New Mesmer Weapon: Rifle

Sodeni.6041

On 6/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, Sodeni.6041 said:

I think rifle will be a ranged weapon that focuses on condition damage since we lack such weapon.

Not for nothing, but isn't that what the scepter is for? 

Also, how many ranged weapons does the mesmer need? By my count, they have about 8 ranged weapons and 4 melee weapons. Maybe they should consider giving them more close range options

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

Not for nothing, but isn't that what the scepter is for? 

Also, how many ranged weapons does the mesmer need? By my count, they have about 8 ranged weapons and 4 melee weapons. Maybe they should consider giving them more close range options

100% agree. Mace or hammer or something. Even shortbow.

GS is already our rifle

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 3

I'm hyped for rifle. No idea what kind of playstyle it'll have to stand out from GS or MH Dagger, but I always felt that gunner mesmer was an underdeveloped theme.

We've been having mostly variation of battlemages with Shield and Axe, magic-thief with Mirage, and then dagger is like a MH version of GS, so I'm ready for new flavor. In addition to gunner mesmers (rifle, MH pistol), I also would like to see their trickery flavor (torch) and musical flavor (trident) more developed in the future.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Like 1

Way too much ranged as is been stated by others a nice melee hammer or even mace would be nice. Half our melee weapons are ranged and our ranged weapons are ranged this isn't much a duelist class at this rate.

As for rifle I highly doubt its melee for those of you who've played Xenoblade Chronicles a heal bullet is a thing. Thus I'd say the rifle is a support weapon which will probably be as useless as the healing rifle was in that game as well.

24 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Let it be a full power weapon, I'm tired of condi damage being slotted everywhere making celestial set even more kittenous in WvW. 

Virtuoso dagger is already a 1200 range power weapon. So I expect conditions on Rifle, or the bleed from Jagged Mind to be made baseline.

19 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Virtuoso dagger is already a 1200 range power weapon. So I expect conditions on Rifle, or the bleed from Jagged Mind to be made baseline.

It does no power damage what so ever and cvirtuoso benefits most from dagger which again is condi not power

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:36 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Can we please, for the love of the 6, have a main hand pistol instead of a rifle?

That would be so good. 

I couldnt agree more. Rifle is bad choice. Mesmer has 1200 range GS and Dagger as a power weapon. It has range staff and scepter(it sucks but still has) as condi weapon.

The most suitable choice was MH pistol or OH dagger. One hand dagger is bad design. Virtuoso should have used dw dagger in the beginning. 

What will rifle for? I'm really curious. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

It does no power damage what so ever and cvirtuoso benefits most from dagger which again is condi not power

Wait, what? Have you even played virtuoso?

Dagger is pure power without Jagged Mind (and is used on power virtuoso). So-called "condition virtuoso" is really a hybrid that trades ferocity for condition damage. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Leap Of Faith.8263 said:

“An early idea for the specialization’s new weapon even involved rifles, but the team eventually felt that the offhand shield would be the most thematically appropriate choice."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-creating-the-chronomancer/

Yeah that's why I think they may have had some rough designs scattered around and efficient to make use of that. Will be interesting to see if it aligns with chrono more than other specs, or if they've made the skills synergise well with everything.

Or they can add a new weapon like a musical instrument weapon for Mesmer like harp to make a bard class since Mesmer does have a bard style vibe like the trident weapon skill 1 "siren's call" it has musical note as logo. I can imagine how pretty Mesmer's healing animations will be it is the prettiest class in the game after all. 

Rifle would probably be like greatsword dull but unless you make it a healing with boons shotgun weapon then it's good.