Will we ever see a downstate rebalancing?

I was wondering if we will see something like that in the future.

I didnt play many classes but if I compare some downstates to others im like eh for real?

I think biggest winners by far are Rangers with their pets, Power mesmers if they can get their phantasm off, Warriors if they can get to their revive and necros ofc :x 

Middle ground feels like belongs to guardians. 

For me personally the L goes to thiefs, elementalists, revenants, engineers. 

What do you think of it besides the occasional kitten that will storm this topic? ❤️ 

Edited by chaoslordlol.3165
just because I can
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Ele mist form should be up top.   Can’t tell you how many times they down and just mist form into a tower and self res.   Belongs on the top.    Only down state that it op in ranger.   They have too many options to get back up with pet skills still being able to used.   I think before hot it didn’t matter but with the new pets that can interrupt and dmg you during a stomp and the ranger themself can interrupt a stomp.   It’s just a lot.  I doubt engi mech was even a consideration when making the spec.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Everytime it is just painful for me to see that most people do not know how to take a few steps back when low, get punished by a downstate and give value to some when in reality (almost) every downstate is good.

Thief has 2 ways to deal with a stomp (1 being mobility) and a really strong auto.

Ele is, despite the popular belief is really strong. In 1V1? Sure it is not impressive. You will not get a kill or a big hit with it. If you can make a decap / hold happen then you made it worth. But with an ally nearby or a in teamfight? This allows to win most downstate wars since you can avoid cleave, relocate and gain precious seconds. Landing the immob can also lead to a free kill for your allies. I have seen (and experienced) so many rezzed or won teamfights because of it.

Necro should also not be left alone in teamfights. The auto deals good damage and it stabilizes for sooooo long.

To me the only weak downstates are engineer and revenant.

Engineer would be good if 2 and 3 were swapped.

Rev can get some meme into walls (I hate that) or off a ledge but not much else. 3 can hit hard but it is rare because it is slow.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Ele mist form should be up top.   Can’t tell you how many times they down and just mist form into a tower and self res.   Belongs on the top.    Only down state that it op in ranger.   They have too many options to get back up with pet skills still being able to used.   I think before hot it didn’t matter but with the new pets that can interrupt and dmg you during a stomp and the ranger themself can interrupt a stomp.   It’s just a lot.  I doubt engi mech was even a consideration when making the spec.

Lol. 

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve tried to do that and came up an inch short or had a guard staff barrier block the entrance.

Most of the time you’re just delaying a future death in the tower anyway. Idk. Way bigger concerns like necro, occasionally guard, and mostly ranger.

Nothing like getting a ranger into down state and getting pelted with cc spam while they rapidly revive.

Only other significant downstate is a power chrono/mes if they’re able to get you to downstate from skill 3 or finish you off but I’m assuming it’s been nerfed as I haven’t had this happen in years.

• Like 1

I don't want downstate to ever be removed, unless it is for a 4vs4 Team Deathmatch mini season which would be nice to have. Even then, removing downstate just removes another strategic element from the game.

We are in desperate need of a new gamemode. I don't know why the old TDM was removed it was honestly fun when in a competitive group.

2v2's mini season should be replaced anyways. 2s is far too imbalanced.

Edited by Saiyan.1704

23 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I don't want downstate to ever be removed, unless it is for a 4vs4 Team Deathmatch mini season which would be nice to have. Even then, removing downstate just removes another strategic element from the game.

We are in desperate need of a new gamemode. I don't know why the old TDM was removed it was honestly fun when in a competitive group.

2v2's mini season should be replaced anyways. 2s is far too imbalanced.

Team death match was removed due to the factor you could get into the spawn points, so first team downed literally got camped

2 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Team death match was removed due to the factor you could get into the spawn points, so first team downed literally got camped

Lol, and fixing that was obviously too large of an expense and task for a small indie company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

Here's the real downstate rankings

S tier: Ranger

A+ tier: Necro/Guardian

A tier: Warrior

B tier: Ele/Mesmer

C tier: Thief

F tier: Engi/Revenant

Mes has to go up to A+ tier. There are no reliable methods to reliably stomp it first try except daredevil elite I guess also the 1/3 skills hit very hard.

War is honestly f tier, vengeance is super situational and most of the time I see it used people just kite leaving the war on an even longer respawn or the warrior actually gets a down and rallies it when their timer runs out. The 1/2 skills are pretty bad with its only redeeming quality being large health and heavy armor making it slower to cleave out and decent for downed vs. downed rally wars.

Rev goes up to c tier. 1 skill is low damage but perma slow makes it slower for an enemy to cleave out and helps protect teammates going for a rez. 2 is fast casting, not affected by projectile hate, and can even get enemies stuck in a wall if you are lucky. 3 skills sucks though, no getting around that. It also has decent natural bulk to not get cleaved out too fast.

26 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Ranger is only S if left alone.

It has no escape so it is very hard to rez on point. 

unlike all the other professions which have a easy time reviving because they can move 5 meters?!

Other profession cant even attempt to rez xD  you take 1 damage and the rezzing stops and goes on cooldown.

but rangers..... you can even CC the pet and it will just keep keep on rezzing.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

unlike all the other professions which have a easy time reviving because they can move 5 meters?!

Other profession cant even attempt to rez xD  you take 1 damage and the rezzing stops and goes on cooldown.

but rangers..... you can even CC the pet and it will just keep keep on rezzing.

Regardless it still let's you move, why do you think people use Elementalist so much in WvW. 

The only time Ranger resurrect is OP is if no one finishes the stomp. 

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

why do you think people use Elementalist so much in WvW. 

real answer:  because its op as kitten with cele....

the answer you were looking for:  because you can mistform into towers/gates.....   but.... this isnt wvw....   you dont have gates here...  

Edited by Sahne.6950