We want legendary relics on relics release

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's not a simple answer. I'm getting something different to what I've lost. That's always thorny. So if they give me back a legendary relic on launch, yeah, that would shut me up, but it will also make me not quite as interested as doing content in the expansion, because I'm sure a lot of it is around getting this stuff. The whole situation will likely devalue the expansion for me, one way or another. Eventually I'll have ever relic unlocked anyway, because that's how I play. It's the time frame of having t wait for builds so I can have a decent build when I go out with my raid team. Or when I jump into WvW.

Then I have a character I built years ago, that shouts yarr and summons a parrot. He's using privateer runes. I built that character, a norn pirate, specifically to use those runes. That character is completely gone, unless they have a relic with those functions and why would they? I invested considerable time and energy, even bought gem store shoulders for that character. They're changing something I use and like, to something with fewer options at launch that probably won't help that character survive. I made that character my dedicated fishing character. His name is Captain Arghhhh. It's likely that's a wasted character right now. He'll stay my fishing character, but yeah that's a bit disappointing too.

It's just that when an expansion comes out, I expect to be looking forward to it, not looking forward to the release date with this uneasy feeling that I've been set back. 

I'm a pretty new raider as these things go. I have six legendary runes, so I can jump into various builds and I know I need all the help I can get. Having to go farm those things just so I can get raid ready again doesn't sound fun. It puts pressure on me and I don't play games to be pressured.  Maybe they could take the most common runes that people use, scholars or what have you and put the runes into an unlimited choosy box that you can get for free from an NPC like they used to do for betas. Let people get the old six rune out of them for now, until they come out with the legendary one at some point next year.

All fair points. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

So let's sum things up.

You take an existing system, remove a feature from it that we already paid for, and slap it onto a new system while asking us to pay for it again.

Is ArenaNet ran by Activision now?

The only acceptable outcome is if people with 7 legendary runes get a legendary relic ON RELEASE, FOR FREE. None of this "significant progress 3 years from now after multiple delays" weaselspeak.

This or riot.

"The only acceptable outcome" "This or riot" i am discusted by how you sound like a spoiled little mad kid. 

For free? Dude no. I won't like it if legendary rune owners suddenly get access to all the new SotO relics, which will be unavailable for the people who don't own the legendary runes for a long time. 

We don't know how "good" the compensation will be to craft the legendary relics easier. But it seems fair to me that you have to craft a legendary relic.

Edited by Cronospere.8143
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 28

I like the idea but I don't like how you think of it Anet. Your game is about limited progression in terms of gear. That is the beauty of your creation since birth. You get something and it lasts forever. That is how it has always been till now. Someone said in a thread that this is the end of a GW2 era. I can relate to that.

You're introducing a new system but in reality it's not, it's just a revamp of an existing one. I would understand the marketing behind that if it were something completely new but it's not, it is connected with an existing system impacting active customers.

Many players are fully geared out in legendaries and play everyday. I can't speak for everyone but I assume such people continue to play because they simply like playing GW2 for said 'no gear progression' amongst other aspects.

I'm not super happy as others have mentioned in this and other threads to have to 'do things' to get myself back to the point I'm at right now. This is why I spent time and gold to get legendary stuff. To not have to think of it in the future.

Now I have to think of time and gold which I don't have that much anymore and it aches me that after so many years the concept of GW2 is changing. 😞

• Like 16
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I feel Angry. Frustrated. Annoyed. Disappointed. Bewildered.

Dear, ArenaNet.
You've royally messed up with this Relic System and with the Players that have crafted 6-7 Legendary Runes. Even with me (6 Leggie Runes).
First off, what was that Blog Post (Clicky) you made? What is this "compensation" for every Legendary Rune? What was the point of waiting 2 more days (18-20th) for no NEW information! What are you doing? I am not out to blame any hard working Developer, I love ya'll; but you - the Executives and Leadership, ya'll need to listen to this community and change direction. I wouldn't be surprised if a employee said something to ya'll about this -but ya'll just ignored their input. But that's just my assumptions...

For Players with 6-7 Legendary Runes, they have put in the work and deserve the Legendary Relic for free, because that's the only logical compensation for taking away our LR's core functionality. You are diminishing all of our work and our Quality of Life feature.

