[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

How hard would it be to add basic emotes or actions to new tonics added to the game?
I am hesitant to take away from more important things
but I think adding some more actions to new tonics would make them more fun to use
You might wind up seeing a spontaneous dancing line of hermit crabs showing up in Lions Arch or other public spots (kinda like those Charrs)

Edited by BnooMaGoo.5690
wording
  • Like 1

Hello!

I'd like to start off with saying that I am not a GW2 Veteran or anything of the sort, I've played a multitude of MMO's; ranging from 100% grind mechanic's, to Scale Progressive accomplishments, and now I've entered into the world of Guild Wars 2. A beast, a unique enjoyable gameplay system that I have so far loved, so please before you decide to be toxic on my post here, understand that its only a suggestion, or request for a feature in the game. Everyone's entitled to make them, and have their own prospective, even if its not a point that is shared by you.

Since Coming to GW2 I have dabbled in a bit of everything, unfortunately though- I did come here with my significant other in hopes of us finding a game we can play together and do new content and things together as a group (duo)-- Unfortunately though, Guild Wars 2 currently does not have Group Objective Style completion that i was hoping it did. Now in my eyes, that means that when my girl and I are out doing things together where it has "Kill this many of x-Mobs" and we're grouped, i kill something, or she kills something-- we aren't sharing the kill completion count, nor expience together. We've found that she has to tag everything I hit, and the same goes for the things she hits-- I wouldn't mind seeing something added to the game personally that allows for more duo/couple/group type of gaming. There's sooo many zones, and sooo much to be done in the game, Even if I took a hit in experience on a per-kill basis, as long as we were able to achieve the goals of these quests together, it would be amazing. A small nerf on a kill-by-kill basis or objective would possibly push players to see more of the maps then they currently are required to in order to hit level 80. I hit 80 on my first character far faster then I proceeded to progress through each zone and see them when they're relative levels.

Again, this is simply my thoughts, my opinion, and a small suggestion. No disrespect intended to the dev's, or those who currently do not share my view point on the subject.

- Thank you for reading! May your drops be spectacular!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I suppose if there was a way to do it which didn't encourage botting/afk power levelling it might be ok. If it was simply that everyone in the party got credit for anything 1 person did it would be very easy for 1 person to group with 4 inactive 'players' (their own alt accounts for example) and level them all together by only playing 1 without breaking any of the rules about botting and afk activity . (If it worked in squads 1 person could level 49 afk characters, but I assume this would only really be needed for parties.)

Maybe there could be some kind of check where each player individually has to meet the minimum requirements for participation in an event, heart etc. and then after that they also get credit for anything the rest of their party does.

21 minutes ago, Andrews.2461 said:

Hello!

A small nerf on a kill-by-kill basis or objective would possibly push players to see more of the maps then they currently are required to in order to hit level 80. I hit 80 on my first character far faster then I proceeded to progress through each zone and see them when they're relative levels.

I think this is by design. GW2 isn't one of those games where once you hit the level cap you're done with open-world and need to move on to other things, it continues to be relevant throughout the game. Many end-game activities are in open-world maps, including some in lower level maps but mostly the big meta-events in level 80 maps. So ensuring players will hit the level cap long before they think they've seen everything helps emphasise that just because you're done levelling doesn't mean you're done with that part of the game and need to drop it and find something else to do. If you want to you can just keep going. (I think the personal story has several level 80 chapters for the same reason.)

The level scaling system helps to alleviate the problems that might otherwise come from that. It's not perfect but you'll never reach a point where you can one-shot everything simply from levelling up (you can get to the point where you can one-shot most normal enemies but it takes a good build, and even then veterans and champions will be more dangerous). You'll never reach a point where you don't get XP or drops or are locked out of participating because you're too high level.

• Like 2

The complaint is probably only really relevant for hearths. Because there arent really any kill x mobs quests and events in the game otherwise. And getting max, gold participation in an event is super easy as long as you just do something.

Hearths are not really a big part of game play later on and the focus shifts more onto more and bigger open world events. 

