[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

If Anet can address the following bright flashing lights in the game, it would be appreciated. It may not seem like much to most players, but for players with medical conditions or eye fatigue, these cause strong discomfort, pain, and other issues.

Soulbeast Ranger: Every time the character mounts (the character will exit soulbeast mode), there's a bright yellow flashing light. This is more of a problem when the camera is zoomed in.

Pharus legendary bow: Every time the player starts attacking (when the bow is drawn), there's a bright flashing pillar of light.

Holosmith Engineer: Many of their skills cause bright flashing lights.

Vistas in maps: Every time the player views a vista, the entire screen flashes white.

Reducing the brightness of these effects, making the effects gradual instant of instant, or letting players adjust visibility of their own effects are some ways these can be addressed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Could there be a label added to titles so when we look at our available titles, we can tell how we got them. This would enhance the title feature.

Also maybe some more titles. There are some achievements with really interesting names, but no associated title (for example, "I've Seen Things", "Unshippable", "Ruler of Shinies", "Quicksand Survivor", "History Buff", "Carrot Collector") and players get story titles that can't be equipped ("Hero of Shaemoor", Order titles, etc.) 

1. Rotate costumes in the Wizard's vault or through new system. How fast the outfits get rotated is up to Anet, but I feel like the game could give people who bought the game more fashion choices..than the basic gear we find around the game.

2. Same with mounts.

As someone who bought all the expansions and living worlds recently and who doesn't mind supporting Anet through gem store, I feel like they could throw people a bone from time to time. At least those who did indeed buy their expansions. 

Maybe something like a 1 free outfit ticket per expansion bought. The only problem is how retro-active this would be..

Sometimes as companies we have to bite the bullet to grow the game (consumer base).

• Confused 1

The Bank seriously needs some love. I could use half a dozen more bank tabs, increases to the storage capacity in material slots to 5000 and dedicated space to store many of the newer items introduced since Dragon's End dropped.

With the current bank limits inventory management is becoming a real downer.

Edited by Glass Hand.7306
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hey, just a thought.... would it be possible to put into the game a way to turn off unwanted notifications. such as i need to jump during the fight with Fire Elemental. or if you don't have a mastery unlocked to use something... its so freaking annouying its not even funny anymore. i know this would only really be used by veteran players but it would be really nice... those notifications are rather annouying when your just trying to play and already know how to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Create a jukebox for VIP lounges

Both Mistlock and Thousand seas music gets old really fast

I would like to have some of the nice track from core playing instead etc

Maybe there would be an issue with the passes that are part of a world map already, if that's the case it could just be a unique feature for the instanced VIP lounges

Edited by jokke.6239

47 minutes ago, Lantana.7453 said:
can we please have an opportunity to buy guild slots in the gemstore? 
5 slots are really too few for me and many others.

How many Guilds do you really need to be in?

If people can just buy Guild Slots, this would cause issues where some people would farm every Guild Hall they can buy (from buying Guild Slots). This means that Guilds that have invested time and energy to upgrade their Guild Halls now will have random people joining only to farm GH nodes and leave (not even donate any mats or Gold to upgrade GH) and make Guild even less about community and more about just getting rich fast.

It would not be any good idea with unlimited or more then those 5 Guilds can have right now and make community even more floating.

I don't want to see Guild become the next thing that can be abused by getting Guild Commendation (currency from doing Guild Mission). It would also make Guild Banks become even more an issue as some Guild just exist for storage and nothing else, instead of upgrading you own Bank or Material Storage.

So your suggestion have more implication then just "give me more Guild Slots - I can pay with real money or gold in Gem Store"...

• Like 1

I'm not against the limit being raised but 5 guilds has always been enough for me, even though I'm in a personal guild and a 'caretaker' admin for my first guild so I won't leave even though it's inactive.

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

If people can just buy Guild Slots, this would cause issues where some people would farm every Guild Hall they can buy (from buying Guild Slots). This means that Guilds that have invested time and energy to upgrade their Guild Halls now will have random people joining only to farm GH nodes and leave (not even donate any mats or Gold to upgrade GH) and make Guild even less about community and more about just getting rich fast.

You can only harvest from multiple guilds if they're at different Synthesis Output levels, and there's only 4 levels so it's already possible for someone to get access to all of them.

(That caught me out when guild halls were first introduced. I was in 2 active guilds and they were never at the same level so I was used to harvesting from both halls, then they both got to the max level and suddenly I wasn't able to do that any more, the second guild halls nodes would be empty.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/2/2023 at 12:59 PM, XgoroX.6920 said:

Hey, just a thought.... would it be possible to put into the game a way to turn off unwanted notifications. such as i need to jump during the fight with Fire Elemental. or if you don't have a mastery unlocked to use something... its so freaking annouying its not even funny anymore. i know this would only really be used by veteran players but it would be really nice... those notifications are rather annouying when your just trying to play and already know how to.

or just make them so they don't need to be clicked to dismiss.

if i'm dismissing the notify, i'm not jumping the shock wave, if i can even see it. 

Its something everyone can use, we have leggy armor, leggy weapons and trinkets, leggy mount, but now the meat of the matter needs to be addressed! we need a legendary bag! 50 or 100 slots we can do a trip around the world to get it!  From the swamps of kryta to the jungles of maguuma and the deserts of elona and beyond. let the journey begin! 

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• Tiviana.2650 changed the title to posting here because main forum! Devs give us something to work for we need
26 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Its something everyone can use, we have leggy armor, leggy weapons and trinkets, leggy mount, but now the meat of the matter needs to be addressed! we need a legendary bag! 50 or 100 slots we can do a trip around the world to get it!  From the swamps of kryta to the jungles of maguuma and the deserts of elona and beyond. let the journey begin! 

No, i'm sorry if a bag is going to be legendary it better be a bag of holding and be limitless capacity.

• Like 2

Look, the Brazilian community loves the game, and we really enjoy inviting friends to play. I have several friends who appreciate a game with a good storyline and more, but in this gaming era we live in, it shouldn't be that hard to at least have the text in Portuguese... I would be eternally grateful, and I say this on behalf of many Brazilians as well. 😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1