Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Joraan Adenard.2061 said:If they are boring, why are you doing them ? And if you only do that, why are you playing the game ? It's not like they were actually profitable anyway.

for the ap why else, it would not be such a pain in the behind if they didnt remove monthlies to artificially prolong the time that is needed.

Well if you want something, like AP, and you need to do something, 3 dailies out of a good selection of things to do, to get what you want. You also want to do the dailies or you don't want the AP.

Having a gemshop item that generates 10AP and 2 g per day would come close to VIP-Player systems. I bet they make some good MMOs in china or Korea that cater to that.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I say no for one reason.Like yesterday/today I struggled to find any dailies I wanted/could do, but finally got them done but here's the thing. I do them for the gold as I really don't have a way to make gold in this game.If I were to buy something in the gem store to complete them, those same gems I could turn into gold so what is the bloody point?

so you are saying you cant make more then 2 gold per day ? really thats strange because 1 round of pretty any zerg activity will give you tons of mats and stuff you can sell for gold. the new istan area will give alot more then 2 gold per run so will sw so will fractals so will ab so will pretty much anything.
the only reason i can see is you dont want to put in or cant put in effort

the only reason i can see is you dont want to put in or cant put in effort.......

That statement is the heart of the OP’s suggestion and his refusal to give a reason other than I want puts a cap on it.

Yes.

It should cost 1000 gems, and mark three random dailies done. If you've already done one or two, it just marks enough done to get you the daily completion reward.

Note please that it only marks them as done, you don't get any reward for those activities. Just the final completion reward for doing 3.

The item is one use. Tomorrow you'll need another one.

The icon should be a whale with a dunce cap on.

Def. against the idea. Dailies sometimes is the only reason I log on, well, daily. I don't run fractals consistently, nor do I raid, so the dailies at least keeps me logging in, getting AP and gold with little work if I'm not feeling up to exploring or finishing any other area of the game (Like world completion on my current character). On occasion, the dailies include doing events in a zone I haven't been too in a while which I like. Other times, the dailies include doing things that take me maybe 5 minutes to complete for 10 AP (View vista, harvest, use mystic forge). I like that, alot.

If you don't want to do them, don't. If you want the 10ap/2g, do them.

C

Hey, I want to get my full Hellfire and Radiant armor sets, including the backpieces. 42k needed for all, if I'm not mistaken. I'm nearing 30k and have already reached my daily AP cap and done most of the PvE achievements. I could get a lot more and reach my goal faster if I threw myself onto the sPvP and WvW achievements. But it just so happens I don't like those game modes. If I want the AP, I'd have to do something I don't like to do. Since this is a game, which we play for fun during our leisure time, I don't intend to do anything I distinctly dislike, even if it does get me the things I want. I'll get there the long way around, and keep hoping that someday ANet will stop being Scrooge with their AP distribution (which has been getting worse over the years). Never, ever would I suggest a P2W option in the gemstore to get my rewards without doing anything for it (except spend money). I spent money to buy this game and its expansions to actually play it, not to avoid playing it. Yes, dailies are boring, yet I still do them for the 2G I get every day. That makes it worth it for me, albeit only marginally. But I know it's what I have to do if I want to reap the rewards, just like it works in real life.

TL/DR: If you want something, put your back into it. Nothing's for free in this world.

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

@"Shirlias.8104" said:And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

Incorrect. The cap is a total of 15,000 AP.

The cap is probably the reason why they added 2 gold to the daily.

Well, there is also a daily cap on AP. You only have to farm three of the daily login tasks. Which you actually have to do, merely logging in does not get you any AP at all.

I hit my 15K cap some time ago and I still do my three dailies almost every single day because the 2 gold is helpful, plus the individual task rewards include mats; when Big Spender is up I use my guild hall vendor to buy a badge and my guild hall tavern boost to up my WvW reward from the potion I get. Took a long time but I got my Stalwart Shoulders without setting foot in WvW, and am working on .. um ... another armor track, I think. Thanks to the cap, getting to 30K AP for the Radiant Chest is going to take some time while I stick with PvE, but I can imagine it happening.

Even if I were still working and thus still had essentially unlimited funds to buy gems with, I would scorn the idea of buying my AP. I'm on "what are you smoking" because AP reflect doing things in the game, not spending cash. Some of them are cheesy easy, some of them are bogglingly hard and give too few AP for what you go through, but they all make you engage in game play and that's the point of them.

