so far was 1 cantha map.

Actually what was talked about was new story content that would include a new map.

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

Not too concerned with the count of the season since ""5" hopefully shows we will actually be naming this stuff instead of just calling it a generic living world season.

• Confused 2

21 hours ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

They already messed this up starting with LWS1. First it was Kessex Hills, and then many maps after that have been changed over time to include more and more futuristic events. For example the Kralkatorrik portal events seem extremely out of place in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, especially with their music.

None of the maps are in a fixed timeline anymore. Some are post-Scarlet, some are post-Mordrem, some are corrupted by magic from dragons and fallen gods, some are even in the Palawa Joko era (Queensdale, etc.). A few maps are in multiple different timelines at the same time.

Its probably my number one complaint about the game because its just so messy now.

Did you know that when replaying LWS1 Tower of Nightmares, you see the tower both destroyed and intact at the same time because they didn't use their phasing technology for the destroyed parts? If I had one wish it would be for them to go back and clean up and update the Central Tyria maps.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Actually what was talked about was new story content that would include a new map.

Finally, we’re happy to confirm that we’re working on the next story update for Guild Wars 2, including a new map set in the Cantha region. The story (and how we tell it) can go in so many interesting directions now that the Elder Dragon threat is addressed!

Not too concerned with the count of the season since ""5" hopefully shows we will actually be naming this stuff instead of just calling it a generic living world season.

I'm confused at why they actually removed the name for Living World Season 1, which was Scarlet's War everywhere in the game up until the reimplementation which just renamed it back to LWS1.

Giving the seasons names feels alot more professional.

19 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm confused at why they actually removed the name for Living World Season 1, which was Scarlet's War everywhere in the game up until the reimplementation which just renamed it back to LWS1.

Giving the seasons names feels alot more professional.

If we were to be real, having played through it three times now in the past few months, LWS1 was just a hodge podge of stuff that later got slapped together and squinting really hard turned into a plot of Scarlet. I am not a fan of the character, while her motivations are influenced by Mordremoth and we find that all first born are definitely influenced by Mordremoth and their dream, the first and second part of LWS1 had little to tie it together with the rest of the plot. The idea it was this master plot later just feels so forced and doesn't organically fit together in the narrative.

You can basically start with part 3 of the LWS1 and not miss a beat without part 1 or 2.

I could see this being a cool update if there were jade bot obstacle courses or something. A fly through the rings type adventure or something. But that really should be added to Cantha maps first, if at all. The jade bots dont really do much to warrant this otherwise. The only times I've used the bot controls are for that one heart in new Kaineng, that one story instance at the north lab in Kaineng, and Joon's house. Those were required for story and map completion. I can't think of any other place in world where it's necessary or where there's really a reason to get the jade bot out.

I'd love to see that change. But without the change, this update feels pointless.

• Like 1