Any one else noticed the rise in lazy participation through the use of skyscale fireball?

To start, I love the skyscale and the fireball, nothing more fun than firebombing a group on your way to a fight and then participate on the ground.

But I'm slightly annoyed at the rise of super lazy players always finding a way to do next to nothing but gain rewards

And I don't mean low APM minion builds or chilled Mech builds, those still absolutely add to a fight. (opinions vary of course).

I've seen it in Dragonstorm, Soo-Won fight, Heitor's Gate (right outside the door shooting in).

People flying just out of sight or above casually doing the absolute bare minimum THE ENTIRE fight, in order to reap the rewards other players are actively trying to do. Not only scaling bosses making them harder for casual players but also not adding anything of use or value to a fight like dps or boons..

It's a mild annoyance. A fun gameplay mechanic slowly turning into who can do the absolute least to still make max gains.

EDIT:

To clarify I'm not complaining about using the skyscale in general or in a fight or whatever.

I'm specifically calling out people chilling off the the side somewhere basically AFK using fireball the entire fight to damage enough in order to gain reward.

Edited by flawedfox.1409
Needed to clarify
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Wait you can actually shoot Ignaxxious from outside the arena with skyscale fireball? that sounds like one of those exploits people been doing in raids that got eventually patched out.

Trying to skyscale him from within the room is still subject to hide behind pillars mechanic since he can and will nuke people out of skyscales midair with that attack.

I do not recall doing dragonstorm or dragon's end since the update - the former was already a snoozefest when it comes to difficulty, the latter requires some minimal modicum of coordination to succed, and while we did see teapot clearing it in all the kind of meme compositions (all minionmancers for example) we did not see him even attempting to do skyscale only Soo-Won 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that's why I dont like zerging metas, some of them are really cool but its not really a challenge or something u need to play the game the best u can, theres no difference in my rewards and success of the group if I put up more or less effort other than some very little seconds. I can just alt tab and let my mech do the work and believe me, some runs I do get top dmg, while not even playing actively, everyone gets reward, everyone wins their fight, theres no fun, no "show" like on dragons end or dragonstand, no challenge in pressing 11111 and winning a fight, I don't get why people dont like content that u need to actually play to win

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I dont do it for major bosses but its been common curtesy to spawn one on a number of bosses. So other people get the opportunity to make it to the boss and get credit. Me uaing skyscale in certain events is no different than spamming one as many bosses would poof into dust if everyone used their full rotation as thr powercreep has been real since the first introduced specializations.

Now as for the harder meta event bosses that lock out maps. Ill run alts through map completion in order to get the exp needed to conplete mastery tracks. Its exp so Ill do events too plus the gear is complete garbage. They skyscale fireball is perfect for contributing and it does more damage than thryd normally do. So that fireball is a method of contribution for some people.

Its more than amd i encourage more mid damage techniques to be added to the game. That hit that nice middle ground of doing decent damage but not too much damage.

Edited by Doam.8305
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Hell yeah! Ever since they introduced the mastery it made it so much more fun. Feel like some dive bomber in a plane. Only people who moan about it are those without a skyscale 🙃

Joke's on you then. As a proud skyscale owner since day 1 (got it when the timegate between phases was still 24 hours instead of 2) I rarely use that new mastery. Small numbers are inefficient and after 15 spitballs you're ability is on cooldown and you can only use it once every what, 5 seconds? Scaling up the events, barely contributing damage, no boons whatsoever, no ressing of downed allies. How does it feel to be irrelevant to the completion of events?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

How does it feel to be irrelevant to the completion of events?

Probably pretty good because they get full rewards even though they've likely only done the equivalent of 405000 (Assuming 10 minute fight, all fireballs hit for 3k and all fireballs hit the boss) damage total to a boss with 30 to 40 million health.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think its fine to a point, I love the fireball all i keep yelling in chat when i use it is Reign of Fire!! ala homage to one great movie few people know about. Its what i always wanted in a dragon mount! Dont break my immersion bro! 

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Haven't really noticed this being a huge problem, any more than the people who just stand around for Pinata, don't help during Dragonstorm, etc.  There are always leeches and people who put out minimum effort.  At least they're doing some damage.  

Mostly I see riders, including myself, come up and spit a few fireballs on bosses then dismount.  It's great fun, it knocks out a few annoying mobs, and then on to normal dps on foot.  

For those out there spending an entire fight on skyscale, may you be one shotted by some random npc, fall to the ground, and have a slow load screen for rez, then have to run all the way back.  Be nice, help out. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

I noticed people sitting on their skyscales and 1 shoting event enemies in starting areas making it hard for people without said skill to tag mobs.

Kinda like how people used raptor before to tail sweep alot of mobs.

I dont think this is what Anet inteded when they did this newest bonus event week, since its not a good introduction t the game.

One would have thought that they learned from all the people lamenting the kill 4 events on x map dailies we had before.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I dont think this is what Anet inteded when they did this newest bonus event week, since its not a good introduction t the game.

One would have thought that they learned from all the people lamenting the kill 4 events on x map dailies we had before.

They should have seen this coming since it's been an issue for a long time. Not sure what the thought process was here but here we are.

I was trying to help by calling out and linking events as often as possible. I'd tag and then just hang back and pulse some boons on the lower level peeps hoping they could get 1 action off while everyone was full burning mobs immediately lol

For a new player it must be initially exciting to see so many people in the low level open world areas and then quickly become frustrating when they run into the insane power creep from max level players and mounts.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Ha!  Just what I was thinking!

Maybe it's a good idea to just... leave... them... alone.

This.

They could be on their minstrel's equipped ranger with no traits selected, short bow autoattacking, while their brownbear tanks for them.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1