Astral Acclaim limit of 1300 in Wizard's Vault [Merged]

Zok.4956

I'd +1 increasing the cap, at least to 1500 or 2k, enough to avoid the situation where I don't have enough to buy the thing I want, but too much to claim an outstanding reward and buy that thing without buying something else first. After they add the fourth daily this will be my only real remaining complaint with the new system, minor as it is . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

When they say the exclusive skins that you don't manage to buy this season will still be in the vault for the next season but at a higher price, I would hope the mount skin that costs 1k AA this season doesn't end up costing more than 1,300 next season...unless they take layaway plans? 😉

How could it? If 1,300 is the maximum you can hold that has to also be the maximum any item can cost, otherwise it would be impossible to buy it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

How could it? If 1,300 is the maximum you can hold that has to also be the maximum any item can cost, otherwise it would be impossible to buy it.

That was their (sarcastic) point.

Personally I would have liked to see the older stuff go down in price, not up. There is no catching up if older stuff gets more expensive with time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, phandaria.4891 said:

I would like to save up for future potential skins that I might like, but unable due to this 1300 cap

That's pretty much the entire reason they created a cap in the first place. They don't want people to stockpile the currency to just buy up everything as soon as the new quarter drops. You are meant to actively play and use the currency as the seasons go by, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Half expecting them to increase the cap each season to allow for legacy items to be at least double of what they originally were.  Probably up to a point like 5-10k acclaim.

1 minute ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

That's pretty much the entire reason they created a cap in the first place. They don't want people to stockpile the currency to just buy up everything as soon as the new quarter drops. You are meant to actively play and use the currency as the seasons go by, and there's nothing wrong with that.

True, as it is as battle pass system so acclaim probably will reset each quarter too.  Agree and think the cap doubles as a reminder to spend it rather than save it.  

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Personally I would have liked to see the older stuff go down in price, not up. There is no catching up if older stuff gets more expensive with time.

Yeah, I find it to be kinda weird. I get that they're trying to instill FOMO, but it goes against how things typically work.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I'm a little neutral on whether the legacy rewards should be more or less expensive, but I'd say it's definitely still possible to catch up even when they are more expensive. It's already possible to buy *most* of the rewards without even doing a full clear of AA each season, and if you remove all the random noob traps that are a blatant waste of AA from the equation (essence of gold, obsidian shards, revive orbs, etc.) then the gap shortens even further.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, PyaKura.4895 said:

That's the point though, they don't want you to hoard AA indefinitely so you have to actually engage with the system and keep playing to obtain the rewards you want for any given quarter.

No offence to you specifically, and the new rewards system definitely needs to be improved upon, but I find it funny that many arguments and complaints on these forums seem to promote as much inactivity as possible instead of just playing the game.

Every argument I hear against the new system is literally a perfect example of how the system is effective and doing what it's intended to do lol

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

I'm a little neutral on whether the legacy rewards should be more or less expensive, but I'd say it's definitely still possible to catch up even when they are more expensive. It's already possible to buy *most* of the rewards without even doing a full clear of AA each season, and if you remove all the random noob traps that are a blatant waste of AA from the equation (essence of gold, obsidian shards, revive orbs, etc.) then the gap shortens even further.

Fair enough. I really wish the system didn't have "noob traps" at all.

It remains to be seen by how much the items increase in cost as well.

22 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Fair enough. I really wish the system didn't have "noob traps" at all.

It remains to be seen by how much the items increase in cost as well.

Yea I dont see why you can buy luck for aa and the +1% gold find valued as much as a legendary starter kit when all it affect is the few coppers that may drop when you kill monsters is awful aswell.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea I dont see why you can buy luck for aa and the +1% gold find valued as much as a legendary starter kit when all it affect is the ew coppers that may drop when you kill monsters is awful aswell.

Yea, the gold find is terrible, and they cut it down to just 1% instead of the 2 we used to get. I don't know who was in change of that decision, but they seem to not know how the gold find actually works (to have valued it so highly).
The luck isn't even one of the better ones. 50 luck is basically nothing. And they seem to have valued it the same as 1g. That's...sad.

• Like 4

It is an okay system but 1300 is a bit limiting. Especailly if you are trying to save for the 1,000 but you cant cash in the extra AA because of the very limited cap of 1300. I was actually afraid that I may overcap and lose out on AA but someone said you get a warning which is good. At least make it a minimum of 1500. It's probably just the feeling of the terrible rewards now in the rewards system so it does make you feel like you want to horde more and save it for a better rotation.