When I think about Relics, I can agree that Runes are a very old design and the game should evolve, it always has. For instance, for the longest time ya'll didn't want to make Mounts, but you did it anyway with great successes. But Mounts only impacted the World of Tyria, it gave players freedom. Relics alter the game in a very different way, this involves Player Builds, Gear and Progression.
Guess what, that requires a lot more PR than simply "We'll compensate players with silly materials! It's fine!" NO...

You are altering a basic foundation of how we play our Characters, Runes are a fundamental part of creating our Builds.

ArenaNet . . . I strongly recommend that you do more.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

Most of my builds rely on the 6th effect of equipped runes, especially roaming builds for WvW. Tomorrow I'll log in and those characters won't work anymore. I refuse to be forced to grind again only to regain full functionality of my toons.

I mean, it's fair if it hurts your builds but is the 6th effect the literal irreplacable lynchpin of the entire build?

Also, it doesn't affect you until Expansion launch, there isn't a benefit to exaggerate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

For anyone who thinks it's childish or stupid for players like myself to feel slighted, you're either a new player who likes the idea of the veterans being inconvenienced, or you aren't thinking it through. Legendary Runes aren't an old system. Runes are sure, but ANET CHOSE to make Legendary Runes not that long ago!!! They are removing functionality from a LEGENDARY ITEM, ya know the super grindy thing that's only advantage IS FUNCTIONALITY, and selling that as a feature in their expansion. For the players who've put in the time and work to make Legendary Runes, they are just screwed over. 'Significant progress' for a thing that won't be out when the system comes out or even soon after!!! The whole point of legendaries in guild wars 2, unlike other games where legendaries have more stats, IS THE EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY OF THE LEGENDARY ITEM. So these players not only will just suddenly lose the functionality associated with one of the longer grinds in the game, but then they are devalued and forced to use your kitten half-complete, by your own admission, system and wait for you to release a new legendary item for us all to go chase down JUST TO GET BACK WHAT WE ALREADY HAVEEEEEEEEE. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Meh I'm ok with it since it looks like we'll be getting plenty of relics and they're going on what looks like a freely swappable trinket sorta slot. 

I play every class and have between 2 and 6 builds for those classes. I only have like 12 characters. So not only are the Legendary Runes less useful after the expac, I won't actually be able to replace all of the builds I currently play. 

Edited by Sylvrr.6541
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Meh I'm ok with it since it looks like we'll be getting plenty of relics and they're going on what looks like a freely swappable trinket sorta slot. 

The TP prices for those relics will be through the roof, and you'll need to buy one for every equipment template slot on every character.  And then for every time you want to try a new build.

I crafted 7 legendary runes. I was supposed to be DONE with that nonsense.

Edited by ccrazool.2905
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Do they think we'll wait for a year to get the legendary relic 'progress'? every one of us with 6-7 runes WILL HAVE to get ALL the relics we need for all of our build during that time.. that WILL be an expensive waste of gold if we'll also still have to spend more gold to get the legendary relic..

There shouldn't have even been a discussion about it, 6-7 legendary runes should automatically give you the legendary relic on release, and if legendary relics are not released with the expansion, they should at the VERY LEAST give all of us ALL the relics for free.. then we can wait and see the 'compensation' a year later

Edited by Shabalu.5463
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

I mean, it's fair if it hurts your builds but is the 6th effect the literal irreplacable lynchpin of the entire build?

Also, it doesn't affect you until Expansion launch, there isn't a benefit to exaggerate. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Fireworks

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Traveler

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trooper

These are commonly used runes that are almost entirely taken for the 6th bonus.

Also the expansion is coming out literally next month so I don't really get the point of the second sentence.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Fireworks

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Traveler

These are commonly used runes that are almost entirely taken for the 6th bonus because they provide some effect that isn't replaceable elsewhere.

Also the expansion is coming out literally next month so I don't really get the point of the second sentence.

There are more than just those. The only reason scholar runes are so expensive and are used over ogre and other much cheaper  runes is because of its 6th bonus. 

• Like 3

IF Anet sees this, please please please make Legendary Relics avail at launch. The way the system will work as is now will be: We lose a big functionality from our runes that we worked hard for, and now we have to collect a bunch of different Relics that will cost who knows how much gold ... only to get access to our the Legendary Relic (that we still have to craft) at X amount of time later. MY question is - will I be reimbursed for all the relics that I have to buy and craft or will this just be a gold sink with gold going down the toilet and all relics that I collected while waiting for the Legendary Relic to drop will end up sitting unused in my bank?

