How to kill Harbinger in WvW?

ShadowCatz.8437

4 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Then the harbinger is full celestial and face tank your whole pewpew combo...even if you are full zerk with skirmisher and beastmaster....ever tried to power dmg a cele tank with perma protection and dmg reduction food? 

I am a Necro main ,ranger can kite long enough or stay in the safety of elevation  till you either back out or overextend which will make you exposed to even further ranged damage.

If the harbinger got into the 900 range and wasn't point blanked and immobilized then the ranger needs to step up their game and improve his rotation and must learn to pick the ground to fight on better.

Celestial on harbinger isn't as busted as celestial on elementalist who has access to mobility and reflects and vigor and invuls and blink and extra evades .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

harb is heavily countert by projectile hate. especially elementalists can cast perma reflect by magnetic aura and other effects. that way a harb can nearly never hit you. your blocks and invulns complete the set. as ele you should never die to a harb.

in general harb get countered by same things necros get countered: mobility + cc + range. and especially burst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, Grave.5683 said:

Celestial on harbinger isn't as busted as celestial on elementalist who has access to mobility and reflects and vigor and invuls and blink and extra evades .

On 8/10/2023 at 11:58 AM, Zero.3871 said:

harb is heavily countert by projectile hate. especially elementalists can cast perma reflect by magnetic aura and other effects. that way a harb can nearly never hit you. your blocks and invulns complete the set. as ele you should never die to a harb.

is obvious who has literally no idea about ele...

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

• 8 months later...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lpm6czde5tt22bvO2XfxPA-D2IY1wfGZqA6VCoxViA1DA-w

Try this build, as food you can use energy food or a food to reduce condition durations on you.

For combat, don't try to kite them, instead stick on them like a perv and stay behind. Only face tank them if you have reflect and while they are in shroud. Drop your F5 always on you and try to dodge in while you are on earth attunement. Use your elite skill to drop the cd of air 5 or earth 5. If you gonna use block elite, i suggest you to swap fire attunement at the same time to get ez fire aura, cleansing and stab. 

The rest are using which attunements depending on the situations, this is not a thing we can explain it here with all details so you will learn it in combat. Since you said you used scepter+dagger or dagger+dagger; I suggest you to read focus skills carefully cuz they are quite OP in any fight in general.

This build is kinda my joker card in-game and using it against annoying builds. I guess deadeye is the only anti class of this build (if they are really good at it). But deadeye in general is anti class of everything 😛

I hope it helps, have fun o/

Ranged attacks and a lot of CC. But always be spamming attacks. This is why most of the good ones will try and force you to fight them on a ledge or somewhere narrow and then you have to eat all their attacks. Most readers probably eat all their attacks anyways so...

like most meta roaming builds, it is a waste of time. if you fail to catch them when they're asleep, the fight will be tedious even if you begin to win and they will either start running away or you will find out they have like 5 other friends waiting nearby. So the actual best advice is just to make a 180 and attempt to ignore the fact that they exist or that 1v1 is simply not balanced at all.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 8/7/2023 at 8:36 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

So I have played catalyst with mostly Berserker and some trinkets with cele on it and I can not even make a dent on Harbringer before my HP goes down to zero. Weapons is Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Dagger. What the heck is going on?

This have now happen 4-5 times, so what can I do to at least have a chance to kill Harbringer when I try to take camps?

Trait is Fire and Arcane for dodge blast on earth. Do I have to replace rest of my gear with Cele or have Vitality attribute to even have a chance?

EDIT: What skill do Harbringer have that lift one in the air as that happened once while fighting.

Harbringer is that type of dumbed down broken, braindead spec that requires very little and gives way too much, but they do have one weakness  - they hate reflects. Trying to outcleanse all Harb's condi burst is usually a thankless task.

I really hate people playing that spec, just as much as I hate permadaze spam from Mesmer dagger, but I learnt to counter both successfully. Worst case scenario nowadays: they'll just try to walk away.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:39 AM, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Harbringer is that type of dumbed down broken, braindead spec that requires very little and gives way too much, but they do have one weakness  - they hate reflects. Trying to outcleanse all Harb's condi burst is usually a thankless task.

