Gyala Delve is a dead map [Merged]

Heibi.4251

4 hours ago, Dreams.3128 said:

It's been dead because people were mad about keys and how chests were getting opened. That was one of the best gold making maps at one point when it started and because of some of the most asinine complaints I've seen, it turned into a dead map because of SOME (not even the majority) people's complaints. I don't feel bad with this point, the initial frustration is just gone and so has a good way to make gold.

Are you talking about Silver Wastes when referring to keys and chests being opened?  Because Gyala Delve only has chests to open after events are complete at each location.

20 minutes ago, Heibi.4251 said:

Are you talking about Silver Wastes when referring to keys and chests being opened?  Because Gyala Delve only has chests to open after events are complete at each location.

Yes, thats exactly what his reply was all about...chests in Silverwastes....you've got it!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dafomen.7892 said:

Yes, thats exactly what his reply was all about...chests in Silverwastes....you've got it!

Gyala Delve is nothing like Silver Wastes. In fact it's the complete opposite. There are no premature chest openers and it still gives tons of loot during the meta. So no idea why they were  talking about Silver Wastes in a Gyala Delve thread. Strange.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Coming out with meta focused maps is always doomed when there is no uber rare drop tied to it.

The vendor that you can exchange loot for keys is also a repeat of poor decisions. The exchange was based on the current value of those items without some code to adapt it. Core map Provisioner tokens is the prime example of this.

I didn't think it was possible that Anet would follow up an expansion with playable content as poorly designed as IBS immediately after an expansion. They keep screwing up content releases outside of those tied to direct purchases. It is a mystery as to how LW3 and LW4 (minus Domain of Kourna's map) was so good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

If anet gives me 100k gold and infinite gems then i come back to the game, to help ppl and enjoy the game as i want to. But last months i was only busy trying make some gold without enjoying the game. I miss my nevermore staff. And the binding of ipos and xiuquatl. 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:35 PM, Marikus.1875 said:

In WoW, we don't even have people running in old zones. They are literal ghost zones.

Be happy you had those 20 people in 10 year old content lol.

If you skip 1 or 2 expansions in wow you can solo everything. I skippee 3 expansions. And left in WoD. When i played again this year i was able to solo many things. I lvled 1 toon with only archaeology from lvl 40 to lvl 60 got around 1 block xp each digsite. (The xp bar contains 20 blocks for a lvl) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

I was referring to the keys and chests for Gyala. People were complaining about the way Gyala handled it. Saying there wasn't enough to open them with or something very minor. The thing that people didn't realize that while we may or may not have gotten keys for ALL the chests that were around, we were getting A LOT of yellows for each chest we opened. For whatever reason they got up in arms over that. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 10:36 PM, Heibi.4251 said:

Just did the meta in Gyala Delve. Barely had 20 people. We were able to finish the first and second meta.  And once we finished the original metas we had fewer. The Third meta(Legendary Ravenous Wanderer) needs massive numbers. We failed miserably. Couldn't even get the boss to 75%. The fight does not scale at all. 

The main reason this angers me is because the third meta fight is tied to an achievement collection that can't be done anymore due to the map being a ghost town. Either make the fight scale or make the achievement count even on time failure.

Skywatch Archipelago and Amnytas are just as dead. Seen the meta fail several times for lack of people now. There's just a train running rifts and nothing else in them. Can't even finish "kill champion X" achievements because there are so few players around. I think End of Dragons was the swansong for the game and SOTO is just an afterthought to try and milk a few more bucks out of players. Just look at the new areas! One is just a collection of old content, the other is five identical flying castles. Top that off with a white Lion's Arch with sixteen times the loading time and a story that I couldn't care less about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Coming out with meta focused maps is always doomed when there is no uber rare drop tied to it.

The vendor that you can exchange loot for keys is also a repeat of poor decisions. The exchange was based on the current value of those items without some code to adapt it. Core map Provisioner tokens is the prime example of this.

I didn't think it was possible that Anet would follow up an expansion with playable content as poorly designed as IBS immediately after an expansion. They keep screwing up content releases outside of those tied to direct purchases. It is a mystery as to how LW3 and LW4 (minus Domain of Kourna's map) was so good.

Eeh LW3 had some pretty rough points, the inventory bloat in bitterfrost(and the map itself is kinda ugly),  Draconis Mons is pretty but a nightmare to navigate, Ember Bay is kinda meh too imo.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That sounds like it would be a very poor business decision on Anet's part.

Why not? Just one person, me. Enjoying being rich in a game. Then i can flip expensive items and also gift others. Some ppl in guild made thousands of gold. But they are as greedy as yes you know. 

1 guildy has more then 100k gold and someone liked chaos axe but didnt had the gold for it. But that rich person like to make others feel bad. So his joke was to send the person who wanted the chaos axe skin 2 stacks of gold ORE. Very bad if you can do this. Its the sams as driving with a koenigsegg throught a poor town. 

i am not like that. It makes me feel better to give new players an 18 slot bag or a few gold. I know it can be hard if you start in a new mmo. 

thats why i dont play anymore. I hate greed. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:28 AM, Hasmadad.4293 said:

Skywatch Archipelago and Amnytas are just as dead. Seen the meta fail several times for lack of people now. There's just a train running rifts and nothing else in them. Can't even finish "kill champion X" achievements because there are so few players around. I think End of Dragons was the swansong for the game and SOTO is just an afterthought to try and milk a few more bucks out of players. Just look at the new areas! One is just a collection of old content, the other is five identical flying castles. Top that off with a white Lion's Arch with sixteen times the loading time and a story that I couldn't care less about.

Gee, I guess I'm not actually doing them most days. I wonder what I am doing...oh wait.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:31 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Eeh LW3 had some pretty rough points, the inventory bloat in bitterfrost(and the map itself is kinda ugly),  Draconis Mons is pretty but a nightmare to navigate, Ember Bay is kinda meh too imo.  

Draconis Mons is super easy to navigate if you figure out where the lava tubes take you. The only people who have trouble navigating Draconis Mons are people that haven't actually solved it. I have no trouble getting anywhere in that zone at any time.

Edit: I see there are a lot of confused people, who don't really get what I'm saying, so I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. If you're on a US server, I'd be happy to teach anyone how to navigate Draconis Mons or for that matter, Tangle Depths or Verdant Brink. Hit me up if you're interested.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

On 10/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

I have noticed that metas do show up in wizards vault weeklies, so that may be a way to get some players to do them (I haven't seen Gyala or any LWS maps show up in weeklies yet, but have seen PoF and HoT metas).  So maybe Anet is aware of the problem and trying to do something about it.

But there are so many metas now, that even one shows up every weeks, that could still be several months before the one you need for a collection or map completion or whatever shows up.  And since it is a weekly, there is also no guarantee that there will be enough people there at the time you play to do it.

I don't really know the best solution, but I feel something needs to be done.  It took my a long while before I could get Serpent's Ire done, which I needed for a collection.  There needs to be more incentive for the metas, less requirement to do them (alternative ways to do collections), or made easier or faster (depends on the what needs changing).

I'm pretty sure I had Gyala show up a week or two after release.

I think the main problem Serpent's Ire has is that it's competing for the same daily reward chest as Forged with Fire. It would probably be done more often if that wasn't the case. The junundu meta in the Desolation has a similar issue.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, Hasmadad.4293 said:

I must be playing on some extra special server then, because I always see these meta's getting done when I'm in those maps. And on the rare occasions that's not the case, there's always multiple LFG's up for other map instances. I also see the event chains for the specific islands in Amnytas done regularly. There are almost always tags up in those places when I'm in the map.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2