Tired of being one-shot

Sparetent.9756

11 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

Am I understanding this correctly: you can get hit by attacks that you can't see because they were culled?

This is why WvW players lower their graphics settings.  All combat calculations are done on the server-side and it doesn't matter when your client does.

For the longest time at launch you couldn't even see players coming out of stealth because the game imposed culling on them.  Finally that was fixed, but that isn't to say there aren't skills that have effects getting culled today.

This is why WvW players also say to stay out of any red rings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Effect LOD" removes quite a few animations. Ironically the more animations are shown, the less you can typically see when 50+ players spam their stuff on top of each other, so you can either have all animations displayed and can't see anything through all the clutter or have invisible animations and potentially die to those. Similar applies to enemy model limits. The game isn't really designed for that kind of fight.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

For the longest time at launch you couldn't even see players coming out of stealth because the game imposed culling on them.  Finally that was fixed, but that isn't to say there aren't skills that have effects getting culled today.

Had nothing to do with stealth, you often couldnt see an entire zerg period until they where right on top of you and even in melee combat half of the zerg didnt show, just the nametags. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Culling happens. It was a big issue with Drop the Hammer. You can see in the video lots of damage packets hitting but not a lot of attached effects.

Culling was a huge problem year one.  You could literally have 2 zergs standing on top of each other and their clients couldn't see each other.  Lately, I have been wondering if culling was turned back on.  Because I am getting in lots of fights, even solo fights, where I am getting hit for a good 5 seconds (not from a stealthed player or attack) where there is no enemy and nothing to fight back against.  And then, there is a player, usually after I am downed.

Routinely getting dismounted by another mounted player who just doesn't exist.  Even after being dismounted, no one around, not stuck in combat.  I just mount up and ride off, but weird it keeps happening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

24K+ one shot

Guild Wars 2 "Balance" Is A Disgrace For A 10 Years Old Game!!

I love the flashy effects and editing. They make it so bad players have a harder time to understand what is happening.

Turns out:

- being out of position

- with 0 defensive boons

- against a 1 shot warrior with full offensive boons (anyone catch those 25 stacks of might and fury after using the signets?). The warrior even pre-tapped to get into combat and stay in combat to pull off his combo.

can hurt a lot. Makes little difference in the long run given the enemy was pushing out anyway but let's all base our balance decisions around rank 30-40 WvW players (that's what Soldier Rank is at).

FYI: if you are a long-term WvW player who plays on this level, you know exactly how "skilled" you are or rather everyone else watching this does.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I love the flashy effects and editing. They make it so bad players have a harder time to understand what is happening.

Turns out:

- being out of position

- with 0 defensive boons

- against a 1 shot warrior with full offensive boons (anyone catch those 25 stacks of might and fury after using the signets?)

can hurt a lot. Makes little difference in the long run given the enemy was pushing out anyway but let's all base our balance decisions around rank 30-40 WvW players (that's what Soldier Rank is at).

FYI: if you are a long-term WvW player who plays on this level, you know exactly how "skilled" you are or rather everyone else watching this does.

Cyninja, once again, you are quick to defend Anet balance and faulting/blaming the player/s who is negatively affected by Anet balance?

Seriously, it is always the other player/s fault in every event. If this is always the case, why do Anet have forums where players and the community to address their concerns or problems that they encounter and are encountering?

Seriously, are you here on the forums to always do what is right-according to your beliefs; to criticize and mock anyone including me, who is not right to you?

Is this is what you want to hear; that you are always right and i and everyone else is always wrong?

Than you would throw me to the crowd/the community to intimidate me.

Well I have something to say to you, I am more courageous than you believe. Each time you throw me to the crowd, it only make me stronger.

-have a pleasant day-

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Cyninja, once again, you are quick to defend Anet balance and faulting/blaming the player/s who is negatively affected by Anet balance?

Because they're not ONLY negatively affected by the balance.  It's a combination of their own low skill/preparation level/positioning.  This isn't an example of anything truly singular about balance.

If they had defensive boons up, if their attention was on the warrior up on the wall rather than the crowd that was on the ground running at them, there's no way for the warrior to have gotten off a 24k shot.  And for all we know, the guy's gear is something squishy.

A lot of these one-shot builds are some sort of one-trick pony/gimmick.  If you know what they do, how they do it, and are prepared for it, you can usually hard-counter it.  You'd think that if they were so great, players would be flocking en-masse to Maguuma's EBG to kill Mag players.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm not defending Anet's balance. They have made a ton of mistakes.

