Celestial Gear needs to go, these builds are unfun and boring to fight against as well as to play.

Ketharius.9018

On 4/10/2023 at 12:19 AM, blp.3489 said:

Btw, just how long are these long fights anyway?

if both players are close on skill they can go above 1 minute...

btw i was watching one streamer recently where power ranger and power vindicator went at it for over 10 minutes...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, hugeboss.5432 said:

I think I know what's going on here. When someone uses the "celestial soup" food, that doesn't mean they are using celestial gear (I get these whispers from time to time). It's just because the food covers the essentials, and u can't really notice much difference in wvw, so I load this food on all my toons (i make a lot of experimental builds).

more often than not i run around with random food i found on the ground (yes...) and more often than not it's the -10% damage + 45 to all stats that people throw for zergs so i just get a piece when i find one...

17 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

if both players are close on skill they can go above 1 minute...

btw i was watching one streamer recently where power ranger and power vindicator went at it for over 10 minutes...

Power vindi can go at many fights for 10 minutes while saying, "Do you even lift, bro?" I seen a player stand outside enemy's SMC just daring unsuspecting stupid people to attack him/her. 

HP dips into the 90s briefly and it's 100% again before you know it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Cele players are like turtles🐢

What happens when Cele players fight 🐢 vs 🐢 is that they just slap each other dealing no damage for 5 minutes until both get tired and call it a draw

When cele player fights something else, like predator for example 🐢 vs 🐺, the celestial player retreats in his shell and waits until predator dies from hunger (boons, cleanse & sustain)..

Turtles are cute and not threatening at all if you ignore them, but we only have limited amount of enemies available.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

It would be nice if we could arrange a matchup between someone playing an allegedly OP cele build and someone like Vallun so we can see if the build is truly OP or just requires skill to fight.

Sure, find someone of equal skill and I'll watch too. Else all you've proven is that when fighting cele you must compensate the difference in gear with skill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/19/2023 at 11:50 AM, Riba.3271 said:

Cele players are like turtles🐢

What happens when Cele players fight 🐢 vs 🐢 is that they just slap each other dealing no damage for 5 minutes until both get tired and call it a draw

When cele player fights something else, like predator for example 🐢 vs 🐺, the celestial player retreats in his shell and waits until predator dies from hunger (boons, cleanse & sustain)..

Turtles are cute and not threatening at all if you ignore them, but we only have limited amount of enemies available.

Kawaii analogy, now I see all cele players as cute, cuddly things! You want me to murder turtles and bunnies 🥶

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No effort as in you still took the target down though you used more numbers and zerged it. Point is it distracted you from getting back to that zerg you were running with?

Invalidating because you should have 1 shot it and didn't. Interesting so the game should be about who has the fast internet connection to the server?

So when your one shot or rotation failed and you were prepared for them to shot back you fell since you were a paper tiger looking to jump other paper tigers you needed to come say I created a build that needed a pile of people to work and my zerg wasn't around.

Wow. Yup while on my full condi builds all that extra power/prec sure helped. While on my power builds all that extra condi/expertise helped them. So are you running Cele on all your builds? sPvP already fell to the propaganda, head there.

Sure, have a bridge you want sell?

As in they have been adding more hybrid elites builds over time and now Cele has more of a role and people are not liking that its not just the power versus cele back and forth. Sorry you have to deal with more diversity in the game play. esports ======> that way.

Full groups? This sounds like a Monty Python skit. Are they calling you silly English Kiiiinigggitts?

So 6 of you jumped one player and it took a while for you to zerg them down so its off to the forums you go. -1 here for removing build diversity.

to be honest u seem quite salty, Celestial is a kitten stat set and shouldnt be a part of this game, and if it should it needs to get all its stuff halved.

Celestial dmg is way to high celestial condi dmg is a way to high also.
in reality ur condi + normal hits are more or less equal to one who went full condi dmg or full power dmg.
so whats the point to do either of above when u can go full cele and not be a glass cannon and simply abuse the fact that ur a tanky character whos slowly killing off most players while just standing still staring at your screen.

dont need to sell me bullcrap that its not like this because i have Celestial geared chars and when i fight most classes unleash a burst on me and i simply eat it pop a health and chase em till next burst which they cant really complete cus of constant shite preasure i apply to them while im not dieing at all..

if u seriously think cele should be a part of the game then u should know its stats need to be toned down alot.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 4/10/2023 at 11:01 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABcih/lVwmYhsH2JW+O5vvSEcFA-w

