Literally the only reason I play GW2 is that there is no battlepass...looks like those days are over

2 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

What's the issue? Not like Anet hasn't done these Supply Drops before, but today it's problematic?  

War Eternal Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between April 23 - May 20, 2019.

New Horizons Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 27 - September 23, 2019.

8th Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 25 - September 21, 2020.

9th Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 17 - September 14, 2021.

End of Dragons Launch Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between February 28 - March 28, 2022.

So i have to pay real money to get this stuff? wth

• Confused 5

The only part of a bp is the paid portion and if they are not implementing that then this change is simply transferring rewards from daily logins to daily playing. This hurts alt account spammers and players you login for 2-5 min a day and those people could just as well play a mobile game. (if they don't have a phone use bluestacks) most mobile games are login, play for 10 minutes, log out, repeat. I don't believe gw2 should be like this.

• Like 5

Honestly I prefer the current 2 gold coins x 3 dailies of your choice. Won't mess with the new system if the reward is lower or requires more timne to complete the daily. And by the way, I won't buy SotO on release date (this is a first). Zero new PvP/WvW content means zero interest for me...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm here and I've got an answer for you!

Gold, Laurels, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.

It's a battle pass, and battlepasses either might as well not exist as you passively finish them(like this one seems to be) or completely ruin the game.

They're kind of a gigantic waste of development time, and usually only worth it due to the premium aspect. There's no premium aspect to this one, so I think Anet just wasted resources on a useless system.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

It's a battle pass, and battlepasses either might as well not exist as you passively finish them(like this one seems to be) or completely ruin the game.

They're kind of a gigantic waste of development time, and usually only worth it due to the premium aspect. There's no premium aspect to this one, so I think Anet just wasted resources on a useless system.

I think they shouldn't have compared it to a battlepass. It really isn't 🙄

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I think they shouldn't have compared it to a battlepass. It really isn't 🙄

A lot will depend on the implementation, which they've only teased us with...being only a week out from the expansion, it would have been wiser to go into more detail at this point instead of release more teasers.  Give us the meat of the mechanics!  It won't be good if it ends up like other games where the battle pass season ends and if you didn't grind enough points for a particular reward, then your points disappear and you have to try again next season.  I think it's the reset feature in a lot of battle pass seasons/cycles that is the most frustrating part...you don't get the better rewards unless you go full tilt rather than continue as a casual player.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Literally the only reason I play GW2 is that there is no battlepass...looks like those days are over

The Wizard's Vault isn't a battle pass. Or it's a very GW2 take on the 'battle pass' in that it doesn't work at all like a traditional battle pass.

• You can't pay into it
  • Cosmetics never go away (out of season ones get more expensive)
  • Nothing is a targeted prize, everything is on the table: you work for exactly what you want to get
  • Unlike the daily system now that works 'daily' you can do as much or as little as you want: go ham for hours on end at the whole list or play for an hour a day

Pretty interesting change overall. I like it personally. Only thing I'm kind of concerned about is how the daily as it is now generally directed traffic to lesser played maps on a daily basis. This new smorgasbord of do all the things and do anything you want will spill players indiscriminately. Or as nature compels; the path of the easiest gains.

Players will eventually find that 'combo' of stuff to do to get reward currency the fastest and do only those things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

As I'm sure people have beat me to it, but I'm going to parrot it.

This isn't a seasonal battle pass as we know it; it's season pass esque WITHOUT paying money for it. It's literally the best version of one.

Imagine not paying money for battle passes. I couldn't fathom it either, LOL.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I caught up with the @Rubi Bayer.8493 posts. It still sounds like there will be a 'traditional' daily that changes around.

As long as those direct traffic to the various maps in the world and the wizard gold is reasonable enough compared to what min/maxers eventually manage to curate with the broader system (or regardless because min/maxers won't skip out on a daily chance to get  m o r e  currency), nothing will really change except that dedicated players can work for more currency and more rewards outside of the 'traditional' daily.

And that's grand. Couldn't be happier if I have that right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I caught up with the @Rubi Bayer.8493 posts. It still sounds like there will be a 'traditional' daily that changes around.

As long as those direct traffic to the various maps in the world and the wizard gold is reasonable enough compared to what min/maxers eventually manage to curate with the broader system (or regardless because min/maxers won't skip out on a daily chance to get  m o r e  currency), nothing will really change except that dedicated players can work for more currency and more rewards outside of the 'traditional' daily.