I am calling into question the low quality troll posts of inept players calling about balance issues which are none.

If you want to use footage of VERY clearly inexperienced players being overwhelmed by this games mechanics, be my guest. I will call you out on it, unless you simply want to entertain. In which case: good fun.

Seriously, it is always the other player/s fault in every event. If this is always the case, why do Anet have forums where players and the community to address their concerns or problems that they encounter and are encountering?

No it's not, there are cases where things are really unbalanced or issues which are out of player control and those are worth discussing. These troll attempts are not.

Unfortunately most of the videos and recent "cases" brought forward by some players ARE rooted in player ineptitude and the nice thing is that it is clear to see for everyone.

Similar to all the whining about getting "pulled" off of walls. If a player can't deal or play around getting pulled off of walls after YEARS, I call into question that players skill (be it in regard to understanding this games mechanics or his ability to execute the necessary skills in time).

The reality is, an experienced player who IS mindful of what he is fighting, is mindful of where and how the enemy might move and is knowledgeable of this games mechanics (of which boons are an integral part) will rarely be caught out in such situations often BECAUSE they are not as game breaking as portrayed. These videos are literally snap shots of "gotcha noob" moments and most content creators also label them as such.

Seriously, are you here on the forums to always do what is right-according to your beliefs; to criticize and mock anyone including me, who is not right to you?

Is this is what you want to hear; that you are always right and i and everyone else is always wrong?

I'm not the one using footage of low quality to somehow prove a point. I've already mentioned my opinion here: if any experienced player is challenged in such situations similar to a WvW novice, they have not advanced beyond that state of skill in weeks/months/years.

If a novice player encounters this issue, he is encouraged to learn and improve.

Than you would throw me to the crowd/the community to intimidate me.

Well I have something to say to you, I am more courageous than you believe. Each time you throw me to the crowd, it only make me stronger.

-have a pleasant day-

Hmmm yes, this is all about you. /s

It has nothing to do with the hilariously bad examples and obvious trolling in regards to click bait videos of low rank inexperienced players used as "proof" which you enjoy bringing up.

The only thing I am concerned in regards to you is your obvious lack of skill after what seems years of playing this game if you are relating to this level of game play, but that is a you issue and I couldn't care less. You do you.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

24K+ one shot

A probably inexperienced, unaware and distracted player got hit by a glassy burst build, didn't react in any way and died. What's new or wrong with that?

Edited by Silinsar.6298
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

24K+ one shot

I counted 6 at least ability triggers plus out of position issues. Please share where it was one? That's without the glass aspects, again. We don't want balancing on glass on glass. It just makes boon balls stronger. -1 on here.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:06 PM, Sparetent.9756 said:

My HP: 19,902

Mesmer deals 26,131 damage instantly, in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insa-gib.

OP Mesmer

Warrior deals 29,515 damage in under 1 second. No chance to react or dodge. Just insta-gib.

OP Warrior

Yes my Rapid Fire ability takes at least 2.5seconds to cast, and can easily be dodge, blocked, reflected etc. Honestly bored of seeing every other class in the game get insane ranged damage that is dealt instantly, while Ranger is left behind. One would expect that since "RANGE'" makes up 90% of the name "Ranger", the class would be ranged, but it's not. 😕

Yup, that's just par for the course for gw2. gw2's combat is like this, where you have skills with barely any or no tells insta-gibbing peoples' HP to 0.

From the warrior perspective, I'm guessing you've encountered either a rifle warrior or rifle berzerker, an infamous meme build known for its Gunflame skill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

I think that you actually should hear when mesmer try to kill you (i don't hear because i listen music). At least some players dodge like all one shot trys even if mesmer use blink. Of course could be that they are hacking. 

Yes and whenever I hear the growl of something that sounds like a large predatory cat I always go "what was that? Must have been an owl or something, no plqyer would ever attack me here, in the open, while I'm looking at the intricate design of this wall. WAIT SOMEONE HIT ME, HACKER!!!!!".

I was playing Guild Wars; I happen to come across this mysterious video. The Momentum of what a Legendary Game that would unfold upon release is beyond words. 

(+Toxic One Shot is not accepted, present nor warranted in its design)

Edited by Burnfall.9573

On 4/8/2023 at 5:25 AM, CafPow.1542 said:

i also get into fights where i barely have a chance. Not that i get oneshottet, it's more like they melt my face in seconds while i barely scratch their barrier.

but i just assume it's a me-issue instead of salting around in an online forum.

