Anet, Stop Changing Things. The Game is FINE.

How dare anet update and make changes to a live service game. I want things like they were in 2012 - #sarcasm

Seriously. If they don't change stuff people will leave and they can't attract new players. It's the reality of any live service game. Welcome it or go play a single player game, or wow classic 🙄

• Like 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:34 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

I don't know if there is some new employee at the company that feels like they need to shake things up, but please stop.

WEAPONS are fine. It's cool that we can only get a certain weapon with a class specialization. There's no reason to change this.

RUNES are fine. There is no reason to mess with them. (Also, we have something named relics already, in fractals. Get a thesaurus, geez.)

DAILIES and LOGIN REWARDS are fine. Why are you making this "battlepass" thing? 

I've been playing since beta. You're turning the game into something unrecognizable.

These new changes aren't "cool and exciting". They don't "open up the game to new possibilities". Stop trying to make us hyped about bad ideas.

Us long-timers are here cuz we like the game AS IT IS. Each new change makes me love GW2 a little bit less.

Devs should never listen to players who want things to stay stagnant and never change, literally the worse type of MMO player. 

Edited by Gerplunka.3861
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

I don't know if there is some new employee at the company that feels like they need to shake things up, but please stop.

WEAPONS are fine. It's cool that we can only get a certain weapon with a class specialization. There's no reason to change this.

RUNES are fine. There is no reason to mess with them. (Also, we have something named relics already, in fractals. Get a thesaurus, geez.)

I've been playing since beta. You're turning the game into something unrecognizable.

These new changes aren't "cool and exciting". They don't "open up the game to new possibilities". Stop trying to make us hyped about bad ideas.

Us long-timers are here cuz we like the game AS IT IS. Each new change makes me love GW2 a little bit less.

You don't even know how any of this work, so why you judging things without knowing,

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

What's funny is the industry is moving away from battle passes because they are, in fact, not very profitable or good for the game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dota-2-is-moving-away-from-the-battle-pass-model-as-valve-says-there-are-better-uses-of-dev-time-and-most-players-never-buy-one-anyway/

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

What's funny is the industry is moving away from battle passes because they are, in fact, not very profitable or good for the game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/dota-2-is-moving-away-from-the-battle-pass-model-as-valve-says-there-are-better-uses-of-dev-time-and-most-players-never-buy-one-anyway/

I highly doubt Anet are adding paid battle passes... so there's no profit in them for them as a company, but rather they will be a new way to get rewards for performing certain tasks.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, moony.5780 said:

As a day 1 player im actually happy about these changes. But dont know yet if they will be good or bad. But im happy they change things. I honestly miss how gw2 felt the first 3-4 years. Its too much meta mehh here and there.

Been playing mmo's since 2000. Back then if you couldn't hack things changing in a mmo then you are playing the wrong genre. MMO's are never set in stone. They always change. But the modern mmo player has missed the memo. That's why I laugh at all the youtube content creators and the meta builds they say you should play or you're a loser. MMO's have been this way since the first generation.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:34 PM, Dibit.6259 said:

Tbh my main concern if whether they will be able to deal with power creep and balancing of these new "features". They sound good on paper but when it comes to reality then this may just be opening a can of worms. No offense to the devs but considering they're having difficulty balancing the current state of the game how much of a uphill battle will it be once they changes are implemented? I like shinny new things as much as the next player but I would prefer that they focus more on current problems before adding more to their plate.

It's a lot like politics.  Politicians make decisions that keep people voting for them, but once those decisions are implemented then they are no longer in office and have to deal with the repercussions.  With the way that Anet goes through Devs, it's pretty much the same thing.  They won't need to worry about balancing because they won't be around to have to manage it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Cantha continent was abandoned too fast. There is still so much landmass left. Also they introduce stuff and never continue/finish it or leave it half abandoned: fractals getting fewer every year and I don't want to start with raids. Also why no new weapons, a new class or a new race kitten? Other franchises do this as well. Also WvW restructuring is dragging on since erm what half a decade? They can't be serious...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 5:34 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

Hold up, we are getting a battle pass here? Where can I preorder that?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Because casual players want to be able to play everything at a similar style and pace.

That would be what we call a non sequitur. Or in other words your argument doesn't lead to such a conclusion. There's so much to unpack here but let's just give you a few thoughts to consider. First thought is this: what casual players want and what they get is not the same. Thought number two: casuals in this case means people who don't really care to learn the combat system or their classes. So they only need to be similar at the basic level, but not the entire class. Third thought: I don't even think that casuals want to play everything at a similar style or pace.

So yeah, I don't even agree with your argumentation to begin with, let alone where that took you.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Something manage to put me into GW2 hibernation for the last 7 months, so obviously the game's not fine.  This game is one of the most volatile MMOs out there where cyclically people come in for the half dozen flawless A+ features and leave for the 3 dozen D- features.  They know it.  Gotta knock down those crap features to get this game out of "cute sidegame" mode.  Is this the route to do it?  Doubt it, but doing nothing is just a death sentence.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rainbow Dragon.7268 said:

CHANGES in MY GUILD WARS 2 how DARE they - the thread. also where is the announcement of a battle pass like thing or did you make it up? source now.

Well I think its this line that sounds like the good parts from a battlepass.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

With the release of Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure, you’ll receive new objectives to complete daily, weekly, and with each quarterly release.

As you complete objectives you’ll earn Astral Acclaim, a new account-wide currency, which can be exchanged for rewards of your choosing

The only change that Anet has been doing since EoD (which is honestly probably why it's my least favorite expansion so far) is that they seems to be drifting away from their original game concept. Guild Wars has always been about horizontal progression rather than vertical, it was made with the idea that your gear plateaus so you don't need a loot treadmill in order to keep your attention. The strong core part of this concept is that you rely heavily on good content, story, and in GW2's cases metas that are exciting enough to keep coming back to them.

EoD feels like it was built entirely around gen 3 legendary weapons. The entire grind of the zones and its rewards are all about making these new legendary weapons. If you aren't super hyped for them, then the zones are pretty but pointless, the metas are super long and with little reward, and the story was not the worst but I felt no burning desire to do it on more than once. There's no special interactions like when you were a Sylvari for HoT, or a Charr for IBS.

I'm really worried that SoTo is going to go down that path and make it all about relics and daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly check lists, and I can only pray they don't add a completely new pointless mechanic like research notes.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

The only change that Anet has been doing since EoD (which is honestly probably why it's my least favorite expansion so far) is that they seems to be drifting away from their original game concept. Guild Wars has always been about horizontal progression rather than vertical, it was made with the idea that your gear plateaus so you don't need a loot treadmill in order to keep your attention. The strong core part of this concept is that you rely heavily on good content, story, and in GW2's cases metas that are exciting enough to keep coming back to them.

EoD feels like it was built entirely around gen 3 legendary weapons. The entire grind of the zones and its rewards are all about making these new legendary weapons. If you aren't super hyped for them, then the zones are pretty but pointless, the metas are super long and with little reward, and the story was not the worst but I felt no burning desire to do it on more than once. There's no special interactions like when you were a Sylvari for HoT, or a Charr for IBS.

I'm really worried that SoTo is going to go down that path and make it all about relics and daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly check lists, and I can only pray they don't add a completely new pointless mechanic like research notes.

Pretty sure Astral Acclaim is the new research notes.

Been here since about 21 days after launch.

Still love it, love most of the changes they've made over the years (setting aside some pretty awful balance missteps).

Things change, rare is the game that receives constant live support and stays unchanged over 10 years.  For one thing most players get bored of it and the game dies.

• Like 1