That's the most pointless PvE-Update ever

I mean, nice that finally after all these years WvW gets some love, but what exactly was the thought process behind adding jadebot stations to the cities whose only (!!!) purpose it is to summon a jade bot to fly around when pretty much everybody now has Griffons and Skyscales?

I was under the impression that these stations also would FINALLY allow us to switch jade bot chips outside of Cantha, since it's such a hassle to always having to go there to swap your chips around, but: No. All you can do with these stations is fly around with the jade bot in the major cities.

That's completely pointless!

Edited by Justforvisit.3709
Typo Correction
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Why would you be under that impression when nothing of the sort was stated by Anet?

Yup, Anet said on the Twitter post: "Starting next Tuesday, you’ll be able to pilot your jade bot beyond Cantha! We’re adding jade bot terminals to Lion’s Arch and all five racial capital cities in the January 31  Guild Wars 2 game update!"

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

I was under the impression that these stations also would FINALLY allow us to switch jade bot chips outside of Cantha, since it's such a hassle to always having to go there to swap your chips around

For 300 research notes and 6G, you can have one in your Guild Hall. free wp in, free wp out, right back where you were. works pretty slick actually. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

For 300 research notes and 6G, you can have one in your Guild Hall. free wp in, free wp out, right back where you were. works pretty slick actually. 

Yes, I know that and have built it there.

It's still 2 loading screens (one to it and one back) JUST to switch out / equip the chips, an extremely flow-destroying uneccessary thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Living World 1 is significant so the last 337 days can't be counted.

EoD was the only relevant content, surrounded by Returners Event before it and LS1 revival before and after it. Maybe it's not 337 days, but it's still over a year since we have seen any relevant content update that is not an Add On.

And the final Chapter of the Icebrood Saga was released on April 27th 2021. Ever since it's just old, rehashed / redesigned stuff and one single add on, without any further communication on what are the plans up ahead for GW2 except "Yeah, Alliances for WvW"....

I think that says it all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Yes, I know that and have built it there.

It's still 2 loading screens (one to it and one back) JUST to switch out / equip the chips, an extremely flow-destroying uneccessary thing.

and the only way to eliminate that would be to make it carriable by your char. And i dont think that will ever happen.   at least you're not traveling all the way to cantha, which i was under the impression was one of your complaints.   why would you travel to cantha if you have one at your disposal in the GH. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Cool. Thx.

But why not jade-Bot stations and Merchants and why not to the Eye of the North. My favoured Hub.

I'm not sure why someone put the confused emoji on here but I'm going to assume it's a bot replicating downvotes like reddit. 

My assumption as to why would either be:
1. An oversight.
2. It's because the outside map isn't really a map and given the restriction on height with mounts in here - they don't have a way to restrict jade bots the same way. 

Likely #2 but the fact that you can soar high enough in Divinity's Reach to see out of bounds of the map makes me question why this would be a relevant concern. There's always Arborstone for easy access but having it for the people that prefer Eye of the North as it's far more convenient with a portal to major cities and closer crafting stations I can understand the appeal. 

I also don't understand why they would add the terminals and not the OTHER terminal that lets you change out chips. I'm also wondering if there are now fishing vendors in capital cities/eye of the north? Just seems like a... "we need an update now - let's add jade bot terminals to capital cities" rushed response to the people getting antsy looking for any update they can find. 

I'm sure some people will love it. I don't even really understand the appeal behind them as photo bots in the first place. Don't they lock your character while using it? So you wouldn't be able to emote for a group photo or anything. The entirety of jade bots and that mastery line has never sat well with me but it's difficult going from gliding and mounts that both changed all game modes in drastic ways. (Except pvp obviously but even then we have the new Heart of the Mists.)

Why do we need 10 versions of the jade bot core? Or have to interact at specific terminals for changing modules when you can add the core via the hero panel? Why do we have a battery system when the max mastery means a full charge from using one zip line? The batteries, terminals, and buff terminals all make the maps look hideous imo. I would rather the jade bot just be a mini that you can interact with for the buff - (But then it people would always have the buff and I understand why that wouldn't be ideal.) 

It could be a cool feature if they reduced the complexity of it and added to the functionality - make it an interactable that lets you access trading post/bank/etc on a long cooldown or something. But as with most other expansion features like this it will likely be a one and done iteration. Maybe I'm wrong and they plan on expanding this going into the next expansion but I really hope they revise some of these masteries to be a bit less cumbersome. Research notes in general (while helping alleviate most crafting professions being useless for veteran players) are a real pain and the main reason I haven't pursued any of these new legendary variants - of course in addition to the absurd price to craft them in general. 

I do LIKE that they're creating these easily implementable things like the new legendaries that share the same theme - but I still think they should be significantly lower in cost. This went off-topic. 

Anyway - to the OP - yeah, I don't really get it but I don't think it was a tremendous amount of work adding the terminals to the maps. Kind of begs the question as to why they're doing it NOW a year after the expansion's release. I highly doubt they're selling that many jade bot skins given the cost. I mean we have a backpack for what.. 600 gems or slightly more with flying fish? But a skin for the jade bot is.. what.. 1400? Can you even turn off the jade bot without unequipping the core? I haven't even cared enough to notice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Do ppl really swap their jade bot stuff so often?

That's a great question.  I've switched mine once or twice in a year.  Really don't find it inconvenient to go to the guild hall to use the bench.  I would be interested to see if it relates to future living world or updates and adding terminals and benches to cities might prove more useful... somehow.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 2/1/2023 at 2:09 AM, TGMChrist.2678 said:

Well, flying around with the Jade Bot is fun for me.

So much this. And you can fly all over the place no matter how far as long as your bot don't leave the map. So cool.

And yah, who care about fishing? 👎

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2