It's actually a fair point to complain about because fights going down to whether a single hit connects or not can be boring especially with lag and stuff. There's also some legit nonsense because Anet sometimes forgets to nerf things and they keep pve coefficients or some crap.

Here we have people dying to  multiple hits, not really one shot, and the problem is their HP seems to be decreasing despite advice to the contrary as if an excuse to make more posts. As well as never being able to retaliate despite being hit multiple times either.

Now in the past those one shots may have been real but it's a bit harder to achieve since the power nerfs. In the past, I would have said you needed min 20+k hp to not get one shot depending on armor but it's a bit lower now. Depends on what you want.

Or play cele or something.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

12 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It's actually a fair point to complain about because fights going down to whether a single hit connects or not can be boring especially with lag and stuff. There's also some legit nonsense because Anet sometimes forgets to nerf things and they keep pve coefficients or some crap.

Here we have people dying to  multiple hits, not really one shot, and the problem is their HP seems to be decreasing despite advice to the contrary as if an excuse to make more posts. As well as never being able to retaliate despite being hit multiple times either.

Now in the past those one shots may have been real but it's a bit harder to achieve since the power nerfs. In the past, I would have said you needed min 20+k hp to not get one shot depending on armor but it's a bit lower now. Depends on what you want.

Or play cele or something.

sure sure. But i'm bad enough that i don't have my issues with those details. Same is when zerging, lately i just suck. I even don't get my breach off and get CCd into oblivion, then i'm already dead. i use burning trail to get some stab but that doesn't seem to help.

there are 2 main issues:

1) the enemy is just playing better than i am (or "we are", in a zerg)

2) we / i just play worse than them

the best thing to do is to improve. i know i need to learn to use the terrain better. I know i need to learn to follow the commander better, etc. this is way more to gain for someone like me than complaining about dev's work.

/edit:

i just feel like, in a Forum, everyone is always "a top player" and can "easily take on 1v5s" cause he's so awesome. well, i am not afraid to say i'm not. ^^

and i guess, i'm not the only one in reality.

Edited by CafPow.1542

1 hour ago, CafPow.1542 said:

i just feel like, in a Forum, everyone is always "a top player" and can "easily take on 1v5s" cause he's so awesome. well, i am not afraid to say i'm not. ^^

and i guess, i'm not the only one in reality.

At least you admit your shortcomings.

It is very true that there are many that will talk about how they are good players and people that disagree with them are wrong, even though they are mostly floor PoV. I wonder if they die because they're posting on the forums; while I post a lot it's rare I'll be posting when I'm playing xD

If you're getting CC'd before you can react, this means you most underestimate their attack range. You just got to recognize when they're going to push and bomb and giving yourself more clerance is ideal. But to be fair some commanders don't do that or trust their supports to heal them. You often won't have this luxury.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

19 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

At least you admit your shortcomings.

sure. i mean i think of myself as a ... decent player with potential. But i need to get "into it" and i mostly play pve, so this just means i need to learn. But i will never be supertop, i may have a few good moments every now and then but that's it. It's okay tho, i'm just not being salty and most of the time, i know that "if i had did this and that, maybe i would have had a chance".

sometimes i don't, then i just shrug it off. Some classes may be OP, and some classes i just don't get what they do, so that's a me-problem right.

21 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

If you're getting CC'd before you can react, this means you most underestimate their attack range. You just got to recognize when they're going to push and bomb and giving yourself more clerance is ideal. But to be fair some commanders don't do that or trust their supports to heal them. You often won't have this luxury.

i am in Teamspeak 99% of the Time when i'm running zergs and i strictly follow my commander (as good as possible).

i place a personal mark on the support in my group and try to follow him primarly, in an ideal world, my supp and my comm are at the same position.

now it goes like this:

commander: "we stack might, empower... stability, wie go in 3...2...1... go... through them, double dodge, place all the AoE in us, go go go..."

and i stick with the commi but i just get CCd after 2 steps, i can't follow him, i get CCd more. I try to place a well or breach, i get CCd, then i'm dead.

dunno what to do, and i don't wanna blame my support. Maybe, the enemie hast just more boon corrupt than we have, or they are quicker, or better, or everything. It is how it is... i also have good fights so i guess, i just have to take it.

• Like 1