Elementalist is absolutely BROKEN rn, we need this patched asap pls...

solemn.9670

On 5/5/2023 at 11:17 AM, Jski.6180 said:

Ideally you would let say Pile Driver (all charge up root single shot skills) hit for at least kill shot dmg maybe not gun flame.

I nominate Jski for lead balance dev.

🍿

Edit: It's now 2 votes for, 2 vote against -->

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:00 AM, MysteryDude.1572 said:

Wtf is wrong with zerg  staff catalyst?? Compared to weaver it feels underpowered af . Like lava fonts not criting , storm glyf significantly less dmg , like 4 k power it feels like im gently brushing enemies . 

Staff catalyst has 2 builds:

1.  Very difficult one: Middle-Middle-Middle traits that  requires you to have 10 stacks of elemental empowerment during meteor showers, else you wont deal much damage. You do this by blasting fields for auras, ccing enemies and dodging attacks. Of course this is very unreliable since enemy might have stab or not hit you all the time. This build pretty much died when they made allied auras not apply elemental empowerment stacks.
  2. Boon one: Middle-Bottom-Bottom traits whose damage comes from massive amount of might stacks, fury and quickness you share to your party. Your personal damage will be lower but in return your party will have 10+ might, fury and almost perma quickness. Now of course offensive boons are not all it shares but also decent amount of stab, protection, regen, vigor, resistance

Other damage modifiers for catalyst comes from having stronger stunbreak (Invigorating air) that provides ton of superspeed which translates to DPS and the fact that Elemental Empowerment stacks also give extra defensive stats so you  can run more berserker stats. Also Jade spheres can remove blind from you and aegis from enemies.

Example of Build 2  There are some options regarding traits, utilities, sigils and runes but main structure remains the same. reason you run fire sigil even though it is slightly less theoretical DPS, it will give you more Jade Sphere energy and boons for your whole party.

Now there are also Weaver downsides as it doesnt have access to 3 skills outside fire with proper rotation so it cant share stab, or cast as many water fields. And if you want to drop static field, cleanse allies, immob or earth line  at perfect moment, you typically cant since you don't have access to 4 and 5 skills instantly. Burning retreat is also important escape and Weaver is forced to start fire as main attunement with 0 flexibility.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

1.  Very difficult one: Middle-Middle-Middle traits that  requires you to have 10 stacks of elemental empowerment during meteor showers, else you wont deal much damage. You do this by blasting fields for auras, ccing enemies and dodging attacks. Of course this is very unreliable since enemy might have stab or not hit you all the time. This build pretty much died when they made allied auras not apply elemental empowerment stacks.
  2. Boon one: Middle-Bottom-Bottom traits whose damage comes from massive amount of might stacks, fury and quickness you share to your party. Your personal damage will be lower but in return your party will have 10+ might, fury and almost perma quickness. Now of course offensive boons are not all it shares but also decent amount of stab, protection, regen, vigor, resistance

Other damage modifiers for catalyst comes from having stronger stunbreak (Invigorating air) that provides ton of superspeed which translates to DPS and the fact that Elemental Empowerment stacks also give extra defensive stats so you  can run more berserker stats. Also Jade spheres can remove blind from you and aegis from enemies.

Example of Build 2  There are some options regarding traits, utilities, sigils and runes but main structure remains the same. reason you run fire sigil even though it is slightly less theoretical DPS, it will give you more Jade Sphere energy and boons for your whole party.

Now there are also Weaver downsides as it doesnt have access to 3 skills outside fire with proper rotation so it cant share stab, or cast as many water fields. And if you want to drop static field, cleanse allies, immob or earth line  at perfect moment, you typically cant since you don't have access to 4 and 5 skills instantly. Burning retreat is also important escape and Weaver is forced to start fire as main attunement with 0 flexibility.

Must be nice playing in a proper comp to keep you standing. Those stats are delicious even at 6 stacks of EE but man you're glass even in Marauder. Hope you thank your supports profusely.

Can't help but laugh at the "gun flame is all in" guys - Full Berserker, DPS everything else and they still sit at more vitality and toughness than your build.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Here is what I love about this. Warclaw is too easy to get knocked off of, but also, while you are falling to the ground are considered to not have your armor on yet, so you take increased damage. 

That's what, about ¾ of a second of totally unmitigated damage? Good lord man, how does this kitten slip through Q&A?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

Must be nice playing in a proper comp to keep you standing. Those stats are delicious even at 6 stacks of EE but man you're glass even in Marauder. Hope you thank your supports profusely.

Can't help but laugh at the "gun flame is all in" guys - Full Berserker, DPS everything else and they still sit at more vitality and toughness than your build.

True, it can be hard to survive without adequate understanding of the kit and what can kill you but lot of berserker damage is trickle damage coming from Scorched Earth hitting ton of targets in large area. So lot of the damage is wasted and arcdps is bad measurement of actual useful damage.

Catalyst is  the top boon and CC source in a blob with decent amount of support (3 water fields, 1 with decent cleanse and AoE frost aura). Also Catalyst should be last one to die with during backfoot with ton of superspeed, burning retreat and lightning flash available.  Berserker is just damage and first one to get caught out in harder fights, but I gotta admit that the burst of berserker if it ever gets melee is impressive.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

That's what, about ¾ of a second of totally unmitigated damage? Good lord man, how does this kitten slip through Q&A?

I believe it is a hold over from the PvE mount mechanics. This is one of the reasons why Soulbeasts are so great at what they do. If you see one nearby and you are mounted, do yourself a favor and get off asap.

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Bro, you're going to end up with everyone having the same base HP if you do that.

