[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You think that based on what exactly?

on admittedly faulty memory. seems like in the early days i got coin for nearly everything (even if it was only a few copper), now i get coin drops maybe 15% of kills.

and the general principle of nerfing all the things 

• Confused 3

15 hours ago, Handsel.2891 said:

Exclude accounts with at least one level 80 character from the event completion dailies in low level/starter zones, the same way accounts with only low level characters are excluded from dailies in level 80 zones. (Although this might be moot, if there are drastic changes coming to the recurring achievements with SotO.)

Edit: If you feel confused, don't be afraid to ask. The first step to solve your problem is admitting you have one. Have a nice day. 💜

I think they put starter zones in for level 80 toons on purpose so players aren't isolated to their own level and there's a higher level toon to amaze newbies with mounts and fashion, and to answer questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

So I'm not allowed to do events I never did before on a low level character because I have one at 80? That doesn't sound stupid in the slightest... /s

I think the comment was just in regards to contribution to the dailies, the ones like "Do four events in Gendarran Fields".

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

So I'm not allowed to do events I never did before on a low level character because I have one at 80? That doesn't sound stupid in the slightest... /s

Event completion DAILIES. Did you read my post carefully? You can do any event you want, it's just that max level characters overwhelm the starting zones when there is a daily event completer there and low level characters, especially new players have a hard time participating when mobs are one-shot killed by dismount abilities. So either balance the level adjustment stats for higher level characters (has not happened, although has been complained about many times, mainly ingame) or don't give max level characters daily event completer achievements on low level zones. I don't think that's stupid.  /s or no /s

This confused this fast? Man, I love these forums...

Edited by Handsel.2891
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Handsel.2891 said:

Event completion DAILIES. Did you read my post carefully? You can do any event you want, it's just that max level characters overwhelm the starting zones when there is a daily event completer there and low level characters, especially new players have a hard time participating when mobs are one-shot killed by dismount abilities. So either balance the level adjustment stats for higher level characters (has not happened, although has been complained about many times, mainly ingame) or don't give max level characters daily event completer achievements on low level zones. I don't think that's stupid.  /s or no /s

This confused this fast? Man, I love these forums...

So I get no benefit from carrying you new players either? If the only dailies you can manage to do are these then you'd be struggling hard with NO players that have level 80s helping you.

We love making new players feel overwhelmed even more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm aware that legendary backpieces were released before they had the technology to dye backpieces, and I'm not asking for Anet to go back and make every single backpiece dyeable(though that would be nice, it'd be highly unlikely), I'm suggesting that it would begreat for Anet go back and apply the technology on the 3 Legendary backpieces that we have that players poured tens if not hundreds of hours into making and make them dyable so that they may match their legendary armor without having to transmute them away for style. It feels really odd for the only dyeable backpieces for them to be mostly gemstore items.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Like it was done with:

• Divinity's Reach <=> Doric Lake.
  • Doric Lake (Fort Evennia)  => Harathi Hinterlands (Arca lake, one way)
  • Lion's Arch (Coriolis Plaza) <=> Arborstone.
  • Lion's Arch (Sanctum Arbor) => Crystal Oasis (Amnoon, one way).
  • Domain of Vabbi (Vehtendi Vineyard) <=> Jahai Bluffs (Reclaimed Chantry).
  • Crystal Oasis (Amnoon harbor) => Domain of Istan (one way).
  • Grothmar Valley (Blood Keep) => Bjora Marches: add an icon on the map for the Vigil Chopper.

Add New destinations (add icons on world map for vehicules):

Central Tyria:

• Crystal Oasis <=> Lion's Arch: make the destination both way with an arship.
  • Fields of Ruins (Desert Gate) <=> Desert Highlands (Closed Passage).
  • Mount Maelstrom (Judgment Rock) <=> Desert Highlands (Derelelict Delve).
  • Mount Maelstrom (Old Sledge Site) <=> Thunderhead Peaks (Labyrinthine Mountains): use the Shining Blade ship model.
  • Straits of Devastation (Armada Harbor) <=> Siren's Landing (Bloated Beach): use the Shining Blade ship model.
  • Cursed Shore (Gavebeorn's Landing) <=> Ember Bay: use a Shining Blade ship model and make the destination both way.
  • Lion's Arch (Sanctum Arbor) <=> Bloodstone Fen (Soulkeeper's Airship): use the airships.
  • Rata Sum (Port) <=> Ember Bay: use a Shining Blade ship model and make the destination both way.
  • Rata Sum (Port) <=> Draconis Mons: reuse the submarine from the story and make the destination both way.
  • Ember Bay <=> Draconis Mons: reuse the submarine from the story and make the destination both way.
  • Doric Lake (Fort Evennia) <=> Harathi Hinterlands (Arca lake): make the destination both way.

