What's new in 2023?

venator.8326

When I finished the latest expansion I stopped playing the game, once I have done the content I had no incentive to play because of the reward structure that is in the game.  So for me I only play the game for the new story content. In short anything interesting to come back to play the game?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

53 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

Probably something besides 2 unidentified blues that wind up as crafting mats in material storage. 

Interesting. You never get anything else from playing? What content are you playing? Are you looking just for random drop rewards? If so, fractals may tickle your fancy. You can get ascended stuff, cool skins, and gold to buy stuff pretty quickly in fractals. Regarding the unidentified blues, have you attempted to use those materials to craft something that would feel rewarding? Perhaps a cool legendary weapon? 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

31 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Interesting. You never get anything else from playing? What content are you playing? Are you looking just for random drop rewards? If so, fractals may tickle your fancy. You can get ascended stuff, cool skins, and gold to buy stuff pretty quickly in fractals. Regarding the unidentified blues, have you attempted to use those materials to craft something that would feel rewarding? Perhaps a cool legendary weapon? 

lol I have legendary armor so no need for ascended gear. Cool skins come from the gem store outside of living world releases. 

I appreciate your suggestions but I'm not new so it's easy to run out of things to get. Some infusions I would still like but most have a .0001% drop rate. 

Don't have any of the new elder dragon variants outside of the initial Aurene hammer but these are more expensive to make than the unique skin legendaries and research notes really aren't a fun grind. 

Most of the rewards in this game from chests and meta events are crafting mats or things to be salvaged to crafting mats. It's not really a big deal to me but you asked what the other person wanted from the game and for many like myself that have been playing for a very long time the majority of the rewards are essentially crafting mats that have little use outside of... maybe generating research notes? Gold converted to gems to buy gem store items is about as good as it gets. I'm just not in any hurry as there hasn't been anything in the store I've wanted in a long time. 

Thanks though!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

lol I have legendary armor so no need for ascended gear. Cool skins come from the gem store outside of living world releases. 

I appreciate your suggestions but I'm not new so it's easy to run out of things to get. Some infusions I would still like but most have a .0001% drop rate. 

Don't have any of the new elder dragon variants outside of the initial Aurene hammer but these are more expensive to make than the unique skin legendaries and research notes really aren't a fun grind. 

Most of the rewards in this game from chests and meta events are crafting mats or things to be salvaged to crafting mats. It's not really a big deal to me but you asked what the other person wanted from the game and for many like myself that have been playing for a very long time the majority of the rewards are essentially crafting mats that have little use outside of... maybe generating research notes? Gold converted to gems to buy gem store items is about as good as it gets. I'm just not in any hurry as there hasn't been anything in the store I've wanted in a long time. 

Thanks though!

Hmm 40k or more achievement points maybe? I've got 4000 hours clocked you probably have more but I've got way too much still to do lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 2/4/2023 at 9:38 AM, Bast.7253 said:

Thanks though!

Who grinds research notes. At your level of play you should be able to make them quickly and easily either through crafting or just buying the stuff you want on the tp and salvaging.  I can get thousands of research notes in fifteen minutes if I want. Not sure how that's a grind.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Who grinds research notes. At your level of play you should be able to make them quickly and easily either through crafting or just buying the stuff you want on the tp and salvaging.  I can get thousands of research notes in fifteen minutes if I want. Not sure how that's a grind.

It may be less of one now but initially it was pretty bad. This was before the crafting changes. Maybe that makes a difference but it doesn’t change the fact the aurene legendaries are, last I checked, way more expensive to make. I’d rather make ipos or something. 

Maybe I’ll check out the crafting option when I come back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

It may be less of one now but initially it was pretty bad. This was before the crafting changes. Maybe that makes a difference but it doesn’t change the fact the aurene legendaries are, last I checked, way more expensive to make. I’d rather make ipos or something. 

Maybe I’ll check out the crafting option when I come back. 

Binding of Ipos is currently more expensive than Aurene's Gaze by over 100 gold.

Edited by Vayne.8563

On 2/3/2023 at 8:19 AM, venator.8326 said:

When I finished the latest expansion I stopped playing the game, once I have done the content I had no incentive to play because of the reward structure that is in the game.  So for me I only play the game for the new story content. In short anything interesting to come back to play the game?

As far as I am aware, EoD is the only "new" story content released in the last 21.5 months.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:19 AM, venator.8326 said:

Nope.  Try again later.

5 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

A Legendary  version of festivals.

Instead of a fixed festival, u can choose from a "portal tome".

Festivals also become permanent.

I don’t even know what this means but I did have an idea the other day.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but a Valentine’s Day themed festival like maybe “Festival of Lys” or something could be nice to add to the rotation. 

I’m not sure what the events/activities could be for it though.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1