I really hate people playing that spec, just as much as I hate permadaze spam from Mesmer dagger, but I learnt to counter both successfully. Worst case scenario nowadays: they'll just try to walk away.

So it's on par with Willbender, Scrapper, Thief, Catalyst and Mesmer you say?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, urd.8306 said:

So it's on par with Willbender, Scrapper, Thief, Catalyst and Mesmer you say?

A good thief can't lose, it will just rotate stealth until it manages to land burst or steal (depending on your class, essence sap from rev is kind of stupid strong), and it's not every day that you will meet a thief of that caliber. Harbringers are everywhere, however, and they don't require nearly as much skill. But yeah, stealth is just broken, it is what it is.

Mesmer pistol + dagger is overloaded, but it has the same weaknesses as harb with the only difference being that it can simply walk away easier.

I know noone likes Willbender nowadays, but all those OMG ONESHOT DMG Willbenders I met were so squishy. Get some unblockables and dodges?
Cele Windi is annoying, but in my opinion Vindi/Rene cele bow is worse.

Catalyst has some meme specs that can oneshot squishy people, but otherwise I almost never see them anymore. Not saying that ele main/one trick isn't a PITA to fight though, but why do something on ele that can be done with 10 times less effort on a different class nowadays...

And what about Scrapper? Nades again?

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Kite when they in shroud, Magnetic and Frost Aura on shroud autos and #2. Immob them in shroud.

Cc and kill Combo as soon as they leave shroud.

Shoking aura into immob and into damage is the easiest win for catalyst.

Kite shroud#5 and elite elixir and redo the steps.

If you are dying to cele harb as cele cata the only reason is you.  You are playing the most broken 1v1 build in wvw atm. 

Also play scepter.

Edited by XECOR.2814
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:58 AM, Zero.3871 said:

in general harb get countered by same things necros get countered: mobility + cc + range. and especially burst.

Cata and Weaver have low reflect uptime and Tempest is a team spec that is weaker 1v1 now. I'm a ele main but when I play harbi, eles never beat me. When I play cata, Harbi's sometimes beat me. Condi Harbi is one of the two hardest specs to beat as ele (there's a certain condi mesmer build too). Of course most players are bad, most harbi players aren't good, but the spec itself is better 1v1 when facing any ele spec I've seen. 

Regarding projectiles, this isn't a deadeye or bow ranger. 3 of the 5 Should skills are not projectiles. All 4 staff skills are marks (can't reflect) and 1320 range (vs 900 range on scepter). Harbi heavily outranges ele, except staff ele which is probably not going to 1v1. And then reflect goes down after a few seconds allowing the 3 pistol skills and 1,2 shroud to be spammed as well. 

Vs a *good harbi player, the answer is that you probably can't kill it from ele unless they make a big misplay. But you can run from them so the fight is by choice. Then add another player or two (x vs x) and Harbi becomes much weaker. Their oppressive strength is just 1v1. 

Edit: Just looked at dates and realized someone necroed the thread. Whatever.

Edited by Zephyrus.9680
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Morvran.8265 said:

Because it's still relevant?

If he makes a new thread people will just tell him there's already this one. There's no winning.

Don't confuse this with general. I agree there a lot of general posters that will do that. And then report. I disagree here and will counter the general peeps since when talking out of date context nercoing threads is bad and wastes time and replies and just creates chaos. Don't do it. Create a new thread if the post is more than a balance patch ago, else you waste time, focus and just create unneeded counter points that are out of date. Doesn't add to value of the conversation, just distracts from it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Morvran.8265 said:

Because it's still relevant?

If he makes a new thread people will just tell him there's already this one. There's no winning.

Now to address your current post. 

What are you using to face it that has issues? 

• Confused 2

I main warrior, but I'm not bad at necro. That said, I dominate with cele harbringer. I was weirded out using it seeing how strong it was. I almost 1v3'd + camp NPC's while playing harbringer. If I was better at line of sight instead of doing my typical ring-a-round-a-rosey or rallied in time off guard death, I would've won.

Celestial Harbringer is bonkers. I kind of like that necro players get to have fun in that way because it reminds me of how Spellbreaker used to be crazy fun when Full Counter could do damage, but holy moly. They should change the name from Harbringer to End Times because it's the end if you go up against it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1