Would you like to get Pips in the "Edge of the Mists"?

Irimus.5629

I'd like to see more incentive for the casual or learning wvw players or fight seekers to be on EotM doing stuff too but not sure if pips is the way to do it. I see a lot of people just camping around for pips or looking for fights rather than actual productive things and objectives

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eotm'ers are the same as guests, just more bodies for a few chosen servers to do with or don't do with whatever the chosen please to.

If EOTM offered pips and tickets, if those lowly indentured beings that dont have a choice where they earn their rewards now and maybe even a few higher beings had alternative options to play where and how they wanted, they might just prove the BLS, certain tiers and perhaps even this mode in its current form aren't as popular as some claim them to be.

As it stands now though, if someone is unhappy they quit or become the exact opposite of what they used to be, so really what's better, choices or one size fits all?

• 6 months later...

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Let them have pips but no skirmish tickets. That should solve the problem, lol.

This I totally agree with. Some ppl do not care about WvW and are only in for GoB etc. This would be a good balance for those who just want the GoB and those who are new to the game mode. This way ppl can learn the system that is used on the main maps but not receive Skirmish claim tickets

@FogLeg.9354 said:Edge of the Mist should be shut down. It serves no purpose.

@Kaiser.9873 said:Just shut EotM down. It served its purpose, and now it's obsolete.

I play a game because i’m having fun.I actualy like the map so its not true that the map have no purpose (maybe not for you, but if i see the poll results i think a lot of other players like the map aswell).

yes, and make it count as WvW map for all future events and such.

so the map can actually serve it's designed purpose (effective overflow for people in queues with minimal influence to the main war effort)

and if you arereally so afraid of "bad PvErs" farming yer precious tickets on "that useless stoopid map" pip aquisition can be working on different rulesets, for example removing bonuses for world score and reducing bonus for outnumbered. last reset I lost 3 hours worth of pips/playtime purely to the fact that crapload of people made queues stuck for hours for the first time in a very long time on my server - I'd imagine situation would look alot better if whole "double XP" bandwagon could just as well hop to the edge instead of cluttering main maps (or if queues would still be as bad I'd at least was not behind on full 3h of my prime time playtime on rewards to ease the issue of "can't play what I like")

for all whom have voted "no" I ask you to back up that vote with reasonable argument, as at the moment of writing of this post no one of you seem to have bothered with providing anything of value >.>

@Optimator.3589 said:Nah. EotM is megaserver like a PvE zone, so it's not true WvW. You aren't repping your server, whatever its strengths or weaknesses, so you shouldn't get the full rewards as though you were.

Eotm is WvW . It are several merged servers fighting each other. In normal borderlands are also linked servers..It is wvw for me. I understand you want the best rewards for your favorite game mode. But why are you against giving pips to eotm players? Just because you don’t like the map?

@gert.7698 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:Nah. EotM is megaserver like a PvE zone, so it's not true WvW. You aren't repping your server, whatever its strengths or weaknesses, so you shouldn't get the full rewards as though you were.

Eotm is WvW . It are several merged servers fighting each other. In normal borderlands are also linked servers..It is wvw for me. I understand you want the best rewards for your favorite game mode. But why are you against giving pips to eotm players? Just because you don’t like the map?

EotM has been, for the most part, pure karma train with the occasional guild group going in for easy bags. When fights did happen it was mostly a train wreck. It is not real WvW, more like WvW lite.

@Kaiser.9873 said:more like WvW lite.

On that note one could take the middle ground. Grant pips for rank & weekly participation, but not the current placement of your server/EotM team or outnumbered (since there are multiple instances of the map, outnumbered pips could be abused).Go halfers on it, kind of like how they've done with wxp & reward track gain.

Also, wow. I haven't seen this thread in a while.

~ Kovu

@gert.7698 said:

EOTM was supposed to be an overflow map never normal WvW.

@morrolan.9608 said:Absolutely not, would destroy WvW as a game mode completely.

So you say if ppl get pips in eotm, ppl won't play wvw anymore because they like eotm more? Sorry for you.I play a game as an entertainment. What you play should not depend on the rewards you receive. Unfortunately, it is a fact that (most) players play a part of the game where you get better rewards. For example, if they make the rewards of dungeons better and the rewards of fractals worse, then people would play far fewer fractals.

I like to play 'normal ' WvW but I also like eotm. I would appreciate it if the rewards are the same, so everyone can decide for themselves what and when they play.

And wvw or wvw lite, that does not matter. Eotm is another form of wvw that we're used to, but it remains wvw anyway. World are fighting each other on eotm so it is wvw.

@gert.7698 said:

Because a mode that has been constantly losing players, needs another brainless pve k-train thingie, with max rewards this time, to make it lose even more players. Right, thats what wvw needs.EOTM was, is and always has been a waiting room for actual wvw. It fulfills its role in its current state.

EOTM is still WvW afterall, so yes!

But only after every end of match (every 4 hours). 1st place gets 2, 2nd 1 pip and 3rd gets to cry for wasting 4 hours of their life. Rank has no bearing in pips earned as well because it would be unfair to PvE players. Finishing wood chest the week before is of course also not counted as players in there are not loyal to any server. Best you could do is have a commander tag and 4 other players in your squad to earn an extra +1 pip.

To get credit, you'll need Tier 6 participation that decays after 1 minute.

These suggestions would keep the spirit of EOTM as the WvW overflow(karma train) and at the same time give people who want pips in the map what they want.

@Shazmataz.1423 said:Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

And no pips in eotm is killing eotm atm..

It’s only from what perspective you look at it. Don’t understand me wrong, i love to play wvw, i play it Every day.. but, if you go through that reasoning, you can just as well say: we no longer give rewards in other content, so everyone will play wvw ..

I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

side note: in the long term it is better to attract people to wvw by improving wvw, so that (More) people have more fun in wvw. Not by giving players less rewards in other content. if we want wvw to be livable and stable in the long term, we / the devs must find other solutions instead of this

@gert.7698 said:

@Shazmataz.1423 said:Please no! Pips in EOTM would kill wvw.

I think that every content should have the same rewards, so that every player can decide what they enjoy most and what they wanna play. Isn’t having fun not what gaming is all about?

So, would you be OK giving LIs from raids in a WvW track?

Or including gold fractal skins in a WvW track?

Archived