New Amnytas Teaser

Few things I noted:

1. Hope the opening shot is a real location we can get to, maybe location for final map meta boss? 

2. Love these orbs everywhere. I wonder if these are 'Obscures" and will have some interesting world-building attached to them. Orbs are everywhere at a dragon's death, and these could be purified (dragon) magic. 

3. Location at 0.36 being swallowed by Kryptis creep. 3rd map Kyrptis home world? 

I believe this is one of 3 maps we get at launch, other than the wizards tower (hub) and Skywatch Archipelago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

so is this a new city? Will we finally get a new city with festivals and a place to play around with skins and costumes at?

Spoiler

It's actually a new hub

1000 gems 

Edit: But no seriously, joking aside. This map looks cool. 

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

so is this a new city? Will we finally get a new city with festivals and a place to play around with skins and costumes at?

a festival which sells magic potions and every year a magic trick emote... 

with mini magic games and card games 

winter style JP and and and 

that would be a nice breeze of fresh air

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

It does look very city like, and maybe a lot of the map will be non-combat until meta? Would be very cool if it played something like Auric basin. 

It looks like a great map for mini-games, jumping puzzles and flying mount adventures. I believe they have stated these new maps will have lots of adventures at least?

Also looks like there's a big reading / coffee / wizardry vibe and I hope that means that we can get excited about lots of lore drops. I wish to read many 📚 and 📜 . Maybe one day, I will even get to store them in a vault, and revisit them. 

(pls 1 day add library feature and mini games like mini-golem battle 🙏)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Did anyone else notice the golems in this video are the same golems that guarded Lazarus’s imprisonment location?  So maybe there’s some connection to the Mursaat, Shining Blade, Livia, or something. 

I don’t think these golems are used anywhere else except that one story instance and now here. 

They’re called “Guardian of Secrets” or “Guardian Abomination”. 

I really hope it’s not just asset reuse.  And the fact that it’s in the town area means it’s not part of the distortions/rifts, but put there by the characters (I think). 

Edited by Tom.8029
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tom.8029 said:

Did anyone else notice the golems in this video are the same golems that guarded Lazarus’s imprisonment location?  So maybe there’s some connection to the Mursaat, Shining Blade, Livia, or something. 

I don’t think these golems are used anywhere else except that one story instance and now here. 

I really hope it’s not just asset reuse.  And the fact that it’s in the town area means it’s not part of the distortions/rifts, but put there by the characters (I think). 

Yeah I noticed that too, I hope it ties in, it'd be interesting to see Livia in this expansion too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom.8029 said:

Did anyone else notice the golems in this video are the same golems that guarded Lazarus’s imprisonment location?

Yes, although of different colors, but the design is the same.

Very curious whether this will play a part in the story or it's just another lamented "asset reuse". 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Considering the clipping and badly designed Kaineng which features the games worst city by a large margin, then their "hub" in EoD, its hard to get excited by new cities. 

One thing I already noticed is it looks like it will amazingly have less npc's then eod zones. 

• Confused 7

So, it looks like I’m in the minority here, but I wasn’t very impressed with this video. The aesthetic reminds me of high fantasy cities in Korean MMOs,  all gold tracery and spires. It has a sort of prettiness without feeling like it has any character.

It has the feel of current LA.

The starter cities, launch LA, Amnoon all have a ton of personality.

This feels big and glowy, but without wonder.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Tom.8029 said:

From what I remember the Guardians had to do with Abaddon, who was the one who gave humans magic or something to that effect so them having ties to an ancient wizard order that may have been active when he was still around would make some sense.

• Like 1