They increased the exp gain by a lot lately. Yeah leveling is super fast. But don't worry, leveling is just a small part of open world experience and once max level you will enter a huge amount of content where exp is pretty much irrelevant. Also lvls themselves are not really important because your characters scales down with the zone. So you never really out level a zone. Loot is also always relevant because all the materials are relevant. Its probably just something you are used to and bothers you from other games.

They wont change 10 years old concepts that are now a really small part of the game. I would recommend you just forget about levels and exp because gw2 is really a game that lets you forget it and just lets you play. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As long as you both damage the mob, you both get credit toward the heart. Working together, there are many you can optimize. For example, my son and I were just last night doing a heart where you investigate corpses and they erupt into grubs that you then have to kill. Each of us can investigate each corpse, so if we work together, he triggers grubs, we stay in the same spot, then I trigger, and we get twice as many grubs to kill in that spot. We both get damage on them, and both get credit.

Most hearts complete really quickly. It's not really necessary to share credit between party members.

Also, great opportunity to practice calling and taking targets, so they go down faster and you both get kill credit for all of them.

• Like 4

I can see how this would be nice for a couple, but overall it would create people simply being carried and not actively playing the game.  It is designed for any player to jump in, tag a mob, and get credit, especially nice if you've been waiting for an event or mob and run in and quickly hit it.  

I would run low level friends alts in another game for xp where I would annihilate everything and they gained levels.  Since GW2 is very generous with xp and leveling, it isn't a feature.  There will be PLENTY of shared group things to do along the way and after 80.  

I'd suggest just taking everything in bite sizes, take your time, continue enjoying the game, and Gibson above had some very helpful suggestions for two players.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I am in the same context of playing as a duo with my wife.  We are enjoying it tremendously.  

Although the lack of group credit is very valid, we found over time the impact to be negligeable. 
As someone mentioned,  the only real impact is time to complete hearts. When one is progressing faster we simply wait for the partner behind to hit first before engaging, and we finish at roughly the same time.  Other times we just wait for the second one to finish and clean inventory in the meantime (there seems to always have inventory to clean in this game...).

Being of different levels has no impact, so if one gets ahead it's not an issue.  Early on we ran with different boosters to level together until we realized that it really was not an issue.  If one gets a little more loot, we share the resulting gold anyways.

We have done hearts in the Tyria maps only once for map completion, except if needed for some collection or other.  Newer maps have much less hearts, so it is even less of a factor.

Now in open world we do map events, fractals, Strikes and activities based on whatever the collection we are working on.  Lately we added some fishing for crafting a first legendary weapon (yes, we were sure we would never craft one, but here we are).  We also did each dungeons at least once.  We have joined a guild to do  WvW which is really intense.  Another thing we thought we would never do.  We are looking at getting into raids eventually, but life.

So yeah, I just wanted to add the perspective that it's a very long road and hearts are the first couple of yards only.

Hope you keep enjoying the game!

• Like 2

For guild decorations, for the owl statue you buy with salvage in Drizzlewood Coast, please allow us the option to merge the statues into another statue, and then merge those into a third statue. I'm thinking of the concept where the Tequatl tailbones get merged into a bronze Teq statue, and then multiple bronze get merged into a silver, then multiple silver get merged into gold.

My current ability to turn my entire guild hall into a shrine to owl is currently putting those little owl statues everywhere.

Owl deserves much, much more, given her sacrifices for us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I am adding this very serious topic under the quality of life ideas forum, by Kroof

I can confirm this necessity, I have more then 1 friend that complained and dropped gw2 after few days of playing because of the role confusion (and animations, the animations in this game are often considered ugly and they are kind of a wall I noticed, friends of mine coming from much older games complained about the low quality animation and motion capture this game has, and sometimes I must agree with them). Anyway, back to the roles problem, while I have to say that, against other games, the single stats of gw2 are pretty clear, I must say, by my personal experience, that it took me some time to completely understand which path it was better to take while selecting stats based on my spec, more of this, I think, according to the video, that stats combinations are quite unbalanced and need a rework and a categorization, something like the exemples in the last part of the video.

Edited by Val.7826
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

First of all;

Thank you very much for the Reduced price of mounts all week.