Elona:

• Crystal Oasis (Amnoon harbor) <=> Domain of Istan: make the destination both way.
  • Crystal Oasis (Amnoon harbor) <=> Sandswept Isles (Atholma): use the ship to Istan model.
  • Crystal Oasis (Amnoon harbor) <=> Domain of Kourna (Western Front).
  • Domain of Istan <=> Domain of Kourna: use the ship to Istan model.
  • Domain of Istan <=> Sandswept Isles (Atholma): use the ship to Istan model.
  • Sandswept Isle <=> Domain of Kourna (Western Front): use the ship to Istan model.
  • Crystal Oasis <=> Dragonfall (Airdrome Port): use airships.

North:

• Black Citadel <=> Grothmar Valley: reuse the Vigil Chopper from the story and make it permanent.
  • Grothmar Valley (Blood Keep) <=> Drizzlewood Coast: add a new option to the existing Vigil Chopper.
  • Drizzlewood Coast <=> Bjora Marches: make the existing Vigil Chopper works with all Icebrood Saga destinations.
  • Eye of the North <=> Grothmar Valley: make the existing Vigil Chopper works with all Icebrood Saga destinations.
  • Eye of the North <=> Bjora Marches: make the existing Vigil Chopper works with all Icebrood Saga destinations.
  • Eye of the North <=> Drizzlewood Coast: make the existing Vigil Chopper works with all Icebrood Saga destinations.
  • Brisban Wildlands (Lionshead Outcrops) <=> Drizzlewood Coast: since the Janthir part of Icebrood Saga was set apart.
  • Brisban Wildlands (Lionshead Outcrops) <=> Isles of Janthir: maybe a reuse for the next Soto expansion ?

Bonus (but it need to make the Labyrinthine Cliffs area available forever):

• Mount Maelstrom (Old Sledge Site) <=> Labyrinthine Cliffs: use the Shining Blade ship model
  • Thunderhead Peaks (Labyrinthine Mountains) <=> Labyrinthine Cliffs

Pros:

• Make the world more consistent and alive.
  • More travelling options fore explorer types players.

Cons:

• Developement times: mobilize at least two developers (level design and programming, more with the bonus).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Hey,

When we are entering a fractal i would like to see a concept art of the fractal and the name of the fractal, its kinda confusing when your constantly going in and out, and u just see "fractals of the mist". While in any other area of the game, PvE maps, PvP etc you see a concept art of the concrete place and the name in their loading screens.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If you own Path of Fire expansion, you can get the Raptor mount at level 10 without starting The Path of Fire story.

But what about adding in PERMANENT basic Raptor mount, basic gliding (worse gliding then HOT basic gliding, make it only viable too survive fall damage) and basic fishing to Vanilla Guild Wars 2, giving new players incentives to buy the expansions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Err the incentive to buy a bicycle irl is because you don't want to travel on foot.  That incentive seems to work irl.  

The most persuasive incentive I found to get a glider was bloodstone fen in living world season 3.  You can't survive jumping off of the airship without a glider.  This actually is the reason I started playing HoT.  

A glider may be convenient in the core game but it isn't nessassary until season 3.  No need to rush things.

Adding fishing to the core game is probably a bad idea.  New players are already drowning in a sea of unfamiliar game mechanics. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Esparado.9305 said:

If you own Path of Fire expansion, you can get the Raptor mount at level 10 without starting The Path of Fire story.

Accounts with any of the Elder Dragon Saga expansions: Heart of Thorns, Path of Fire or End of Dragons unlocked will be granted permanent access to the basic raptor mount after they reach level 10 on a single character.

1 hour ago, Esparado.9305 said:

But what about adding in PERMANENT basic Raptor mount, basic gliding (worse gliding then HOT basic gliding, make it only viable too survive fall damage) and basic fishing to Vanilla Guild Wars 2, giving new players incentives to buy the expansions?

If you add permanent expansion unlocks to base game, it's not exactly an incentive to buy those expansions. What NOT PERMANENT raptor unlock does is: "see? This is a raptor. You like it? Cool, you can play with it for 10h but then buy expansion if you still want to have it".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Esparado.9305 said:

Giving basic expansion features to vanilla players does not incentivize them to buy the expansions. It might advertise the expac features but could create an impression that just waiting will give expac features over time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Giving basic expansion features to vanilla players does not incentivize them to buy the expansions. It might advertise the expac features but could create an impression that just waiting will give expac features over time.

I agree with this...if you give a mouse a cookie, it wants a glass of milk.  I think rentals, festivals, the mount at 10, are all adequate advertising for why you might want the expansions.  Heck I'd even say why not a free fishing weelend or at a festival so you can try it out, but nothing more than greens and blues maybe caught.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Like a free skyscale ... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 2