Strikes - Central Location Needed

Strikes need to have a central location to enter all of them.

Dungeons - Fractals - Raids - Guild Missions - all have a central location where people can meet up with your squad and enter them or be pulled in due to one person entering the instance. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

I agree.

I rarely do strikes so I don't remember all the names or which ones go with which hub, and end up either jumping around all of them or having to ask the group and wait for a response before I can start loading into the map. It would be really helpful to have 1 central location I can go to find all of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Meanwhile, it's more likely that Anet will just introduce another hub with the next expansion. So we'd be jumping around even more.

Well, they have not said that JW will have strikes and I'm 95% sure that the Wizards Tower will stay the main hub for JW. 

5 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I thought Eye of the North covered this. I don't do strikes so genuine question here. You can't do all strikes from EotN?

No. Only IBS strikes. EoD strikes are in Arborstone, and SotO strikes in Wizard's Tower. There's no single hub for all those.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Strikes need to have a central location to enter all of them.

Dungeons - Fractals - Raids - Guild Missions - all have a central location where people can meet up with your squad and enter them or be pulled in due to one person entering the instance. 

Yea I think all anyone can hope for is a lounge pass for strikes like mistlock sanctary is for fractals.

While this would be nice, I suspect the reason it is done now is that means people must buy the next expansion in order to get access to the the relevant strikes.  For example, if you don't own SotO, you can not get to the wizards tower, and thus can not enter the SotO strikes.  Likewise for EoD/Arborstone.  If there was some central location which all players could access (regardless of expansions owned) and all strikes were accessible, there would need to be some other mechanism to prevent those from entering strikes, which would probably cause problems of people joining squads and then not able to enter the actual strike.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Solvar.7953 said:

which would probably cause problems of people joining squads and then not able to enter the actual strike.

This is happening anyway. It doesnt really change anything.

Anyway I would just like to enter all the instanced content from everywhere. You can already enter spvp and wvw, why not pve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

While this would be nice, I suspect the reason it is done now is that means people must buy the next expansion in order to get access to the the relevant strikes.  For example, if you don't own SotO, you can not get to the wizards tower, and thus can not enter the SotO strikes.  Likewise for EoD/Arborstone.  If there was some central location which all players could access (regardless of expansions owned) and all strikes were accessible, there would need to be some other mechanism to prevent those from entering strikes, which would probably cause problems of people joining squads and then not able to enter the actual strike.

This already happens with raids that needed both hot, pof in the past and in the future jw.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea I think all anyone can hope for is a lounge pass for strikes like mistlock sanctary is for fractals.

Why?

We've got a central lobby for raids and not that long ago they updated how dungeons work so you can join the group inside from Lion's Arch instead of having to go to the map. Why couldn't they do the same for strikes?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Why?

We've got a central lobby for raids and not that long ago they updated how dungeons work so you can join the group inside from Lion's Arch instead of having to go to the map. Why couldn't they do the same for strikes?

Gemstore item vs free in game?

• Confused 2

They probably still prefer the "hub per expansion's content" approach and currently I wouldn't say it's a bad idea -although that's from the perspective of someone who has relevant hub portal scrolls in shared inv slots, so there's that. Whichever way this goes, it doesn't really matter to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Gemstore item vs free in game?

Both are free and don't require unlocking.

The raid lobby is the Lion's Arch Aerodrome, which is open to everyone, even characters or accounts which can't enter raids. Likewise anyone can talk to the Dungeon Transportation NPC in Lion's Arch to enter a dungeon (added to the game in September last year), or if someone in their party is already inside they'll get the prompt to join them.

(I just tried going into the Aerodrome on my core-only account and I can get in and use all the services, but if I try to go through one of the portals to enter a raid I get a big notification that I'll need to buy either HoT or PoF, depending on the raid.)

It's the same with Fractals, they didn't remove the original portal in Lion's Arch when Mistlock Sanctuary was created, so everyone can access Fractals that way without having to buy or unlock anything to do so.

All these functions are in Fort Marriner in the south of Lion's Arch (along with portals to the Heart of the Mists and WvW maps) if you want to see them for yourself.

Edit: This really makes Strikes look like the odd one out. We've got 4 types of instanced group content - dungeons, fractals, raids and strikes - and 3 of them can be entered from LA, no matter which specific one/s you're planning to do. Then there's strikes where you need to know which expansion or Living World season that specific strike was part of to work out which of the 3 distant lobbies has the entrance, then you need to be able to get there on that character. That's not a problem for IBS strikes because all accounts with a level 80 character have the Eye of the North waypoint unlocked automatically, but the EoD and SotO ones require going through the story or using a teleport scroll.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I suppose it depends on what Anet wants in regard to population distribution.  Do they want several lobbies with lower population?  Do they want fewer lobbies with each containing a higher population?

What are the advantages of either approach in regards to community?  Are there technical obstacles?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

This already works this way for raids. No reason why it would suddenly not work equally as well for strikes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

50 people in a hub and I can’t get 10 people who want to go to the same strike!!!!

Am I wrong in my prediction?  Just skip the middle steps and make an automated match maker for strikes. Then fast forward to the part where we claim X strike is dead because Y strike is the only one that can fill a queue. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Adding extra options to the strike/DRM portal in EotN would be the most logical solution

Or add them all were you can join old lions court in lions arch.

I dont see Anet doing either of them but we got the dungeon lions arch place after what 11 years or so?

There is always hope.

• Like 3