Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

• ArenaNet Staff
2 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Ah! It's the thing that we've been asking for for the last 5 years!

Nope! This is just a fun thing we wanted to share with you early! 
Next week is for that "Thing players have been requesting for over five years"... and a bunch of other stuff too! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

FINALLY! It only took 10 years!

It is not Lost Ark level of goodness, but it is a start, right? This is only the start, yes?

(Please someone at Anet go check the beach skins Lost Ark has and make legally distinct versions, I will pay for them.)

Edited by Skoll.6580
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

So...

If this came out like, last year, I'd be super excited. Wouldn't think anything of it. Though, would be a little perplexed as to why we still don't have some idle animations back (still a believer in my "idle animation as store purchases" that you can enable/disable multiple at a time, just like you'd enable one mini, you could enable one to many idle animations to fire when it's time, but I digress).

Now, there is this looming extra context for everything that we get.

Yes, I guess now might be a good time to cash in on something like this, right? I mean...if x, y and z?

But, I have a big pool of gems, so why not use them, even if I don't envision investing in much more.

Yes, it's very cool, and thank you. But also, it could all be a big why not at this point.

Sincerely, 
Panda Does Not Have Enough Info To Be Happy or Sad 🐼

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

Some of these looks really nice. 🙂

I'm especially happy about the option for shorts on male characters. I recently discovered that the Sanctified leggings from the Wizard's Vault look like shorts on medium characters and my charr thief has been wearing them, but it will be nice to have the option for others.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

Now we just need updated character models whose human faces don't look like they're from the sims 2 (let me be clear though this is super low priority compared to more content, but just sayin)

also thanks for making them separate pieces and not just some lame novelty item thing

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

These beach style skins are SO awesome! ❤️ Thanks Anet! And really cool that it's not Outfit but actual individual skins so can mix and match parts. Amazing! Glad you have heard the feedback. So take my money! 😍 And yes, as some others have wished also, more like this and also seasonal "casual wear", like t-shirts, tanktops, shorts, jeans, accessories, cute backpacks, sunglasses, summery hats etc, all are welcome and for sure will buy. My body is ready, gonna buy some Gems now. 😄

And yes, i also play FFXIV so i am very used to getting new beach wear/bikini styles each year for the usual beach, party & venue RP stuff. So for me these are normal skins. Since in FF14 it's very normal to have beach/seasonal/casual wear skins.

Will definitely buy (on both of my 2 accounts haha) ^^ Whoever made these and the decision to do it, based and you have my thanks! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

"These are separate armor pieces--if you look over the different screenshots you can see some mix and match going on."

wow, does this mean I’ll finally have the chance to put on pants again? Fantastic! 🥰

Also, have you noticed the significant increase in your X’s interactions? When was the last time you received over 90 replies on your posts, especially on a random Friday post?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'm so excited!! Round of applause for armors instead of outfits! Chefs kiss for the open shirt on female charr, I hope we get some of the more fem options for them as well! My surfer gal needs to be in that sarong ♥

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We heard that a few of you have been requesting...

...That you fix the broken defense mechanics in WvW. Please tell the WvW players that you've heard us asking for that.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7