Make Gift of Battle avaliable in PvE

GoE: ~15-20h+ of mindnumbing, dedicated work to hunt out hearts to do events, poi's and vistas all over the maps
GoB: ~8h (max) of barely even having to fight players because you get progress passively every tick.

= The PvE forums still having a complaint post about the hardships of GoB every other month.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, N I Z M O R.2950 said:

cause it's hard to do WvW reward track due to bad server.

Which server?

You could do it the very boring way and flip the spawn camps south of alpine borderlands. That's just PvE.
Get the wvw buff from guild hall and use the reward track boost upgrade/infusion (laurels guy on any wvw map) for your amulet.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, N I Z M O R.2950 said:

Please, make it accessible in PvE, cause it's hard to do WvW reward track due to bad server. And I think it's stupid, that I need to do WvW in craft PvE item.

Legendaries aren't PvE items. That's just your personal perspective, but unfortunately it's objectively wrong. We use weapons, armor and trinkets in every game mode, not just PvE. They are meant for the entire game (why else have WvW and PvP specific legendary armor?).

Did you forget to check the other active threads on the GoB? There are several right now. And I'm not even talking about the myriad of ancient threads dealing with this topic. As a PvE player myself, I would also have to say: no. You want a legendary? Do what you need to do to get it. Don't want to do one of those things? No legendary for you then. But really, a GoB is not difficult to get at all.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I have a feeling that Anet will eventually give in to these casuals in the next several mini expansions. 

If so, since we already have a lv80 booster, why not just offer something like a  Premium WvW progress potion for 800 gems each? This will help boosting the game financially.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Please, make it accessible in PvE, cause it's hard to do WvW reward track due to bad server. And I think it's stupid, that I need to do WvW in craft PvE item.

No thanks. If you are on a bad server you can always transfer to a better server. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Thinking that whatever you're crafting is somehow "a pve item" is your first mistake here.

I thnk it's a bad idea, the gift of battle is the minimal required wvw gameplay achievable by pretty much anyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

GoB should return to the vendor for 600 badges of honor, so you have to play WvW, but at least you can get your gift at any moment.

I think WvW wouldn't get hurt. Casuals don't participate much, run proper builds or even roam, they're just teleporting back to the main base, because no one likes to be ganked. We are mostly running from camp to camp, avoiding other players, or afking, taking your space, so you have to wait in queue.

Edited by Antycypator.9874
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

GoB should return to the vendor for 600 badges of honor, so you have to play WvW, but at least you can get your gift at any moment.

I think WvW wouldn't get hurt. Casuals don't participate much, run proper builds or even roam, they're just teleporting back to the main base, because no one likes to be ganked. We are mostly running from camp to camp, avoiding other players, or afking, taking your space, so you have to wait in queue.

But wouldn’t you casuals just do the same you do now to get the 600 badges? 
I don’t understand why you don’t participate while you are in WvW.

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

But wouldn’t you casuals just do the same you do now to get the 600 badges? 
I don’t understand why you don’t participate while you are in WvW.

Because it isn't fun for the average PvE player. I personally will go look up a build on metabattle and try to contribute but the average PvE player is there against their will for the reward only 🤷‍♂️ I put in a ton of WvW time years back when I really tried to get into it. If I could use badges instead from back then, I probably would do that instead of the reward track now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

WvW can be chill, then u can control your "effort", if don't like fights... also theres lots of cheese builds for wvw.

theres lot of reward tracks boosters too(infusion, guild bonus, celebratory bonuses). i don't remind if the new vendor(duncan) have some sort of reward track potion.  

with GOE u have no options, no shortcuts, only delay to don't become crazy....... 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just do what I used to do, which is the roaming salesman method.  Basically, I empty out all of the materials in my bank that I want to sell, then I go into the borderlands and run around the edges capturing camps and sentries.  The entire time, I have a window open scrunched up the left side of the screen that I'm using to sell all of the materials I've got, while I auto-run from objective to objective.  It can take quite awhile, but in WvW you get a lot from time dedication.  You'll pick up a lot of materials, karma, and gold while doing this, and you'll get reward track experience

Sometimes you'll get attacked by other players.  In that case, mash buttons and hope you win.  You just might surprise yourself with how many players you'll bury along the way.  There's a wide skill variety for players in WvW, ranging from 1v3 nigh undefeatable to players I've beaten with one hand due to cat related interference.  

• Haha 1

Legendaries are supposed to be something that is time-consuming to work towards. That's why they are a legendary. I think Anet did the wrong thing putting a legendary weapon starter pack in the WV. Giving the gift in there means you don't have to run dungeons any more. You're already being given a gift that removes part of the activities people had to do for a legendary - 100 currency per run (explorable mode), limited to 100 per day, and you needed 500 to buy the gift from the dungeon vendor.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Legendaries are supposed to be something that is time-consuming to work towards. That's why they are a legendary. I think Anet did the wrong thing putting a legendary weapon starter pack in the WV. Giving the gift in there means you don't have to run dungeons any more. You're already being given a gift that removes part of the activities people had to do for a legendary - 100 currency per run (explorable mode), limited to 100 per day, and you needed 500 to buy the gift from the dungeon vendor.

And they can only do this once, with a limited amount of gen 1 legendary weapons. After that they'll have to do all the things every one of us did to make more. Plus, the rest of it might not be difficult to get, but it is either time consuming or requires a lot of gold, for which people have to play the game. I really don't see what the problem is here.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

And they can only do this once, with a limited amount of gen 1 legendary weapons. After that they'll have to do all the things every one of us did to make more. Plus, the rest of it might not be difficult to get, but it is either time consuming or requires a lot of gold, for which people have to play the game. I really don't see what the problem is here.

I predict that each season will bring a legendary weapon starter kit. And all the previous ones will still be available for between 1001 and 1300 AA. So they can do this over and over again.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

I predict that each season will bring a legendary weapon starter kit. And all the previous ones will still be available for between 1001 and 1300 AA. So they can do this over and over again.

Even if that's the case, it's hardly enough to significantly impact the game's economy. One legendary gen 1 weapon per quarter is nothing. They still have to work to get the actual legendary weapon. It'll take almost 5 years to make all gen 1 legendary weapons this way. For armor and trinkets they'll still need to put in all the work, without handouts. Personally I don't see the problem with giving away half a gen 1 legendary weapon per 3 months (and this is assuming that all gen 1 weapons will get their turn). 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

it is not limited anymore you can do all the dungeon paths and get the currency for any gift since its all unified now.

Yes. Even under the new combined-dungeon currency way, it was 100 dungeon currency per day for explorable mode. You still had to do dungeons. The need to do that content has been removed. That was my point - people don't need to do any dungeons any more.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Even if that's the case, it's hardly enough to significantly impact the game's economy. One legendary gen 1 weapon per quarter is nothing. They still have to work to get the actual legendary weapon. It'll take almost 5 years to make all gen 1 legendary weapons this way. For armor and trinkets they'll still need to put in all the work, without handouts. Personally I don't see the problem with giving away half a gen 1 legendary weapon per 3 months (and this is assuming that all gen 1 weapons will get their turn). 

It makes them not-legendary from the perspective of the ease in getting them.