Gyala Delve is a dead map [Merged]

Heibi.4251

1 hour ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Anytime a guild does a meta/map it ruins it for everyone else because then people only do it when that guild does it. Probably why it's dead on EU.

Its not dead. Im on at least 2 Discords that organise them regurarly, several times per week. And the groups are mostly pugs.

Why would guilds that organise them ruin anything? You are free to organise it yourself. These girls will even help you with commander training if you need it.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, Dante.1508 said:

This is why lemming farm loot trains are a bad design and devs need to stop, we need content that people can progress for the life time of the game. Not these things. At least scale it with smaller numbers.

Anet clearly isn't ever going to figure out scaling since most older content breaks hard when people pass through, scaling up bar completion events. Even the mobs from rifts are taking too long to kill. Doing a rift in say a PoF map, elite nearby not tied to it die faster than the normal adds from the rift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:31 AM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Eeh LW3 had some pretty rough points, the inventory bloat in bitterfrost(and the map itself is kinda ugly),  Draconis Mons is pretty but a nightmare to navigate, Ember Bay is kinda meh too imo.  

Bitterfrost has easy event farming. Your example for Draconis Mons is the same for Tangled Depth, which navigation is a skill issue. Ember Bay's only real problem is the petrified farm.

• Confused 5

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I try to get back to and refresh most of the game zones, just for variety. Gyala? Not so much. The first two SOTO maps? I am only there to get a Skyscale, seriously. Nayos is interesting, though, maybe it bodes somewhat better for the future.

Edited by Azureus.5428
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ben K.6238 said:

Dead game

Its not dead, rather the exact opposite is true. 

In the last 3 years alone we have received some pretty substantial content updates. First consider that only HoT and Icebrood had true large scale metas we have now doubled what is on offer since then. 

Second we do have a large player base but to many things for them to do. The players who are willing to organise and run things get buried in the many LFG tabs. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:12 AM, Mell.4873 said:

Its not dead, rather the exact opposite is true. 

In the last 3 years alone we have received some pretty substantial content updates. First consider that only HoT and Icebrood had true large scale metas we have now doubled what is on offer since then. 

Second we do have a large player base but to many things for them to do. The players who are willing to organise and run things get buried in the many LFG tabs. 

When someone's view is "noone online at the middle of the night = dead game" trying to explain anything is pointless.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:10 AM, Marikus.1875 said:

Be happy you had those 20 people in 1 year old content lol.

Try to do Tarir meta. Even on off-time map that didn't prepare for that meta (and ultimately failed) there's more players than that. Same with world bosses - getting more than 20 people to do one is not hard, even though they are 10 years old content, and extremely unrewarding at that.

It's not that Gyala is "old". It's just that it's badly designed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Try to do Tarir meta. Even on off-time map that didn't prepare for that meta (and ultimately failed) there's more players than that. Same with world bosses - getting more than 20 people to do one is not hard, even though they are 10 years old content, and extremely unrewarding at that.

It's not that Gyala is "old". It's just that it's badly designed.

They should make the end part much easier since that is when the OP reported everyone either leaving or not having the numbers required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

This map is mostly dead. I tried at different times of the day. I am going there mostly to exchange keycards for t5 gems as I am swimming in those so now that I had more than 500 keys I was like lets give it a try. 

From 5 attempts 5 have failed. One attempt ended at the 3 Oni this failed due to the fact that the map timer ran out before both lanes could be pushed due to the lack of players.

the other 4 failed at the final boss of the map same because of the timer. The number of players were enough only for 1 of those hp orbs at a time. and while initially there was no timer the timer started after a while resulting in a failed attempts. 

Since this map is basically dead unless its a weekly for the vault could we please ask yo0u to remove the timers? It is very annoying to spend almost 2 hours pushing the meta and failing due to the lack of players. Just allow those few players that are actually participating to get something for that time they spent. There is absolutely no reason for those timers to exist since the map is instanced and not running on a timer to sync with other instances of the same map. If I am not mistaking the map also locks out and not allows new players to join but I might be wrong about this. So at least allow those few that play it to run it to the end regardless of how long it takes. Those extra 10 15 min would not kill anyone.

Thank you for reading! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Gyala Delves part 2 is the ONLY OW zone I haven't gone to yet. Not even once, so whatever you suggest to make it better is good in my book but it's going to take more than that to make me want to go there. I just didn't care for part 1 of the map so I never even came back for part 2...

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

What I think would help some is if they reverted the changes to the rewards.

Back when GD released you could only open so many chests a day and got a lot more rares. Then a bunch of people whined about not being able to farm it ad nauseam. Anet shortsightedly listened to them and changed the rares to greens and put the map on repeat farm mode.

No one will farm GD on repeat because no one is playing there at all any more. If they put the rares back in and recapped the chests then there should be more incentive to go there once a day like with the Hot metas

• Like 1

Remove the timer and remove then need for 10 players to start it

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Gyala Delves part 2 is the ONLY OW zone I haven't gone to yet. Not even once, so whatever you suggest to make it better is good in my book but it's going to take more than that to make me want to go there. I just didn't care for part 1 of the map so I never even came back for part 2...

"Second part of the map" is a generous description to what is a thin corridor leading back to the start during the second meta. You aren't missing much

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Same 😂 Gyala was already a bad meta, so I only did it 2 or 3 times when part 1 came out, and then the story killed any desire to experience part 2. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Remove the timer and remove then need for 10 players to start it

"Second part of the map" is a generous description to what is a thin corridor leading back to the start during the second meta. You aren't missing much

Well, I wouldn't know cause I've never been there 😂

• Confused 1

I would say as a general rule, timers are a bad design for any content.

I sort of get it may be so that players don't have a super defensive/healing build but only do 1k dps to wear down a monster (eg, champion hero point) for 30 minutes.  But if a player chooses to do that, why not let them?  It is just very frustrating playing any content (meta, strike, whatever) and end up spending x minutes at it to end up being 20 seconds short of doing it successfully.

To a great degree, the reward for doing them faster is that you can do something else.  And some content provides better rewards for doing it faster.  And there may be cases where things are on fixed timings (like most of HoT metas) where things sort of have to time out and reset so the next meta cycle can begin.  But timers are applied to a lot more than just that.

• 1 month later...

Please do not leave the map as it is.

Instead of veterans, the map is populated by newcomers, in which the DPS checks are abysmal. Please tone down the map and rework each bosses so it won't take ages. At the moment, the map is not scaling properly and require at least almost full squad. The only veterans coming in are very small in numbers and mostly doing it for Soo Won's legendary.

Please touch on the old maps so that latecomers can still finish them. It really brings bad light to new players.

• Confused 1

I've had the same problem trying to complete some events in Ember Bay recently, the solution is simple:

Offer a Mystic Coin for completing 3~5 events on a certain map, the certain map rotates daily (or weekly) and every map currently in game is included in the rotation.

When they recently did this to Dry Top and Silverwastes (arguably two dead maps) those saw tremendous amounts of life for the duration of that offer, so it would be a great way for people to complete achievements like you're trying to do.

• Thanks 1