Guild Wars 2 Studio Update: Spring 2023

Seeing how they wrote "Note: this option only applies to allied players, so you won’t be surprised by any invisible attacks from enemy players(...)!", my guess is that it only affects skill/combat particles.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Ha! I'm honoured! Just think of the relief you will feel when I stop moaning about it 😉

3 hours ago, Elrey.5472 said:

When we ALL stop. Because that is probably the number 1 request of everyone since game release.

I was gonna say! 😅

• Confused 4

Well, I am hoping that the combat shift focus means that old weapons that are barely used will get worked on and fixed to actually be usable in instanced content. Because if they finally rework P/P Thief again to be actually good dps numbers wise by adding complexity to it. I would be ecstatic.

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please don't let the reworked core reward system be a Seasonpass! I hate these so much! They are never fun and force you into playing stuff you don't want or playing at all to fill the bar. Fomo is also a big talking point when it comes to Seasonpasses. Never a good thing. GW2 is about picking what you want to do with your playtime. Be it PvE, PvP or WvW there are so many things to do. Being forced into activities you don't like would greatly diminish my enjoyment of the game. I am happy that this BS is not in the game right now and I hope it stays that way! 

• Confused 3

51 minutes ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

So no new elite specs, then give classes more weapon choices, like elementalists with mace/mace or axe/axe or longbow...

I kind of foresee all weapons a profession can currently access through their core and elite specs being made available to the profession regardless of which elite spec you have selected, as long as you have unlocked the respective elite spec (e.g., a Guardian can use a Longbow even when they are not currently on the Dragonhunter spec).

16 minutes ago, Jajo.1428 said:

Please don't make traversing old EoD maps suddenly a chore...

You mean more than it already has been, what, with the crazy aggro ranges and super short respawn times? 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Not gonna lie, I thought of you when I first read that section. 😄 

I'm excited about the patch, but this section is also my favourite by far, finally we will be able to "see" bosses in encounters 😄

1 hour ago, Ragnarox.9601 said:

So no new elite specs, then give classes more weapon choices, like elementalists with mace/mace or axe/axe or longbow...

Warrior - Polearms

Guardian- Dual Spears

Revenant - Greataxe

Ranger- Rifle

Thief- Greatsword

Engineer- Staff

Mesmer - Shortbow

Necromancer - Sword and Shield

Elementalist - Dual Pistols

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Looks like expansions will definitely be yearly:  expansion’s year-long cycle is complete

Disappointing to hear this change (from quarterly):  new content updates every three to four months following an expansion release

Well they did not say quarterly expansions so I think they still are on the same cadence with yearly expansions then add a map/fractal 1 quarter and  strikes the other 2 quarters making it just in time for the next expansion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Looks like expansions will definitely be yearly:  expansion’s year-long cycle is complete

Disappointing to hear this change (from quarterly):  new content updates every three to four months following an expansion release

I'm confused. This is what they said previously?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I'm hoping that new elite specs do show up in the future, as some classes might benefit from them (Having a warrior elite focused around support and healing, for example) or new playstyles would be awesome. But honestly, I think that's something that should be at most once every three expacs. 

More than that, I'd love to see more legendary weapons come in!
Hopefully, especially, some raids!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I'm confused. This is what they said previously?

They said previously:  smaller expansions more frequently at a slightly reduced price and adding additional content for those expansions through quarterly updates

There was speculation/confusion on exactly how often expansion would be offered.  Quarterly means every 3 months; not sometimes (or always) 4 months between (that would be just 3 updates per year). 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Confused 2

Well hopefully I’ll be able to complete my hellfire set after the achievement point rework. Still missing a few k for the final pieces.

And opening up elite spec weapons for other elite specs and core will add a lot of build diversity. Still hoping for some new weapon access without elite specs across the board though. 

• Confused 3

The preview sketches for the new enemy types have a very destroyer feel to them.  Which is unfortunate due to Primordus being vaporized.  It was one of the few things I wished we got in Season 5 (Destroyer variety).  Anyhow hope whoever the new antagonist is they will be compelling compared to most of the ED's.

• Like 2