SottO shows how bad Rev core weapons are

Shiyo.3578

9 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

PvP isn't a supported game mode.

PvE being ruined due to PvP(hi hammer, shiro, malyx) is a real issue. PvP is an afterthought and needs to stop making the game less fun for PvE players(the main game mode).

The real thing ruined PvE is RAID, Anet always mixing pure PvE and RAID together.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Disagree. Everyone knows how bad Core Rev weapons are even before SOTO. 
Anet did alot of kneejerk changes to Core for the faults of Especs and never got around reverting or easing these changes, period. 

Some examples:

Rev doing fast burst damage with IO Sword 4: Kneejerk change to nerf Sword 4 windup speed. 

IO lost Quickness, increase cooldown of PT in PVP, still retains slow Sword 4 speed. 

Rev doing huge unreactable damage with Staff 5 + IO: Kneejerk change to add a long windup which has 0 tracking to Staff 5.

Staff 5 lost all of its damage in competitive, still retains long windup with 0 track. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Some examples:

Rev doing fast burst damage with IO Sword 4: Kneejerk change to nerf Sword 4 windup speed. 

IO lost Quickness, increase cooldown of PT in PVP, still retains slow Sword 4 speed. 

the impossible odds changed happened first tho

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:31 PM, otto.5684 said:

Buffing s/s damage a bit would be cool, but honestly, it aint bad. Staff is… I dunno. It is technically a support weapon. It could use a bit of a buff. Hammer needs an entire rework. It is currently kitten.

Well its somewhat decent to fill health bar IMO, staff 5 can heal alies as well when traited with the heal when cc targets from salvation but is a bit hard to push that often, so maybe a QoL a minor one but m8 be bit to soon lets wait till the new toys drop.

Edit: yest staff 5 can be made to make green numbers, the trait for it makes puny heals but it has no ICD.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:59 AM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Gsword completely replaces Sword/Sword

Mace is meh, axe is meh. Optimal for condi but not good.

Staff is a 1 trick pony or healbot weapon, and you shouldn't really play healer rev because it gives up ALL damage to heal.

Hammer was nerfed due to a dead abandoned game mode, which is really dumb.

Shortbow is an amazing ranged power OR condi weapon, Greatsword is an amazing melee power weapon.

It's time to update Rev core weapons. I'm sure other classes(especially ele!) have this same exact issue with their awful core weapon selection.

What if I don't *want* to do damage as a healer? What if I don't want to participate in that stupid, unidimensional arms race that is "DPS"?

I swear gamers are so, so *boring*.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Batalix.2873 said:

What if I don't *want* to do damage as a healer? What if I don't want to participate in that stupid, unidimensional arms race that is "DPS"?

I swear gamers are so, so *boring*.

Pacifist characters have no place in games.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The only weapon I can truly say is dead for Revenant is hammer

The fact that that weapon is so terrible that many Rev mains forgot they can even use it shows how bad that particular weapon is at this moment in time

Best thing about weaponmaster training is being able to dump that thing until ArenaNet gets the message and fixes it.

I for one look forward to using hammer in 2027.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Best thing about weaponmaster training is being able to dump that thing until ArenaNet gets the message and fixes it.

I for one look forward to using hammer in 2027.

The fact that we're relying on Rene for SB access just shows how bad Hammer is. It took WM Training to get a viable ranged weapon

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

The fact that we're relying on Rene for SB access just shows how bad Hammer is. It took WM Training to get a viable ranged weapon

Yeah, even before you get to usability issues, SB is a good enough hybrid weapon that it's better even for power builds. That's partly because SB's faster attack rate means that it gets more benefit out of things like Impossible Odds and lifesteal, but that just emphasises the problem: hammer doesn't synergise well with the other features that you might find on power revenant builds, while shortbow does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

It means pve needs more intensive encounters.

Tall order in this day and age.

Shield is without a doubt good as it is but could be better in the teamwork aspect. It wouldn't hurt much to make the healing/cleansing effect work in an 360 radius for the 5th and 4th cleansing to work on teammates if it doesn't already.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Shield is without a doubt good as it is but could be better in the teamwork aspect. It wouldn't hurt much to make the healing/cleansing effect work in an 360 radius for the 5th and 4th cleansing to work on teammates if it doesn't already.

Honestly if they just passed off the healing into a 360 radius for both self and teammates it would be a fine weapon for healers in PvE 

On 8/26/2023 at 4:49 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

hammer doesn't synergise well with the other features that you might find on power revenant builds, while shortbow does.

There's a lot more hidden under the hood that's not obvious, regardless with anyone that has enough experience using it, they'll easily agree some skills are too slow and IO used to be the thing that would make it all better until the Quickness got removed.

HB and DTH are in need of being sped up in that regard if there can't be any easy source of quickness.

It's a fair point that extra hit on hit favors more hits per second. Wouldn't be the same if the extra hit was relative to the first hit damage.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, Shao.7236 said:

(edited due engrish levels were to high)

Add a minor heal to the shield 4 "boomerang projectile" that heals alies between players and the aoe, and shield 5 could have  a team effect as well something non boon maybe could shield 5  apply a facet that improves regen intake on allies, when paired with druids this would be a decent mix?

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

Mace, mainhand sword, offhand sword, and axe all seem find to me in terms of their design and performance, at least in competitive modes. OP, what changes do you think they could use? Shield and hammer are really the only 2 weapons that stand out to me as a bit behind the times of powercreep. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not sure about making hammer feel better as it’s design theme is heavy hitting but slow, now without the heavy hitting aspect xD. I do however have some idea changes for shield.

shield 4 - steal guardians shield 4 animation and aoe so it’ll be a frontal cone skill. It still applies healing and protection to allies, but now will also do some base damage and apply burning, possibly chill. Those tend to be glint’s theme of conditions. Should help cut down on how janky that heal can be at times with its slow travel time and all that. 

shield 5 - they can either have it pulse the healing to allies and it’d be fine. However I think they should keep the pulsing heal to yourself, but add a flip over detonate skill that “explodes” the crystal shell. This could be where they add a group heal and then add a knock back to it as well. I wish we could move with shield in this day and age but having the option to end it early (other than stowing/swapping) would be appreciated and the added cc would feel nice in the kit. 

• Like 1

Something that I think would be pretty neat for shield 4 is to also have it grant some sort of empowering effect on yourself dependent on the legend it is used in. What they did with empowering Ventari skills is such a cool idea that I'd like to see further integrated into Rev's kit. In terms of what this could look like for other legends, I think it could be largely based on Ancient Echo/True Nature. Just some ideas:

-Ventari: Grant 1 stack of Tranquil for your next Ventari skill. 

-Mallyx: Grants immunity to damaging condis for X seconds OR causes your next strike to transfer X conditions

-Jalis: Grants Right of the Great Dwarf on yourself for X seconds 

-Shiro: Grants you X stacks of unblockable OR causes your next X strikes to lifesteal

-Glint: Extends boons on yourself by X seconds 

-Alliance: Empowers the active effect of your next dodge by X%

-Kalla: Empowers your Kalla's Fervor effect by X% for X seconds

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1