Why is there no filler content? [Merged]

In between Festivals and new content releases, why are there no more Rush Events?

People have requested them on multiple occasions, but to no avail...

Is the rewriting of the backend tool hindering ANet from re-releasing those events?

The many weeks of content drought per year are a bit underwhelming.

For reference:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meta-Event_Rush

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Rush

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Boss_Rush

Ā 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

The whole game is your filler content -and I'd say even moreso when the idea of an event is "do exactly what's already in the game, but get an additional bag here and there", which is the case of the mentioned by you "rush" events.

Ā 

Not sure why this is in SotO subforum. šŸ˜‰

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The whole game is your filler content -and I'd say even moreso when the idea of an event is "do what's already in the game, but get an additional bag here and there".

Not if you have nothing left to do other than your daily Fractal CMs and such for gold. :classic_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not sure why this is in SotO subforum. šŸ˜‰

Because the two weeks in between The Festival of the Four Winds and the release of SotO are demonastrating the need for filler content once more. šŸ˜‰
Ā 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

I never really liked the rush events, so I think itā€™s good that they arenā€™t coming back. I donā€™t need these events to do stuff in game.Ā 
Ā 

9 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Because the two weeks in between The Festival of the Four Winds and the release of SotO are demonastrating the need for filler content once more.

Not really. And itā€™s summer, many are doing other stuff, enjoying the summer and the weather, taking trips. Maybe do the same

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not if you have nothing left to do other than your daily Fractal CMs and such for gold.

You can always log off and do other things, when GW2 no longer offers you anything you want to do. You are not shackled to playing the game. And since GW2 has no subscription, you won't feel like you waste time you paid for, if you don't play.

23 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

choose to help Quaggan

Please don't suggest people to do this horrible atrocity.

These mistakes of nature should take care of themselves.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Make a new character, go Vigil, choose to help Quaggan, and play the Bugged Quaggan Evacuation lottery!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Story-line-Evacuation-bug

11 years and counting!

šŸ˜„ Great idea! Thanks. šŸ˜‰

6 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You can always log off and do other things, when GW2 no longer offers you anything you want to do.

Of course, but I think it is a missed opportunity to not have those filler events more often. They draw players into the game.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Of course, but I think it is a missed opportunity to not have those filler events more often. They draw players into the game.

If Icebrood Saga Champions, EoD and Gyala Delve are anything to go by, their goal does not seem to be to draw players to the game, but to minimally feed the players that will remain anyway.

And for that, weekend events are not necessary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

I never really liked the rush events, so I think itā€™s good that they arenā€™t coming back. I donā€™t need these events to do stuff in game.Ā 
Ā 

Why would you care?

Don't see how it would affect you

Maybe if it was taking the place of something else, but OP stated "filler"

Or if it took up lots of resources, but from a previous thread I read, I think it's sort of just a press of a button almost

Ā 

Edit: fastest confused emoji I've gotten I think. Like seconds after posting. Breaking those records

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Not if you have nothing left to do other than your daily Fractal CMs and such for gold. :classic_rolleyes:

And is launching fractal rush event somehow changing that? It's still not a new activity added to the game. Festivals at least add periodically available content to the game, but those rush events? Not so much.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I don't get how those 'rush events' that just add a bit more loot to existing content is added content?

You can do the exact same content right now and get rewards for it.

Like sure, extra loot is nice. But it doesn't change anything about the gameplay experience of doing that content. It doesn't add anything new.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

The content is already there. Go play it!

I think playing through the complete story and fully doing map completion on 9-13 characters and having done the majority of achievements qualifies me to ask for filler content. šŸ˜‰Ā 

12 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

I don't get how those 'rush events' that just add a bit more loot to existing content is added content?

Okay, fair point. But I think they are fun, because they bring players together.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, fair point. But I think they are fun, because they bring players together.

That was pointed out since the start of the thread, glad it's a fair point now šŸ˜„Ā 

Chances are if you're farming content, you're sticking to one group as long as possible because it's counter-productive to keep jumping between groups every other clear. As such, it doesn't bring players together much more than simply making -or finding- an x fractal farm party. Similarly, did world boss trains become hard to find lately? Because usually they weren't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think the difference is the Rush Events give rewards that include the chance for infusions.Ā  Much more rewards with the chance than usual.Ā 

šŸ‘ This, and the fact that it is fun to do content you wouldn't usually do on a daily basis (or at all) for the duration of those rush events because of the rewards and community feeling.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So it has pretty much nothing to do with actual contentĀ (or the player being veteran and playing xy times through the story, being bored with fractals and so on) or bringing anyone together, it's just "give me lottery tickets to roll for a high value reward" request?

10 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

šŸ‘ This, and the fact that it is fun to do content you wouldn't usually do on a daily basis (or at all) for the duration of those rush events because of the rewards and community feeling.

I don't get it, how does the rush event make that content in any way new or different than it is currently in the game, considering you said you have not much to do other than running daily fractals in the first place?

Of course you're free to request or ask for whatever you want, but the value (not monetary, but in terms of gameplay variety) of those "rush" events always was negligible for me. Asking for "filler content", when that content involves exactly (not even a reskinned copy or w/e) what we have in the game all year round -and it's being run by the players all year round- except it adds a bag is kind of meh.
If they want to have more filler content (which I'm not sure is that needed in the first place, as per what Sigmoid said above), I'd hope it would be something new or at least periodically available.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I'm still surprised anyone wants these, especially calling them filler. I've always thought of filler as something no one likes but you have to get through because it was put in to pad out whatever you bought and make it seem more substantial.

I guess I'm just not the target audience for the rush events; any kind of repetitive grinding is unappealing to me and putting a time limit on it makes it even less interesting, especially if I've got other stuff going on. If work is busy, I'm making plans with friends or I've got other games I can choose to play and the only thing going on is an 'event' pressuring me to grind through standard activities I can do all year round at my own pace I probably won't log in at all. Or I'll do the bare minimum to get whatever exclusive rewards I want, broken up with something that's actually fun.

When GW2 doesn't have a new release or a festival that's my time to either focus on some long-term objectives or play something else entirely, or a bit of both. I guess if I was the type of person who didn't do anything but played GW2 and had a lot of free time I'd eventually end up with nothing else to do, but I think then my solution would be to find another hobby.

I suppose I don't mind the rush events returning, especially if they're a repeat of the previous ones so I can skip them entirely because I've got the rewards I want but I definitely don't want prompts to go and grind whatever repetitive activities are already available.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2