I... don't see a problem with that actually, it's probably time hit points were normalized across the board.

People want shooter game ttk and damage, might as well start converting the rest of stats to it too.

🤷‍♂️🍿

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Bro, you're going to end up with everyone having the same base HP if you do that.

Make every one base hp and armor the same and add it all into armor combos and let every one use all skin types (we are a few months out from every one being in animal outfits any way i am personally waiting on an bunny outfit though i could see an fox/dog/wolf or even an bird doing well too.) If you want to do dmg at all cost you should pay for it though being made of paper. If you want to be tankly should hit worst then an wet noodle.

I also want to see fields combos updated utility moved on trait liens and place able mortars!

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I was using Soulbeast when there was no downedstate event.
Could even 100-0 even tanky Necromancers with mount included. 
So dumb.

Might be time for a projectile range damage fall off mechanic... since we're on the topic of first person shooters anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2023 at 8:47 PM, solemn.9670 said:

Elementalist is the ONLY thing in the game that is broken right now. This is unacceptable! Please nerf elementalist again! Then nerf it again afterward! Elementalist is the ONLY broken class in the game! It's not as if the other 8 are also broken .........

Proof:

https://ibb.co/bvHPTLh

https://ibb.co/V9P3PCY

https://ibb.co/195Fvzy

Or this abomination of a class which promotes just 111111111111 to win (montage is pretty cool, no disrespect to the player, just... harbinger lol)

On the other hand, while celestial harbinger is an asinine design....celestial catalyst is not much different if not worst, in than the rest, I say it as ele...cele cata is pure kitten and I believe the biggest culprit is the cele gear

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I... don't see a problem with that actually, it's probably time hit points were normalized across the board.

People want shooter game ttk and damage, might as well start converting the rest of stats to it too.

🤷‍♂️🍿

Ele, guardian, mesmer, and thief would have to give up half their blinds/blocks/evades/stealth access for that to work in anyway that is fair.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ele, guardian, mesmer, and thief would have to give up half their blinds/blocks/evades/stealth access for that to work in anyway that is fair.

As an Elementalist, I'm fine with giving up stealth, oh wait, we have none. I'm also fine with giving up blinds, oh wait we have few and teef can outblind our blinds by a mile. Then I'm fine with giving away blocks, that we have 4. Giving away some evades is fine, since you still get hit through them.

WTB damage though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

At this point all the other classes have gotten these things through expansions.  So having less health doesn't make any sense when all the high health classes have just as many damage mitigation abilities.

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I mean yeah the obvious thing would be to bring down some of the sustain of the classes to make up for more hitpoints, although some classes like necro will lose hitpoints so will need to be given some different sustain options. 🤭

You don't just add a boost like that without balancing the rest... Unless you're the anet balancing team... yeah just add concentration and expertise to celestial without adjusting the other stats, this is fine, what could go wrong!

🤭🍿

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

At this point all the other classes have gotten these things through expansions.  So having less health doesn't make any sense when all the high health classes have just as many damage mitigation abilities.

Not as much as you would think. Rev, necro, and warrior all have less than half the amount of active defenses as those I listed. But they do have lots of damage reduction or immunity periods against sone damage types.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I mean yeah the obvious thing would be to bring down some of the sustain of the classes to make up for more hitpoints, although some classes like necro will lost hitpoints so will need to be given some different sustain options. 🤭

You don't just add a boost like that without balancing the rest... Unless you're the anet balancing team... yeah just add concentration and expertise to celestial without adjusting the other stats, this is fine, what could go wrong!

🤭🍿

Indeed. Warrior would need more evades if they ever reduced its HP pool.

12 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

He even saw it comming and still left his stunbreak unused. Could have dodged most of the damage if he wanted to. Somewhat sad to see that he immediately reports him after. No wonder that the report feature doesn't do anything at all if it is being used for such meaningless occasions...

If they dodged as fast as they reported they'd be fine.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

He even saw it comming and still left his stunbreak unused. Could have dodged most of the damage if he wanted to. Somewhat sad to see that he immediately reports him after. No wonder that the report feature doesn't do anything at all if it is being used for such meaningless occasions...

So true, incredible how someone can pick this video to try to show balancing issues. That's 100% lack of skill.

Saw it comming...

Did not dodge the rapid fire on the mount...

Did also not unmount to prevent the dismount stun...

Then did not stunbreak...

...in general played a risky glass build without knowing anything about WvW specific mechanics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/6/2023 at 3:18 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Thanks for the answer bro but I found the problem . I was playing it wrong . I was playing it like insta dps spike like rev as I'm used to , I realised it's more of dmg over time on aoes. Dps is there just needs some secs to tick.🤣

Edited by MysteryDude.1572

You enter those fights with confidence because you know that no matter how it goes you will either win or escape. It is not a win or lose fight. That is the problem.

What needs to be nerfed first is how easy it is to abandon a fight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2023 at 12:34 PM, MaLong.2079 said:

You enter those fights with confidence because you know that no matter how it goes you will either win or escape. It is not a win or lose fight. That is the problem.

What needs to be nerfed first is how easy it is to abandon a fight.

Well practically every profession now has the tools/spec to escape fights, but yeah some more than others with no regard in balance to other sides of combat unfortunately. Balance is whack when you have classes that can hit you hard, can sustain, and have mobility at the same time. Not like at the beginning of the game when you had necros who had little for mobility, had to rely on shroud to sustain, and little in the way of other defenses. These days you got specs that jump around like a jackrabbit, fart out boons, while at the same time smacking you down with an iron fist. Anet's new philosophy is no trade offs so I guess they're on the right track for that. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2