[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Hey anet, I like to give my friends stuff in game as gifts for Xmas, bdays, etc. Etc. 

Is there any chance you can make a box so we can package items into them to send them in the mail? That way they can open the box and be surprised. I know the mail technically could function as this but to me it isn't as exciting to open the mail and just see the item. Opening the mail, seeing a box with a bow, opening it, and having the surprise of getting an item would be soooo cool.

Thanks!

Edited by Zalavaaris.5329
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 2:21 PM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Hello All, 

In 2017 and 2018 i Already suggested it. Nothing has done since about this issue.

With the upcoming addition of EoD. Please Dev's take a look at the achievement panel. It is a complete mess. 

With the upcoming EoD we will have 34 + EoD achievementpanels in the story journal section alone. It is also weird that story of heart of thornes isnt in the heart of thornes droppanel.

The Return to Living story Sections will add almost 20 panels..

Suggestion: Add vertical tabs for every expansion.

Example (<-- example of vertical tabs in guildwars2)

Split all living story with their corrosponding expansion achievements into big tabs (As you need the expansion to play the living story)

Then all achievements that belong to those expansions + living story into those vertical tabs. (collections, story, sidestory. masteries, specializations, maps, bosses etc.) 

When A player hasnt bought the expansions, this tab will be locked, blinding the player for possible spoilers.

Please consider..

A bumb to my post i quoted.. 
Still one of the most annoying things in my opinion. 
Please do something about it before or when you release EoD!

Edited by Cronospere.8143

Hi,

For this Wintersday can an item be added into being in the Wintersday Gifts?

I'm talking about the Frostbitten Toolbox and/ or also the Organized Frostbitten Toolboxes which contained gathering tools that gave out snowflakes.

(The Organized Frostbitten Toolboxes had: Frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle, Frostbitten Orichalcum Logging Axe, and Frostbitten Orichalcum Mining Pick inside.)

Also can the amount of snowflakes that are possible from a gift be increased from 1 to like 5 or 10? 

The reason I am asking this is so that gifts would be more worth it for playing the content. If gifts are more worth it then people are more likely to play/participate.

Lastly I was wondering if Anet could update the Wintersday wvw/pvp reward tracks to include options for weapon skins related to those holidays. (The wrapped present weapons.) It takes 8 to 10 hrs to complete a track and the weapon skins option would be nice. 

Thank you.

When I set up build/equipment templates and name them on the build/equipment template screen, I would expect them to remained unchanged until I go back to that screen and edit it.  Currently if I am in the game (not working with a template) and swap out a skill for short-term use, the build template is changed.  If I want to change a weapon before fighting a particular boss I go to the equipment page and change it...and the equipment template is changed.  I would like to see a button on each template screen that becomes active if the configuration on that screen is changed and requests confirmation of a permanent change to the visible template.  If a change is made and the button is not clicked, the current change would not affect the template, but would remain on the character. So the current build/equipment templates could be temporarily modified, then restored to original-as-edited state by selecting a named build.

• Like 1

First, thank you to the ANet Team for making such cool guild decorations. =D

Would it be possible to either A. have a candle guild decoration that you can interact with to light/extinguish it, or B. have an unlit candle decoration? 🕯️

When we decorated our Guild Hall for Wintersday (which we did back in late November because Hanukkah was on the early side this year), we put up the Wintersday Tree and Freezie's Heart, but we also made a Menorah from individual candle decorations.

https://i.imgur.com/jXqQw73.jpg

This was a lot of fun and our Jewish guild members really appreciated it, but there's not a way to have a partially-lit Menorah, so we opted to go for a fully-lit one.
https://i.imgur.com/T6hRxvj.jpg

It'd be really cool if you could either have a candle decoration that is interactable (the way the ice sculpture is, where you can approach it and "carve" it or reset it) or have an unlit candle.  That way, individual members could either actually go into the Guild Hall and light the candles themselves, or one of our decorators could swap the unlit candle for a lit candle at sunset during Hanukkah.

Just a thought, and thank you for reading! 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to one day see a Permanent Total Makeover Kit Contract

There's the hair one, yes, but it would be neat to have the total makeover kit as a permanent option so you can change your character's whole appearance at any time.

Would be nice to have the ability to earn account bound permanent contracts through achievements also - ones that would take a long time (the same time it would take to get the Prismastic Champion's Regalia Legendary Amulet for example), and obviously not be tradeable so it doesn't effect the tradeable versions.

The fact that most of these permanent contracts literally cost the same, if not near the same, as a legendary weapon, is pretty insane. I think account bound versions earnable through an extensively long set of achievements would be fair.

• Like 1

The new Cyberscale's sounds are cringeworthy (as is the whole mount skin). When you create items you know will split the playerbase why don't you at least give us options to deactivate the annoyances by allowing us to locally turn specific things off?

Do you want players to mute all in-game sounds and play on low character model settings?

Please, after nine years, have a heart and finally give us more detailed controls over those things.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

The story:

Over the past few years in Guildwars 2 there has been a great war going on regarding the Level 80 boost that people buy. 
They have no rights Arenanet is telling them "Consume the Level 80 boost, if you want to use your shared inventory slot". 
The people of Tyria and beyond had enough of this bad design and are standing up to fight for consumer rights. 

The people of Tyria and Beyond want that Arenanet changes the function of the level 80 boost and make it so, that it can be unlocked from the shared inventory slot. Or that the people are able to replace it with an fair value (1500-2000 gems) to replace the level 80 boost. 

