Why did Anet wait a full year to make New Kaining JP account wide?

Honestly it makes no sense to me. Alot of people had loads of alts there getting the rewards daily. Now they suddenly change it.
I don't have alts there but i honestly feel shafted. Now i don't have stacks and stacks of the item that will  potentially cost alot of silver/gold now.

Why did Anet make this change? Why not just make a new item so that 1 item's price does drastically change out of the blue. It just seems silly to me

Don't get me wrong, I'm not too sad because i can make gold just fine, It's just that now i feel like i'll have to farm Gold ALOT more hours just to afford these kitten runestones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 7

Feels bad, I bought 8 slots specifically for this farm. I even saw big brother anet up watching the ppl loot the chest about 2 weeks ago and asked if they planned to change it. Of course they said "nope just up looting the chest." Right....... Oh well I guess I'll find other things to do with the alts.

Edited by Mincsk.6028
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Are you also envious of the material prices having bottomed out? Should we go back to 2.2 gold per mystic coin and 40% more expensive legendaries?

What about players who were selling the materials in question, should all of them get refunded for "selling to cheap in the past"?

The game and its economy are constantly in flux. You are upset about a change which temporarily upsets the prices in a way which might not favor you right now, while completely ignoring all the past changes you have been benefiting off of.

Good news for you, without any unforeseeable changes, prices for gen3s will once again start dropping in the near future and without anything to spike them in the short term, that is where they are headed.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

Just now, Cyninja.2954 said:

Are you also envious of the material prices having bottomed out? Should we go back to 2.2 gold per mystic coin and 40% more expensive legendaries?

What about players who were selling the materials in question, should all of them get refunded for "selling to cheap in the past"?

The game and its economy are constantly in flux. You are upset about a change which temporarily upsets the prices in a way which might not favor you, while completely ignoring all the past changes you have been benefiting off of.

You're right. But it feels bad and this is a game based on a business model of being fun. Fun does not feel bad imo. When games feel bad players don't play.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Mincsk.6028 said:

You're right. But it feels bad and this is a game based on a business model of being fun. Fun does not feel bad imo. When games feel bad players don't play.

Well good news then, having select materials for legendaries be worth more is overall a net benefit to a majority of the player base, given many are not interested or actively working on those legendaries.

The only people upset here right now are the ones which get worked up over temporary details which in the long run are irrelevant. This has nothing to do with fun. Fun is having a working and proper economy as backbone for this game and that requires occasional adjustments. It certainly wasn't "fun" to have players log through X characters per day to get some pixels of value more.

This spike right now leads to many players being able to "cash in" on whales and players with enough gold rushing to get their rewards, while in the long run prices will drop again for anyone with a long term plan to be able to reinvest their earnings if they so desire.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

I wonder if they deliberately delayed it, or if it took until now for someone who makes these decisions to work out it was a problem?

For example if it is because of the price of jade runestones maybe they kept looking at other sources or all sources in aggregate and trying to work out why so many of them were coming into the game, or maybe they thought the demand was too low and that's why they're relatively cheap?

I don't know what their process actually is for things like this, but I know there's been situations in my job where someone spends ages trying to fix something, then asks someone else to run a report or even look at the data they were already using and suddenly the root of the problem is obvious.

1 hour ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Just anet trying to ramp up those EoD sales again. Hoping people will buy more accounts to park there!
I'm just kidding of course but it does make one wonder. 

Jokes on them, I've had my 9 other accounts parked there for quite a while. I think I have 1,500 Runestones sitting in my bank.

Personally, I went from "If I put in some work I can maybe make a variant every month" to "I'll just play something else". The amount of grinding required for those legendary weapons and their variants were already but exaggerated, but jade runestones always felt the worst; until I found out about the JP chest I just assumed I wouldn't even finish the free precursor I got. Now that I'm looking at 1 a day I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I'll come close to finishing even one weapon's variants. It's not that I don't understand the change, but they could have done better, like offering more opportunities elsewhere to collect more in the same patch, specially with how bad the rewards are in the EoD maps. It's a really stagnant resource for something that would take almost 21,000 IF you wanted to build everything; for the less invested even 100 for a legendary and then 200 if they wanted a specific variant is now really expensive. Considering how long it would take to finish these collections off, I'm very curious what they could add to incentivize playing future expansions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If you check the supply, https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/96722-Jade-Runestone the problem "only" started ~7months ago

5 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I had 3 alts, now i can free two of them forever!

Do you already have characters at other chests?

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Well good news then, having select materials for legendaries be worth more is overall a net benefit to a majority of the player base, given many are not interested or actively working on those legendaries.

The only people upset here right now are the ones which get worked up over temporary details which in the long run are irrelevant. This has nothing to do with fun. Fun is having a working and proper economy as backbone for this game and that requires occasional adjustments. It certainly wasn't "fun" to have players log through X characters per day to get some pixels of value more.

This spike right now leads to many players being able to "cash in" on whales and players with enough gold rushing to get their rewards, while in the long run prices will drop again for anyone with a long term plan to be able to reinvest their earnings if they so desire.

Even if you ignore the temporary part, Memories of Aurene which are also required have dropped in price.

1 hour ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Would be nice if Rune Stones dropped more commonly from other sources. I've gotten an occasional drop from the Fox Chests and from events. All I know is that Rune Stones will become the next Mystic Coin for gold launderers. 

That is a bad comparison. There are a lot more sources of these than mystic coins.

Only counting the easy accessible ones.

1 from JP still

2 from chests in Echovald (lets just pretend a single elite somehow makes the other ones inaccessible)

1 as a choice from kaineng meta

1 as a choice from echovald meta

chance of dropping from random chests around EoD maps

chance of dropping from jade tech chests

meanwhile mystic coins

1 from LLA

0.7 from login

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

For example if it is because of the price of jade runestones maybe they kept looking at other sources or all sources in aggregate and trying to work out why so many of them were coming into the game, or maybe they thought the demand was too low and that's why they're relatively cheap?

They've been oversupplied since around October but the build up started around August.

While people are complaining about the price of Jade Runestone nobody seems to be appreciating the drop in price for Memory of Aurene.

5 minutes ago, Essence Snow.3194 said:

Is this for all JPs? I had 6 toons at this one for my own stock, but I have 2 other paid accounts parked at SS (which has better returns). If it is all JP then the reason I bought the other accounts has been removed, which isn't cool.

still work on season 3 map.

what do you mean with ss?

And when I read this it sounded like the jade stone was 1 time per account not the whole kitten chest.

Edited by Linken.6345

43 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

still work on season 3 map.

what do you mean with ss?

And when I read this it sounded like the jade stone was 1 time per account not the whole kitten chest.

Yep, my source of unusual coins has also been nerfed as a result of it being the whole chest 😞

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well if the plan  is every maps to be completed once per day (hopefully 2 // 12 hour cd) for the rewards (like doing 8 daily dungeons + no 2 hour timers) , we could put some stones + other goodies in the metas .

The other part is choosing 3-4 crucial  2-hour-metas , that can enhance the  rewards of 1-2 per day events or "refresh" their cd

Edit or putting 2x events at the 14:00 +15:00 , 2x more at 16:00 + 17:00 and between all these expanions meta >> space for some  fast Core ones

Edit: The 1-2 per day events will join the 2-hour , down the road and we cramp them together by reducing the time needed to complete them (people should deal more damage as the game progresses either one way , or the other)

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2