[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

While Weddings aren't as big a thing in GW2 as other MMO's like FFXIV, it still happens and there are a lot of stories(and even a few NPCs based on real people) that have tied the knot in-game.
but beyond the Gemstore Wedding attire outfit, and the valentines roses and Chocolates gizmos, there isn't much to show off these connections.

it would be nice to have a Craftable upgrade for jewellers(either as a Jewel or an enrichment) that would add a small cosmetic effect to the left hand, similar to how the Prototype position rewinder adds a purple sparkle to the payers hand when it use.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure if this topic has been brought up before but an Infusion preview added to the Wardrobe would be such a great idea. It would also encourage more people to buy infusions or complete achievements involving infusions. Plus a way to view multiple infusions together to see the stacking effect. Instead of watching YouTube videos)

Just a thought since the Devs have been upgrading the wardrobe under the radar with great stuff.

• Like 2

I've read some of the messages regarding a new set of legendary armor.  It doesn't look like anyone has my suggestion which is to make Aurene sets of legendary armor.  Most of the ground work is done.  An Aurene set would go with 3rd gen legendary weapons.  They could even give them the different dragon variations. 

Edited by GinsuChef.3765
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

CUTSCENES! CUTSCENES! CUTSCENES!

Please have all with "Skip to End". Really don't need to watch them over and over just to try for an achievement. Too many have no options to skip.

Dude... its so bad. like you try to get flow to play a mmo and its just.. stop story, effects all over the ground... could be toned down by like 400%... dam. really want to enjoy the game but it disallows flow.

• Confused 1

Hello,

Most of my idea is the title, however i will try give a few ideas to explain why it could be a good addition and how, as a random player, i envision it.

I would like gw2 to have legendary food, as of : some food to use on rare occasions, that is really special.

By special i am thinking about :

- the best stat buffs ever (just pump the numbers or grant new kinds of stats and you get the idea)

- activation of contextual skills for a given time (like there are already some for questing/lw) : breathing fire, pulsing stealth, running super fast, increased strength action (throwing boulders etc)

- activation of the drop for some special items, that are only obtainable this way, only effective under the leg food effect : alluring food, attracting fish, bugs, mobs, whatever, that is unique to it and drops something unique -- for example : some kind of feast that spawns mobs rather than something you eat on this idea.

Now the food being legendary means to me :

- it can be crafted

- it is either hard or long to come by

- there has to be some kind of gating to it to prevent permanent use of it : ascended food should still be the everyday go-to and this food should be the exception

As it is food, i mean it has an effect duration and it is not a permanent buff.

As it is not permanent, the price should be well thought of, or use mats that are mostly account bound and obtained repeatedly while playing through an activity involving some kind of difficulty or rarity.

As you saw in the title, i thought about special fish. It could be one idea to get these super duper rare cooking mats.

For example : make use of other professions (like jewelry, smithing, of course hunting sounds obvious here, etc) to make special lures and cooking/artificing for special baits. These crafted lures and baits would be consumable and allow catching these special fish. Then add up some usual (or new) expensive mats in the recipe and boom you can craft your legendary food.

As for the effect duration i think it's the devs to see for it. But allowing the use of primers would spice things up if it ends up being below 12 hours.

Thank you for your attention.

Gideon

Edited by GEGEZZ.7563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Please A Net,

Give us the choice to edit our mechs size.

I have a mechanist myself, and it's beginning to really get annoying, that it covers my field of vision more often than not; especially because the character is an Asura, which makes matters worse.

I'd like to make it the size of a mini pet.

That would be enough for me.

So giving people the choice with some sort of slider or a preset of 4 or 5 choices for mech's size would be great.

Might aswell give us the choice to change its colour too mateys.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

[Suggestion] - Trading post

Would love to see the trading post get some extra attention.

Maybe make the panel scalable or even full screen.

Add more filter and search options, for example: food buffs can be difficult to find "fishing power" in search should be enough to get all the fishing power food buffs listed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skugga.5298 said:

[Suggestion] - Trading post

Would love to see the trading post get some extra attention.

Maybe make the panel scalable or even full screen.

Add more filter and search options, for example: food buffs can be difficult to find "fishing power" in search should be enough to get all the fishing power food buffs listed.

In the tp, itll lag a bit to load up, but type in Search bar "I am Evon Gnashblade" no quotation marks case sensitive . This will make it into a tiny tiny list of Text only details and compact it way more

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Confused 1

Allow the addition of an optional checkbox in settings to NOT cancel actions on YOURSELF when obtaining STEALTH. This here alone could add more reliability on thief/specter via stealth usage without being the interupting the flow of others' combat while someone is ysing their rotations. Huuuge QoL if ya do this. Yhis makes using shadow arts on thief worthwhile

16 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please A Net,

Give us the choice to edit our mechs size.

I have a mechanist myself, and it's beginning to really get annoying, that it covers my field of vision more often than not; especially because the character is an Asura, which makes matters worse.

I'd like to make it the size of a mini pet.

That would be enough for me.

So giving people the choice with some sort of slider or a preset of 4 or 5 choices for mech's size would be great.

Cheers.

Seconded.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:32 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Cheers.

I really wish the chance of changing colors of mechaninst's mech, or even some skins could be interesting, maybe expensive but engineers would buy some anyway, mechs are just another engineer weapon after all, still, slightly different from a simple turret; mechs are really visible running around, especially now that mechanist is so popular, and this is repetitive, some customization could be appreciated.

• Like 1

I honestly would like to see more qol improvements for weapons and burst skills such as  core warrior sword F1 with the removal of self root for the low damage it already does and more additional counter abilities for dual swords that would allow it to be more of a fencer build similar to counterblow on mace but proving more direct attacks of several uses of riposte. Over the course of 10 years as a warrior main I don't believe I have seen few , if any dual sword Warriors. It is could be interesting if anet were to turn Final thrust into the F1 burst skill increasing its damage and bleed stacks based on  adrenaline spent per bar 2 Stacks of bleed per bar , Then 4 , Then 6. While making the F1 unblockable for each tier. Then Taking the 3 seconds of immbolise and adding it to sword four impale while keeping rip as it currently is. Then a replacement for skill 3 could be a channeled block as the warrior raises both swords ⚔️ that increases damage based on strikes it absorbs or reflects if used with shield master trait. Then at the end of the block duration add a flip over skill perhaps called downslash as the warrior slashes both swords downward or sword/axe  downward similar to axe 4 but doing increased damage on the blocked damage or strikes absorbed.  This is only just for sword mainhand but it could pair well to create synergy with other warrior weapons as well such as offhand mace,axe,warhorn,shield, dagger, and sword.🤔

I don't know if it's been mentioned, this thread is huge.  but 2 things would be huge improvements.

1. the ability in options to hide other players minis/pets/mechs/etc

2. each equipment slot should remember which items you had visually hidden specific to that tab (helm, shoulders, backpack, etc)

• Like 1