There are a lot of noob traps in the rewards and some of them just don't make sense. Like I don't see the value of buying Mystic Clovers from the rewards system. It's such a low value considering how easy you can get the materials to throw in the toilet, let alone Raids/Fractals/strikes/other methods. Luck? Pssh, just salvage all day and you will get way more than in the rewards. 100x more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya know...they could allow us to POOL into rewards we want and make it a progress system. If the item goes out of rotation, it KEEPS progress of what we spent into it with AC Points 👈 even if it goes into higher cost with legacy rewards...

It's a win win 🏆: work on rewards you want, spend without reaching cap. If it's 15k AC P, and you put 12k into it before it goes into legacy, it'll have the system remember this so next come around, you can finish topping it off to buy it, no points go to waste and you can still keep earning AC P.   🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Ya know...they could allow us to POOL into rewards we want and make it a progress system. If the item goes out of rotation, it KEEPS progress of what we spent into it with AC Points 👈 even if it goes into higher cost with legacy rewards...

It's a win win 🏆: work on rewards you want, spend without reaching cap. If it's 15k AC P, and you put 12k into it before it goes into legacy, it'll have the system remember this so next come around, you can finish topping it off to buy it, no points go to waste and you can still keep earning AC P.   🤷‍♂️ 

And this is needed why?

when everything is 1k or less and you can have 30¤ more max then that now so dont really see the need to pool anything.

This is a solution looking for a problem.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PyaKura.4895 said:

That's the point though, they don't want you to hoard AA indefinitely so you have to actually engage with the system and keep playing to obtain the rewards you want for any given quarter.

No offence to you specifically, and the new rewards system definitely needs to be improved upon, but I find it funny that many arguments and complaints on these forums seem to promote as much inactivity as possible instead of just playing the game.

I think the problem isn't that players like OP don't understand why the system is the way it is, it's just that there are still some gamer's left who have this strange idea in their mind of buying a video game and to then being able to have a good time, playing it when they want and how they want, and getting a full and fun experience out of that. 

From the PoV of being a psychologists guinea pig in the endless little Live Service schemes to maximise player retention and spending, this certainly makes complete sense though, yes.  

Nothing screams fun more than being prevented from earning more ingame currency for the things you are doing unless you buy things you don't actually want first, and being pressured with future price increases on everything you don't grind for and buy now, and next rotation, and ever more thereafter - Promoting activity, providing a service, pride and accomplishment.. or something.

It is quite outrageous that a player would want to promote inactivity in such a heinous way as to want to play the game when they feel like it, and then spend their ingame earnings on whatever actually provides them enjoyment down the line.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If someone cares about AA, they don't stop at 6.

40AA can be seen as 1.33 gold. Hardly a big reward if it means doing a jumping puzzle or an activity you do not want to do (imagine trying to do obsidian sanctum jumping puzzle when there are loads of enemy gankers - you can farm 1.33g much more efficiently somewhere else).

The 1300 AA cap exists so you can skip AA without feeling bad - once you acquire the shinnies and the efficient gold/materials/resources you can go for the crap ones or just skip it.

With a cap AA can be valued at the 1g bag per 30AA or worse. Without it AA would be valued at the highest level.

It also limites economy swings at the start of the season by making players choose between skin rewards or gold/material rewards. Still one can see the impact the legendary chest had on those 4 precursors/legendary weapon values or how mystic coin value went down from 1.66g to 1.2g and now is going up to 1.35.

As long as there is enough AA to acquire the big ticket items during a season, it seems fair.

Edited by Swoo.5079
  • Confused 2

I would have liked to first play the full season. Then buy stuff before the season ends. To see how much I could accumulate first - then cash in. They probably do not want this. Since there is kind of an uncertainty (I am pretty sure I can do most dailies and weeklies but you never know if some health issues or accidents happen) you need to prioritize ... getting the more interesting stuff first. (Being at risk to lose out on the more casual stuff like th few extra gold and stuff.)

If people make a decision to mix here (few gold, few exclusive skin and/or gem store stuff) and end up with less time to play (mising out on dailies and weeklies) they might end up having to buy more stuff at the gem store. While with the option to accumulate more they would just say at the end. Oh well ... I'll just get all the exclusive + gem store stuff and for the gold I just grind some more the normal way.

Though I can't imagine anyone to mix here ... I fully go for the exclusive stuff first anyways. Got the build storage expansion upgrade, the 2 templat upgrades, the griffon skin and the bless emote for now. Next I'll decide between the legendary starter kit, the 2 gold find essences + the weapon/armor (sanctified) skins - here maybe switching a bit between those. After that filling up with gold/laurels maybe.

