New Mounts Exo-Suit Mounts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LucianDK.8615 said:Not terribly entused by them, watched the video on dulfy, does not look good in motion.

Actually I find the opposite to be true personally. The pictures seem to not do them justice like the video, and the griffin seems to have holographic style wings, which seems pretty cool.

Going to have to wait till I am home to play with them before forming an official opinion.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:...I waited till I could see them in game.

Good idea generally: I think nearly all of the MountFits look better in game than we can tell from preview or even Dulfy.

For those interested, I found a YouTuber who does a nice job of displaying MountFits. Hopefully she'll also cover these five new ones. Links to her older videos below. (If you're not a fan of Aurora Peachy-level enthusiasm, turn the sound off).

• (16 minutes)
  • (21 minutes, with links to each skin in the video description, so you can easily skip ahead)
  • (5 minutes, also with skip-links)
  • (27 minutes, also with skip links)

She covers lots of the original licensed MountFits, too, but each in a separate video.

Agreed. :)

I didn't buy this set, but I did buy the Branded set and I love using them. I'm hoping we'll get a 5-pack of 'plain' skins - ones with 3/4 dye channels but no flashy effects (like the Striped Jarin raptor, Tawny Hare, River Mothwing skimmer, Banded Mystic Jackal and Istani Bald griffon).

Overall the 5 packs have definitely been my favourite way of selling mount skins. You know exactly what you're getting and although you might need to buy 4 skins you don't like for 1 you do it's the same price as buying the Istani skins individually and you might find a use for those 4 later on. (Especially since I've found several skins I don't like until I see them dyed, then they look much better.)

@DarthFurby.3970 said:This is now the second mount pack set at this price point, the blood stone being the first, or what I believe to be the first.

I will agree it is quite enticing to have an entire set of mount skins at that price, especially given the unique look.

Think it's the 4th or 5th isn't it? Halloween, Wintersday, branded and now this unless I missed one

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I wasn’t too keen on them from seeing the blogpost picture so I waited till I could see them in game. With the right dyes they are really nice looking. The outfits and mounts in Dulfy are usually dyed to show dye channels, not to show them to best advantage so they’re better when you dye them.

I have one character (human female) who uses the Inquest exo-suit dyed in four-way Celestial, and added these mount skins also in four-way Celestial. Much pleased.

@DarthFurby.3970 said:This is now the second mount pack set at this price point, the blood stone being the first, or what I believe to be the first.

I will agree it is quite enticing to have an entire set of mount skins at that price, especially given the unique look.

Spooky mount pack was the first, IIRC.

@Danikat.8537 said:If these don't combine into one giant mega-mount I'll be highly disappointed.

5 separate players each riding a different mount - in addition would need to have seats for 5 players in this "supermegabattlemount". And a huge sword to wield. Then we could go one on one with world bosses. xD

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:If these don't combine into one giant mega-mount I'll be highly disappointed.

One day the Captain Planet themed mount pack will appear

Should be exclusive to ele players. ;)

@"DarthFurby.3970" said:This is now the second mount pack set at this price point, the blood stone being the first, or what I believe to be the first.

All the five-pack sets priced originally at 1600.

I love the whole exo-suit aesthetic, both here on the mounts and on the previously-released outfits, but I wish the mounts had that subtle trail of particle effects like the outfits have. I already own the branded mount pack, but if this pack did have the particle trail I would buy it in literally less than a second. The mounts as-is just feel like they're missing something, to me. Bummer.

Archived