Full cele. Trapper runes, Cleansing, torment and energy sigils. Don't get me wrong, cele harb is still a tough matchup and a good one should win imo. But most die to chain cc and condi spam after their stunbreaks and elite are on cd.

that doesnt kill a harb, maybe the so called "amazing" cele harbs but one who doesnt have to relay on OP armor set will blow you over

i mean melee ranger or little range from axe in WvW ur purely killing either morons who follow u to narrow spaces or people who just dont know what their skills do. Plain open field a Harb who has a clue and uses a proper build will eat you alive.

a Sic em soulbeast would do far better then you would on this shite build.

• Like 3

If you are playing on EU i'm up for a demonstration on how you "blow me over without having to rely on OP armor" with your harb.

Or did you try that build yourself and it didn't work very well for you? Well, the build doesn't play itself ...

(Also as i already said, a good cele harb should win imo, but the majority i run into doesn't. Non cele harb that dies to sic'em pew pew is nothing i'm worried about tho)

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

If you are playing on EU i'm up for a demonstration on how you "blow me over without having to rely on OP armor" with your harb.

Or did you try that build yourself and it didn't work very well for you? Well, the build doesn't play itself ...

(Also as i already said, a good cele harb should win imo, but the majority i run into doesn't. Non cele harb that dies to sic'em pew pew is nothing i'm worried about tho)

Cele harb is actually fun to play. I do, at times, have problems with Willbenders - at least the good ones who are fast. Faced some better Harbs than me as well. So, no Cele is a build choice and doesn't need to be nerfed. It works for specific play styles,.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, reddie.5861 said:

to be honest u seem quite salty

Got it in one. Gratz! 🙂 I am salty every time a player asks that other things get nerfed without providing details. How do you propose we made it to the Feb Nerf patch? We have seen the same with other builds/gearseta over the decade, Google is your friend since we have switched forums over time. People witch hunting without details and information. Sorry, but you also failed that test in information. Hence why I will counter question people when they ask for blanket nerfs and make far reaching statements. And no, I don't run all Cele. So again, did you put fourth details in the sub-class forums about builds you run that are OP so they can tune the skills and traits? The number of times I have gotten angry whispers where people assume a build I run and wasn't told me enough about how the lack of inspect makes people belief in their own theories and makes me question when people assume they know what they faced in a fight. When you lose a fight, before you pull the nerf 'x' card, test and see what is what. We do need tuning, but if your answer is gear set, most of the major ones have come under fire overtime and have defended them as well. So yeah, if that seems salty, let me make you some popcorn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

with Celestial Gear

lol, Burn. Its 3 AM, let me catch this tomorrow and will give you feedback my friend. Good hunting and rest well when you seek it. And since its going to be reset, may you find many bags in your travels and hunts! 🙂

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:07 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Oh really? I tried celestial Soulbeast vs some of the popular Harbinger builds and I didn't last very long. What build do you use?

Cele soulbeast is a big counter to cele harb. I run cele sb with anti toxin runes, axe/ warhorn and gs (energy+cleansing) just for cele harb. I haven't lost once to a cele harb with that build and all I do is roam in deso (no blob vs blob). I run the wilderness knowledge trait and have troll's heal, sharpening stones, vulture, dolyak and wolf stance. Ez win, and 25 might stacks, fury and protection is easy to get and maintain, can run the saffron bread that gives -20 condi duraton and -20 dmg when cced (bar float cc) if you want overkill. You can't tell me the build doesn't work, I have a tonne of experience with 1v1+ as a ranger, I know my ranger inside out.

Edited by asterix.9614

12 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

with Celestial Gear

Well at least the ultimate beginner build is demonstrated to perform well against beginners so it has that going for it.

In actual competetive fighting against as good or better players the scrapper will probably roflstomp it because the mechanist has nowhere near the sustain when doing the good ol' toss grenades over your shoulder while having near perma superspeed.

The mech itself is really worthless on the whole in WvW.

• Like 4

On 4/9/2023 at 7:09 PM, andrewlcl.8176 said:

Take away cele, and we will have the trailblazer/minstrel meta. Take those away and we will have the foo-zerka one-shot/Dire meta.

Almost like the developers have neglected their game for so long there's a long laundry list of things they need to fix.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:55 PM, Riba.3271 said:

So we need a solution that doesn't ruin PvE balance as WvW players are like stepsons that comes after the real ones: PvE casuals. I would say tune down concentration and expertise stats in WvW to around 60% effectiveness. Not sure why we need permaprotection and 10s+ condition applications anyways.