The thing with carrying over (big limit and then not buying anything now and buying a ton at the start of next season directly - where it could affect the economy) might also be a reason. Though that could easily be countered by resetting the acclaim at each season start. (Or introducing the cap only for the carry-over. Letting you gather an unmlimited amount but when the seacon changes only let 1300 carry over into the next one.)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I would have liked to first play the full season. Then buy stuff before the season ends. To see how much I could accumulate first - then cash in. They probably do not want this. Since there is kind of an uncertainty (I am pretty sure I can do most dailies and weeklies but you never know if some health issues or accidents happen) you need to prioritize ... getting the more interesting stuff first. (Being at risk to lose out on the more casual stuff like th few extra gold and stuff.)

If people make a decision to mix here (few gold, few exclusive skin and/or gem store stuff) and end up with less time to play (mising out on dailies and weeklies) they might end up having to buy more stuff at the gem store. While with the option to accumulate more they would just say at the end. Oh well ... I'll just get all the exclusive + gem store stuff and for the gold I just grind some more the normal way.

Though I can't imagine anyone to mix here ... I fully go for the exclusive stuff first anyways. Got the build storage expansion upgrade, the 2 templat upgrades, the griffon skin and the bless emote for now. Next I'll decide between the legendary starter kit, the 2 gold find essences + the weapon/armor (sanctified) skins - here maybe switching a bit between those. After that filling up with gold/laurels maybe.

The thing with carrying over (big limit and then not buying anything now and buying a ton at the start of next season directly - where it could affect the economy) might also be a reason. Though that could easily be countered by resetting the acclaim at each season start. (Or introducing the cap only for the carry-over. Letting you gather an unmlimited amount but when the seacon changes only let 1300 carry over into the next one.)

Maybe it's because I'm used to having limited time to play and so being unable to get all the rewards from any system but the first thing I did when I opened the Wizard's Vault was look through the rewards and build a kind of mental 'shopping list' of priority items, now I'm slowly working through them. I've got the griffon skin, I'm going to get the sandals soon, then the gloves (I'm not sure about the shoulder skin, I don't like that as much) and so on.

The only reason I could see myself buying a lower priority item (especially stuff I can get elsewhere like gold and mystic clovers) is if I couldn't claim an aa reward because it would take me over the cap. But I've got the griffon now and everything else I want is much cheaper so that seems unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Maybe it's because I'm used to having limited time to play and so being unable to get all the rewards from any system but the first thing I did when I opened the Wizard's Vault was look through the rewards and build a kind of mental 'shopping list' of priority items, now I'm slowly working through them. I've got the griffon skin, I'm going to get the sandals soon, then the gloves (I'm not sure about the shoulder skin, I don't like that as much) and so on.

The only reason I could see myself buying a lower priority item (especially stuff I can get elsewhere like gold and mystic clovers) is if I couldn't claim an aa reward because it would take me over the cap. But I've got the griffon now and everything else I want is much cheaper so that seems unlikely.

My shopping list was easy. Tomes first, 6 aa gold, clovers. I got the Emote on a whim when I got close to the cap after doing several of the seasonals. When I get close to the cap again I'll buy the griffon skin. When I get close again I might buy the armor skins. The mastery chest gives 1g items though, so I may just buy those up to sell the items.

I really wish the Tomes did not have a purchase cap... Really in need of spirit shards at the moment. I also really wish there was a Karma consumable item in the bunch.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Swoo.5079 said:

You definitely should get the legendary starter kit, regardless of having those legendaries or not.

Is that because I could sell the legendary?

If so I might get it but not until I've got all the WV exclusive items I want. It would be hassle to turn it into gold because I'd have to get all the other stuff and then sell it (and the price of those legendaries has already dropped quite a bit) so it would have to be a medium/long term project for me and I'm not keen on doing that now just to get gold.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

If so I might get it but not until I've got all the WV exclusive items I want. It would be hassle to turn it into gold because I'd have to get all the other stuff and then sell it (and the price of those legendaries has already dropped quite a bit) so it would have to be a medium/long term project for me and I'm not keen on doing that now just to get gold.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/conversions/astral-acclaim

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

You get quite a bit of the legendary - you basically need to get the gift of mastery (the gift of exploration and the gift of battle are the hardest bits) and 77 clovers, 250 ectos and either the gift of magic or the gift of might.

If you don't have the legendaries, getting them is quite a good account progress.

• Like 2