upcoming relic... no golemancer... Starting to really dislike this relic system...

Zzik.5873

Apparently people know what the upcoming relics are going to be... It does not seem like the golem is coming back... if thats the case this expac is starting to look like the worst... If the golem never come back, Im not sure Im going to buy the next dlc. Not paying to get stuff taken away... Imagine how cool the relic system would have been if it was simply added on top of rune... Now rume are a total mess (we have so many double set that does the same thing and name does not make sence with only stats boost, rune are lame now) and because relic have taken away my golem, base layer they come with bad taste in my mouth... Anet carefull, your walking on egg shell right now.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 5

Good. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

if thats the case this expac is starting to look like the worst... If the golem never come back, Im not sure Im going to buy the next dlc. Not paying to get stuff taken away...

Purchasing the expansion is mostly irrelevant, the system as a whole changed anyways, whether you bought soto or not.

• Like 13
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Smurfiness.3714 said:

is a Golem so powerful?

There is something called enjoyment. And that has been reduced for a number of people, who lost their preferred rune effects.

Not everyone plays for the biggest numbers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Cool got any info on what relics they are giving since you seem to know no golem OP?

I dont, I just see people on yt and reddit talking about upcoming relics, like they know whats coming? Im as cluless as you are, but some people seem to know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

It speaks for itself if they only talk about it in the livestream and no give us any written piece of information. On the SotO launch they did not even bother to publish a list about the new relics. A trend I am not looking forward to continue. But on the other hand, it is ANet. There is no guarantee for anything anymore. So maybe they do yet another 180 ° turn in 2024. Who knows? /shrug

On topic: I've seen a grasp of the new relics in the Warrior sub-board. Here is the link

Credit goes to Lan, please give them the thumbs up/thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

I miss my Inquest Golem ☹️ it popped up randomly whenever I was in combat .

I usually wear Inquest armor styles so it matches perfectly and I remember back then I worked hard to get that specific rune so it can spawn.

it was not randomly since a long while ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

It does not seem like the golem is coming back... if thats the case this expac is starting to look like the worst...

Imagine you don't like an expansion because of a summonable golem.

Imagine you don't like an expansion because of a system change that was just released at the same day as that expansion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 15

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There is something called enjoyment. And that has been reduced for a number of people, who lost their preferred rune effects.

Not everyone plays for the biggest numbers.

^ This. Anet stop ruining players. It’s mentioned and requested thousands times these to be restored. Do your part. 

• Like 18
  • Confused 6

39 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Well, as soon I was in combat, the golem spawned and stayed pretty long before the cooldown. 

Yes exactly it spawned when ever you got in combat and lasted 60 seconds when going out of combat.

If it died when you were in combat it spawned a new one so not really randomly at all.

So yea been almost 5 years since it randomly poped up 50% of the time until it vanished at sotos release.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think the "golem" is just a symbol of extremley boring ideas that keeps replacing the "interesting but doesn't really super work or casual players find it too complicated, but when try hards utilise they break the game" ideas.

Making everything into "bigdamage/cleanse/heal/alac or quickness"...is just I am really not a fan of it personally..but it's too late they are commited to that now.

They have been approaching everything from this "easy to balance" angle with no regards to role-playing class fantasy flavor angle imo. Which is just...not fun...maybe for pvpers it is..?? Dunno. I don't play an mmo to go like..."ranger and ele dps/heal is the same..now I am happy".

This is exactly what WoW and FF did..where the game ends up feeling like a moba..and that's what they want. Buy your 80 boost..buy soto to shortcut all the mmoness of it all..then you'll need the expansions to play the especs, and buy whatever trendy "of performer" outfit from the skin shop, easy balance, easy money. This is what they are going for.

Edited by aetemes.2603
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:55 AM, aetemes.2603 said:

I think the "golem" is just a symbol of extremley boring ideas that keeps replacing the "interesting but doesn't really super work or casual players find it too complicated, but when try hards utilise they break the game" ideas.

Making everything into "bigdamage/cleanse/heal/alac or quickness"...is just I am really not a fan of it personally..but it's too late they are commited to that now.

They have been approaching everything from this "easy to balance" angle with no regards to role-playing class fantasy flavor angle imo. Which is just...not fun...maybe for pvpers it is..?? Dunno. I don't play an mmo to go like..."ranger and ele dps/heal is the same..now I am happy".

This is exactly what WoW and FF did..where the game ends up feeling like a moba..and that's what they want. Buy your 80 boost..buy soto to shortcut all the mmoness of it all..then you'll need the expansions to play the especs, and buy whatever trendy "of performer" outfit from the skin shop, easy balance, easy money. This is what they are going for.

To be fair, RPers don’t care if its broken or works mechanically. But for buildcraft players, an imbalance causes issues across the whole game.

The real solution is look at the summoning items and reworking them. Easier to isolate out of wvw, can increase uptime, create an infinite version that keeps summoning on cool down, and tie ones to collections so the RP folks can pretend its a quest. 

• Like 1