I finally got the Roadrunner skin for my raptor. Much appreciated. 

Now, onto the requests:

1. Action Side missions.

I had previously requested a Boss fight mode, in which we'd get to fight all GW1 main bosses on a PvC Arena. But I'm requesting this time a mode which we could, for instance use our Deadeye like an assassin that had to use stealth to succeed.

Sort of like a mix of bounties + dungeon like.

Missions could consist in gathering intel, to retrieval, to assassination.

Using a sniper rifle and a well placed headshot to eliminate the designated target.

Other examples of additional game modes would be like Cabin Fever. Consisting in a group of players being stuck in a small wooden house, and having to survive waves of enemies such as undead, mordrem, etc.

If you would please also consider adding Capture the Flag into PvP, with and without mounts. 

Last Man Standing. Which speaks for itself.

Finally, I think... 

May I also request the Siege Turtle to be added to WvW. Alternatively you could add a new 2 person mount. For instance the Siege Devourers from GW1 EotN. 

Personally I think this one would be a totally fantastic and awesome addition to WvW.

Maybe both? If I'm being a bit ambitious?

2. Book Library. 

A book shelf in Personal home instance, where we can store all the books we collect around tyria.

3. Street signs for Guild Halls.

Mostly because I get new players all the time and having to explain frequently where everything is in the guild. But also because it would look nice. This could be optional. So perhaps adding the option to make them in scribing station would be the best way?

Thanks for your time and patience. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Hey could we make fishing stacks persist between instances of the same map?

It has been unbearably frustrating to be told probably 6 times in the same 2 hrs of fishing to change maps because my instance keeps closing and I keep having to volunteer to go to the new map, and I LOSE all my stacks each time. It sucks. It makes doing my fishing achievements that much more mind-numbing rather than enjoyable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kari.1492 said:

Hey could we make fishing stacks persist between instances of the same map?

It has been unbearably frustrating to be told probably 6 times in the same 2 hrs of fishing to change maps because my instance keeps closing and I keep having to volunteer to go to the new map, and I LOSE all my stacks each time. It sucks. It makes doing my fishing achievements that much more mind-numbing rather than enjoyable.

Whilst you await implementation of your suggestion, don't change maps when the prompt comes up.  You'll have at least an hour, and possibly the prompt will go away. 

• Confused 1

Oh I delay every time - but I have been kicked to many maps as well, and the problem still exists. I understand not making stacks persist across DIFFERENT maps, but instances of the same one seems foolish. I have had to change maps nearly every hour, even when delaying changing maps.

• Confused 1

Outfits, Gliders, Mounts, Minis, should be gear tab specific and change when you swap gear tabs.

What I mean by this, example:

1. On Gear Tab 1, I have a flaming theme for say a Condi Berserker setup. It has some kind of flame outfit, flaming wings & glider, all flame mounts, fire elemental mini.
  2. When I swap to Gear Tab 2, it automatically loads my settings for a mechanical themed Power setup with some techno outfit, mechanical backpack & glider, all mechanical mounts, some steam creature mini.

This would be really fun for the fashion wars.

I have 10 years worth of unlocked skins. I'd like to have a reason to use them as well as more incentive to get new ones.

Would be awesome, thanks.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2

I cannot believe after over a year of EoD that the Fishing Party Buff has not been reworked to not be as horrific as it is.

The number of times you get kicked from a map from it closing due to not enough players is ridiculous.  It'd be fine if you kept your buff (that can be done, just look at the Volunteer's Blessing BUFF that is awarded upon changing) but it is so cruel to lose all that effort through no fault of the player.

Thinking of an alternative, why can't the Fishing Party Buff work similarly to the World vs World Participation feature?  Make it permanent (so it even persists when logged out) but it decays over time.  That way one can grind fishing across any maps, and not lose the buff due to map closures or even disconnections (which are happening ever more frequently lately).

Another really horrible "feature" of the Fishing Party Buff as it is, is not being able to go help someone in need because you'll lose all that work you've done to gain that buff if you can't return to your skiff in 15 seconds.  Really goes against the "helpful community" idea that is always preached...

• Confused 2