And that's grand. Couldn't be happier if I have that right.

Well there wont be a traditional daily you will have to buy the rewards from that with the astral currency you now earn doing the new dailies.

That you can chose pve,wvw or spvp or a mix of 2 or 3.

So yea expect less rewards but you can target what you want.

And no useless luck daily rewards like you can get currently.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well there wont be a traditional daily

'Traditional' in the sense that a daily set of objectives rotates and gets traffic to some map or another. As I understand it there's a completely different set of things to do in terms of weeklies, monthly, etc, that isn't tied to that rotation that is there to do as you please. The rewards being equivalent in the new currency and better if you do all the other stuff outside of that basic rotation.

14 minutes ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

'Traditional' in the sense that a daily set of objectives rotates and gets traffic to some map or another. As I understand it there's a completely different set of things to do in terms of weeklies, monthly, etc, that isn't tied to that rotation that is there to do as you please. The rewards being equivalent in the new currency and better if you do all the other stuff outside of that basic rotation.

Well they havent specified but we got a vague answer that there wont be a 1-1 conversion so expect worse rewards mate.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135175-discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizard’s-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/page/14/#comment-1963131

6 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've been keeping an eye on the discussion and can clarify a couple more things quickly. The Wizard's Vault is not a 1:1 exact copy of the existing system. Our goal is for the Wizard's Vault to build upon the current rewards system, offering you more flexibility when choosing your rewards, and a wide variety of rewards earned through gameplay.

You'll be able to experience it firsthand in less than a week--we're almost there!

4 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I wonder if we will still get the 2 gold from completing the daily one.  Doing dailies is one of my favorite activities. 

Pretty sure you will. From the article:

"You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement."

I assume this means you can still earn the 2 gold and 10 achievement points from Daily Completionist (since that's all the achievement does!)

CORRECTION: from another thread apparently Daily Competionist still gives the 10 achievement points but the 2 gold isn't part of it anymore and instead you can choose to get gold as Wizard's Vault rewards.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Pretty sure you will. From the article:

"You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement."

I assume this means you can still earn the 2 gold and 10 achievement points from Daily Completionist (since that's all the achievement does!)

As I said in the other thread yes what you linked there is talking about the AP reward.

Not the 2 gold tho a red post have already said you have to buy that for the astral aclaim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well they havent specified but we got a vague answer that there wont be a 1-1 conversion so expect worse rewards mate.

That doesn't mean the rewards will be worse. It's an entirely new system so of course it's not 1:1. If it was 1:1 there wouldn't be much of a point to changing it in the first place. You're skipping over the bits that mention how the system is expanding overall and assuming it'll be worse than what we have now.

If they managed to make it worse than what was already there that would be quite the accomplishment! I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/16/2023 at 6:32 AM, Einsof.1457 said:
GW2 players are very naive. You are insulated from the live service disease that has plagued online gaming since Destiny 1. You are letting the trojan horse in

Or you're just being cynical.
I remember when ascended gear came out.  People were freaking, arguing that this is the beginning of the slippery slope. They've introduced a new tier of gear, when they said they wouldn't and now it will be gear grind all the way down.  It never happened.

Maybe people aren't being naive, because we've seen in example of it before and it didn't happen. Maybe a chicken can just be a chicken.

Edited by Vayne.8563
typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Imagine 4 seasons go by and now you are just starting your seasonal currency wallet. You know you won't ever have everything and you are now stressed because you have to choose paying more for what you really want vs more cheaper stuff you kind of want..do you not see how this spirals out of control?

Barely. You can't really make the assessment until after you see the prices and how much currency you get imo. Like if they let you earn way more currency than needed for those rewards, then it may not matter, you just get less of the other stuff (like mats or whatever else it gives). 

I'll say it like this: no other battle pass I've encountered let me go back to the previous season's rewards and earn them. Ever. It could be weak fomo just like the daily login rewards. Are they valuable? Sure. Will you be stuck if you forget to get them for  a while? Absolutely not. 

They probably feel stuck between a rock and a hard place because so many other gaming companies use battle passes to lock in players. This looks like anet trying to rework the system to compete but also not leave the bad, used flavor other BPs have. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 2