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with their comment here, but it seems to me their point is that you said "tomorrow" when it's a month away and they considered that an exaggeration.

The legendary runes where the first legendaries I went for. Not for the cost effectiveness, but for the fact that I could play with all the tier 6 bonuses on all my characters. Feels bad that it is getting removed from something that has so much time and gold spent in it. Compensation is cool and all but it is just what we had but split up into two mechanics now. The worst part in my opinion is that the legendary relic comes out an undetermined amount of time after the expansion release. So the function of what I used to have and grinded for is gone for who knows how long. Normally I wouldn’t mind a later release legendary because it doesn’t affect your current state of gaming. Now it does.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with their comment here, but it seems to me their point is that you said "tomorrow" when it's a month away and they considered that an exaggeration.

I didn't say that; someone else did.  Yea I guess it's an inaccuracy. But honestly it's not that  much of an exaggeration and pointless hair splitting.

In the near future, has more or less the same meaning and any distinction will vanish by then.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, CodeNameV.9432 said:

IF Anet sees this, please please please make Legendary Relics avail at launch. The way the system will work as is now will be: We lose a big functionality from our runes that we worked hard for, and now we have to collect a bunch of different Relics that will cost who knows how much gold ... only to get access to our the Legendary Relic (that we still have to craft) at X amount of time later. MY question is - will I be reimbursed for all the relics that I have to buy and craft or will this just be a gold sink with gold going down the toilet and all relics that I collected while waiting for the Legendary Relic to drop will end up sitting unused in my bank?

They can't make them available at launch for the very simple reason - they are not implemented yet and the launch is in 1 month, it's most likely over for any features implementation and only bug fixes can be pushed. As to why they are not yet implemented - they forgot about the main reason people farm in this game, which is farm for the ultimate QoL, legendaries. It's mind boggling, especially that it took like 5 minutes after Relics announcement to have questions about Legendary Relics.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So everybody who currently has Legendary Runes loses the most crucial part of their functionality and Quality of Life that they have earned and paid for already, then they have to re-earn and pay to get that functionality in non-legendary Relics back again with significantly worse QoL or otherwise can't play properly with completed builds for a whole year - and then after that year, they get "significant progress" towards getting their already earned and previously owned functionality and QoL back, invalidating everything they've had to buy and work for over that year to be able to still play properly again? 

They created a system so bad where the only recourse for self-respecting affected players who want to have their time, effort and investment (somewhat) valued is to not buy their latest product and quit the game for a year. 

Did all their game- and systems designers just quit and leave last year or smth? 

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Out of curiosity, what would be a satisfactory answer? If they had launched the legendary relics alongside I'm guessing that would work (and require nominal if any extra cost). But since it's a year's wait, what would work in the interrim as compensation?

An access to vendor that would sell you relics at 0 cost might be just barely sufficient. That would still be a significant QoL downgrade, but at lest would not generate any additional costs for something people already worked hard to obtain.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

38 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

Did all their game- and systems designers just quit and leave last year or smth? 

No, it's the opposite - the person responsible for wanting to introduce vertical progression into this game just right after it launched is now back in Anet. And he's again at the top, setting design goals.

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

There is another option.

They could also leave runes as is, and then release it separately when it's ready. It is better to do things once correctly, than many times wrong. Relics are not going to break or make this release.

This sounds like the best option, but I don't think that's a realistic option. The rune/relic changes are probably integrated so deeply into the SotO release and one of the few core features of the expansion that they cannot be reversed without an immense amount of work.

I think (because they have forgotten legendary runes and therefore do not exist legendary relics) there are only two options:

1. Delay SotO until legendary relics are implemented
2. Don't delay SotO and release without legendary relics

Both options are bad and Anet probably chose option (2) because they believe that it would be less harmful to them (and perhaps also for the player base).

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No, it's the opposite - the person responsible for wanting to introduce vertical progression into this game just right after it launched is now back in Anet. And he's again at the top, setting design goals.

Are ANet oblivious to the fact that lack of vertical progression is one of the reasons the current customer-base came to this game rather than to others? They're risking undermining one of the key selling points that brought people to them in the first place.
I'm so disappointed to see ANet moving towards a business model of  'downgrading previous gear' when an expac is launched. I thought we could rely on ANet not to do things like that. That sort of thing is meme-worthy underhand MMO dev behavior:  https://youtu.be/W_MKjaxRtE8

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3