SPvP gearing system in WvW.

It's long overdue.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

SPvP gearing system in WvW.

It's long overdue.

sPvP system is pretty bad too as it has become overly limiting due to being hindered by its simplicity.

Ideally to keep build diversity, you should be able to choose 3 different stats and adjust the portion of how much of them you want. Then within the system you could place limitation to celestial/minstrel stats to be capped at 30 or 40% of total stats..

Or they could just save the effort and nerf Concentration/Expertise stats in WvW as these permaboons and conditions are disliked by most

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 4/21/2023 at 9:04 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Got it in one. Gratz! 🙂 I am salty every time a player asks that other things get nerfed without providing details. How do you propose we made it to the Feb Nerf patch? We have seen the same with other builds/gearseta over the decade, Google is your friend since we have switched forums over time. People witch hunting without details and information. Sorry, but you also failed that test in information. Hence why I will counter question people when they ask for blanket nerfs and make far reaching statements. And no, I don't run all Cele. So again, did you put fourth details in the sub-class forums about builds you run that are OP so they can tune the skills and traits? The number of times I have gotten angry whispers where people assume a build I run and wasn't told me enough about how the lack of inspect makes people belief in their own theories and makes me question when people assume they know what they faced in a fight. When you lose a fight, before you pull the nerf 'x' card, test and see what is what. We do need tuning, but if your answer is gear set, most of the major ones have come under fire overtime and have defended them as well. So yeah, if that seems salty, let me make you some popcorn.

i dont really lose a fight when im on my cele geared player, either i win without having to sweat or the fight takes a eternity where one of us simply runs away, or none of us will run and u waste a ton of time for a lucky interupt or whatever where u can try to finish it off.

now if i would switch to full dmg i lose far more often and i gain a little to no dmg compare to cele because cele adds the extra dmg from condi's  making it more or less equal to my pure dmg build.
condi would lose out on extra dps from raw power.

now in my eyes obviously cele is with extra power that condi misses and extra condi that power build is missing equal to either of the 2 builds but now it comes. so vs condi or power cele gains nothing nor loses anything but then we add up all the other extra stats cele gains it becomes to overpowered. Healing power is one of them it might not be much but its enough on most cele classes to sustain a kitten load.

• Confused 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:13 PM, reddie.5861 said:

if u seriously think cele should be a part of the game then u should know its stats need to be toned down alot.

I think there's only one stat that is problematic and that's concentration. But instead of taking the stat off, there should be something done to concentration itself. Currently, it's not really a trade off because you don't need much concentration to have 100% upkeep time for many boons. 

Make boons require 100% boost from concentration to be kept up 100% of the time and then suddenly the concentration stat isn't as powerful anymore. And I say this because there are other 4 stat sets that also should have a trade off. So it's not about the value of the stat itself but on how much concentration you need for boons to be kept up. You need like a 50% concentration buff to upkeep quickness 100% of the time for FB. Make that 100% and then you'll see how popular cele is after that.

It's not the concentration stat on cele that makes it OP but how concentration works and doesn't need to be maxed to be 100% effective, that needs to be changed...imo of course.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 2:36 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I stopped sPvPing and said no more, I stopped buying gems weekly from them and said, you are going the wrong way. I spoke with my wallet and told them no. I do the same in WvW. 🙂

They will never know why you stopped.  They'll most likely see any decline in income as a signal to rush more badly written story and p2w elite specs.

To begin with attributes were a grind idea born out of Anet fantasy of being Blizzard by making discount WoW.  You also get 15% disadvantage having exotic against ascended.  I would make specs determine character strengths, not how many years I spent practising celibacy and unemployment.  This is why I only make cele armor and trinkets and transfer them to whatever toon I want to use at a given time.  It's easier to focus ascended weapon attributes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lorendyl Azoradaelas.5203 said:

This is why I only make cele armor and trinkets and transfer them to whatever toon I want to use at a given time.  It's easier to focus ascended weapon attributes.

Aye, easier to make Ascended Cele trinkets to transfer across builds/toons, and just specialize with weapons/armor.
Still firmly believe the proper way of nerfing cele is to simply blast its Concentration stat, but prefer it completely untouched in PvE.

Edited by MercurialKuroSludge.8974
  • Like 2