Is it me or...

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It might be you.

Hmmm probably then....

14 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Yeah, just you . . .

I guess...

16 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Not sure how you could tell as maps are on megaserver and you can't tell how many instances are open at a given time.

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

When I want to do specific large group content I look in LFG for a taxi squad to it.  If I'm a little late joining up, I almost always have to queue into the map.  Doesn't feel at all empty to me.

To be fair, the large group content I'm focusing on is to get stuff for legendary armor, which many others are also doing, so it's probably easier to find a lot of folks working on SotO metas than, say, navigating the Chalice of Tears or fighting the giant sloth.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Is the game less crowded each day?

It feels like its dying out a bit which isnt strange with the "big" content drops every patch...

You kidding right? We have 4 or 5 story updates per year (!). For example Swtor have barely 2 or worse, 1 per 7-8 months. I play on medium serwer with 3 characters on different maps, every map is populated well. For random 'champ group event' on random map i ask for help and always there is someone to come.

For me the best mmorpg by the way. Now i play Icebrood, another beautiful expansion. I heard people dislike last chapter: champions. Now i play dragon response missions and i like them, opposite what others said about them. I will write final judgment later.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Mirror.3521 said:

I play on medium serwer with 3 characters on different maps, every map is populated well.

Side note: servers only matter for WvW; everyone plays PvE/open world on a "megaserver," which is all servers combined, that makes new instances of maps as needed if the population on a map gets too high.

-----------

I always see people running around in open world. Some maps have less population, but that's just the nature of a game that now has more than 60 maps, along with tons of metas and other things to do. Some maps are very unpopular, and you won't see very many people there, while others will have multiple instances made of their maps because some key meta event is going on at the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

It feels like its dying out a bit which isnt strange with the "big" content drops every patch...

My experience is very different than the OP's. I have a main account and 5 alt accounts. On the main account I run WvW dailies and weeklies. Some weeks WvW is so crowded that we are fighting every time we turn around. Other weeks, it's so quiet that we mostly ppt for our daily runs and we have to look for folks to fight if that is part of the daily. There still are players on the other servers though. That's obvious because they are capping stuff that we then go and cap back. So it's not an absence of players. It's just that different servers have fight squads at different times of day. That's why during some matchups we fight a lot, while others we don't.

On  my alt accounts I do pve dailies and weeklies. This week those included 10 events, 10 champs, and 100 flame legion. The easiest way to farm champs and events is with the Joko invasions. As an old, retired guy, I can play as much as I want, at whatever times I want, during the day. So, on the various accounts, I've been doing the invasions anywhere from 5:30 am to 12:30 pm, to 5:30 pm. No matter what time of day I did them, there were enough other folks also doing them that I had to scramble to get from one incursion to the next before the mini-event was over. I also spent time on various Ascalonion maps this week, hunting flame legion kills. Every map I was on, again at widely varying times of day, had other active players on them. At no time in all of this, did any map feel deserted or empty.

Something I have noticed though, that the OP didn't mention, is that for as long as I've been playing GW2, some 6 1/2 years now, there has been a slow but steady stream of people coming on this forum, talking about GW2's imminent demise. Well, it hasn't happened yet. So when I see such posts, I think more of Chicken Little than of anything else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

I have this feeling since EoD.

I had that feeling when EoD was released and I felt so alone in Kaineng, especially considering it was a brand new release at the time. (But it seems the majority took a lot more time to get there, as weeks later the map was just as busy as I expected it to be).

In contrast, SotO was immediately well populated.

7 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

Which maps or events do you mean?

I have no complaints about the main maps or expansion maps. On the contrary. I've already had to stop my world exploration because other players made it difficult for me to get hearts because 3 players making the same heart is apparently already too much for some hearts.

Where I notice fewer players is on some maps of the seasons. I recently made Bjora Marches and Istan. And for one Istan meta there were always very few players to make it. About 10 players. On other maps like Jahai Bluffs were always a lot of players moving around here and there, even for the meta there were a lot of players.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I think with GW2 is like with some other older games where situations is that game is still alive and it will keep going for many years, just that it isn't anymore in its best days but that doesn't mean that it does not have its qualities. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

I mean with the bare minimum of content that's been released what do you expect? Not to mention they've finally succeeded in ending any desire outside of weekly for wvw. All good things must come to an end, boonball has seen to that. 

Edited by Wolfofdivinity.6251
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10

16 hours ago, Wolfofdivinity.6251 said:

I mean with the bare minimum of content that's been released what do you expect? Not to mention they've finally succeeded in ending any desire outside of weekly for wvw. All good things must come to an end, boonball has seen to that. 

How can it be the bare minimum if at least one other MMO (SWTOR) is still around with even less content coming out?

• Like 3