Waiting for a reply from the developers regarding their vision and thoughts. 

The problem:

The level 80 boost that is being purchased with either EOD or other expansion packs is being locked to the shared inventory slot. 
The problem is that consumers are not giving the right to use the item as they please and being forced to first consume 1 item before able to be using the other one. This goes against consumer rights. 
The fix:

A) A way to exchange the fixed level 80 boost to a moveable level 80 boost
B) Trade the level 80 boost for 1500-2000 gems (2000 gems = level 80 boost value)
C) Just make it so the level 80 boost can be moved

Waiting for a reply from the developers regarding their vision and thoughts. 

Edited by Hirukaru.4539
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Your TL;DR is as long as the post. 😄

Is it possible the only reason we even get a shared inventory slot with the expansion lvl 80 boost is because they are stuck together? I mean, if they went ahead with your proposed change, would we expect the next expansion to come with a level 80 boost, no shared inventory slot at all?

And you might want to edit that part about "consumer rights".  There's no right to have a bonus given as part of an expansion purchase separated into two distinct pieces. That part just sounds silly.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Friday.7864 said:

They could just give an extra shared inventory slot that would disappear after you use the level boost.
Why hold the player's shared inventory slot hostage - it just pushes and encourages them to use it sooner than they might want to.

I agree, this is another solution to the problem. 

44 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Your TL;DR is as long as the post. 😄

Is it possible the only reason we even get a shared inventory slot with the expansion lvl 80 boost is because they are stuck together? I mean, if they went ahead with your proposed change, would we expect the next expansion to come with a level 80 boost, no shared inventory slot at all?

And you might want to edit that part about "consumer rights".  There's no right to have a bonus given as part of an expansion purchase separated into two separate pieces. That part just sounds silly.

Sorry for rewriting my post and forgetting to delete a part.

The consumer rights still apply, cause it is not a bonus. It is something that is being purchased. 

11 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

If you don't want it, just delete it.  Otherwise, use it as a freebie boost for a weekly keyfarm character.

Nope, cause it is not a freebie, as certain people think. You are buying something that isnt released yet, something that holds risk. Thus it is an investment. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And you get to decide whether you want to buy it or not. Not a consumer rights issue.

If I would not buy it, I would not be a consumer. You have made your point thank you. 
I wish you a heavenly day.  Cause as your own text in your signature states "There is no winning".

Edited by Hirukaru.4539
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hirukaru.4539 said:

If I would not buy it, I would not be a consumer. You have made your point thank you. 
I wish you a heavenly day.  Cause as your own text in your signature states "There is no winning".

Have an amazing rest of your day yourself, and I hope you find a use for your level 80 boost sooner rather than later.

• Confused 1

I'd like to see option C happen.  I don't think there's any chance option B will ever happen.  If they did option C then you don't need option A.  I think this a reasonable request but it's a bit of a stretch to think we're entitled to it.

If the boost and the slot are locked then it's because Anet decided to lock them.  I sort of get why they might do that.  It would be nice if we could move them out.  It's not a 1 to 1 lock.  If you have multiple boosters they stack in one slot and the others are open.

I have gotten three total.  I had all but one toon already at 80 before these came out.  I used one on that last toon.  Now I have 2 locked in shared slots.  I have a key farmer and a mule that are not 80.  For me it seems a waste to use it on either of those chars.  For me for now my choice is to leave them until I decide I have a use for them or I can take them out of shared inventory.  I'm fine with that if nothing changes.  I'll just keep them until I have a use for them or a compelling reason to "waste" them.  It just would be really nice if I could move them out and free up that one shared slot.

Okay so idea time.

There's tons of items in the game that are named after historical figures or locations or are meant to represent an item from the past but outside of trophy value they're largely useless in the grand scheme of things. For example ascended trinkets with the wrong stats but have a name or location associated with them. They are essentially good for alts, salvage or nothing if you're legendary and are essentially dead drops for some players in the game. Many other items found on vendors or dropped from mobs sound important but dont actually mean anything.

What about creating new mini collections based on these items from all around the game. You can link them with lore from the past, use them to teach the story as you go along and travel across Tyria and Cantha finding the next part. The end result? An item you can display either as a placeable novelty, a guild hall item or if housing ever comes to GW2 a display with those items on for your own instance. The item can be interacted with to tell the story and visually it will contain all the items you have collected. Think... a bust with a set of jewelry or a decorative box containing those items.

• Like 1

I've been trying to test out how useful fire auras are in GW2. Even the wiki is lacking info that I'm hoping to add to ... but I noticed that in the combat log if something attacks me the only damage information I get is that I dealt burning to the mob. It's hard for me to get accurate readings because every fire aura I generate deals some form of burning damage before it procs 😧 Would really like if this was shown as "You hit [mob] for 0 using Fire Aura". I could easily do that math after the fact if this was just a notification and the damage was still logged as burning. I know it applies one stack of burning per hit per second. I guess the real issue is there is no indicator of when/how many times I "hit" something with fire aura.

Something useful for QoL, especially on EU servers:
Add an option for an automatic language translation for anything not in your primary language.

This would sort out a common issue on PvE servers since the megaserver was introduced.

With the WvW move to Alliances and the effective abolition of single language servers it will help with language issues there.

While online translation software isn't perfect it is better than nothing and there are embeddable versions available.

• Like 1