@"Donari.5237" said:Even if I were still working and thus still had essentially unlimited funds to buy gems with, I would scorn the idea of buying my AP. I'm on "what are you smoking" because AP reflect doing things in the game, not spending cash. Some of them are cheesy easy, some of them are bogglingly hard and give too few AP for what you go through, but they all make you engage in game play and that's the point of them.

Anet also used to require you to run around in WvW for your legendaries. Not any more. That would make people engage in wvw just as you stated as a reason for doing dailies. If they removed them from one, why not another?Anet is in the business of making money, let alone depleting gold from the economy. It would change very little if it was put in. I marked yes, not because I'd ever use it, but because I can't see it hurt the game what so ever. The only things I'm seeing currently is more people just wanting others to suffer, work, or what other description you want to use, because they have. It is funny how people are about this.

I have the skills and the means to make my own shelving in real life. However, I also have the funds to buy shelving.The this analogy can be applied to the time in this instance as well. I have the ability, but do I want to take the time? Both end up with the same ends. Almost. If you actually do the dailies, you most likely end up with more material for your effort as well. This is why I really don't care one way or another if Anet would put this in. And in no fashion am I saying that anyone is wrong about their opinion.

The WvW removal was primarily because they were planning on rotating maps so there would no longer be a static set of world objectives to tick off for completion. As a side benefit, it removed PvE dedicated players who weren't in the maps to do anything but get their completion and thus were using up queue spots that actually participating players would like to have. Yes, I was super happy it was removed even though I haven't ever done a third completion and my first two were done during the WvW era, but it was for game mechanics reasons rather than philosophical ones.

It's not just time/ability. Would someone who bought a shiny first prize fishing trophy at a store be able to demand the recognition of being placed in the Fishing Hall of Fame?

@Donari.5237 said:It's not just time/ability. Would someone who bought a shiny first prize fishing trophy at a store be able to demand the recognition of being placed in the Fishing Hall of Fame?They could try and they would be laugh at and out all the way. Just as anyone who thinks AP count really means something gets laughed at here and in map chat.

@OneYenShort.3189 said:

@"Shirlias.8104" said:And Since there is no cap yes, you have to farm every single daily login in order to pursue your goal.

I was aware of the cap, but since you should do 1500 days of dailies with no days off in order to complete ( compulsive people ) it, it's definitely a long term goal.

I play since 6 months after the release if i recall correctly, and i don't have more of them ( most of the daily are because of SPvP or because i managed to do the last daily of the day because i happened to indirectly make 2 out o 3 ), so yeah the "normal target" shouldn't be the hardcore from beta till today nor the compulsive one which feels the urge to do his dailies.

People get antsy at the prospect of bought items which could turn out profitable in the long run. That said I really feel that people who have hit the daily login AP cap should get a single auto-completed daily just for pitching up (called veteran's vigil) which would award nothing except having 1 of the 3 required dailies completed before you start hopping around to complete mundane stuff.

And on a side note, it would be great if the game stopped saying you were being awarded 10 ap when you stop getting that 10 ap -.-

@Donari.5237 said:

Well, there is also a daily cap on AP. You only have to farm three of the daily login tasks. Which you actually have to do, merely logging in does not get you any AP at all.

I hit my 15K cap some time ago and I still do my three dailies almost every single day because the 2 gold is helpful, plus the individual task rewards include mats; when Big Spender is up I use my guild hall vendor to buy a badge and my guild hall tavern boost to up my WvW reward from the potion I get. Took a long time but I got my Stalwart Shoulders without setting foot in WvW, and am working on .. um ... another armor track, I think. Thanks to the cap, getting to 30K AP for the Radiant Chest is going to take some time while I stick with PvE, but I can imagine it happening.

Even if I were still working and thus still had essentially unlimited funds to buy gems with, I would scorn the idea of buying my AP. I'm on "what are you smoking" because AP reflect doing things in the game, not spending cash. Some of them are cheesy easy, some of them are bogglingly hard and give too few AP for what you go through, but they all make you engage in game play and that's the point of them.

FYI: Using the Tavern WvW Reward Track Booster does not affect the Potions acquired from WvW Dailies. So, you could save yourself time/trouble by skipping that trip to the Tavern. :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion_of_WvW_Rewards

Archived