Request: Please add a Fractal rewards track for WvW

@geist.9173 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:No need. You can just can buy Stabilizing Matrices off the TP and get them from salvaging ascended gear drops you get from WvW (ascended salvage tool available from the WvW ticket vendor). Seems far faster to me than running a reward track for just a few.

"The drops" from WvW. Which ascended drops do you mean. I played around 20 hours that week and got one armor chest ascended. If I had played fractals for 20 hours I'd be rich on stabilizing matrices now.

WvW drops ascended mostly through rank up (although people do seem to get ascended gear from foes somewhat more often than PvE). But WvW has all sorts of other benefits from pips & reward tracks, while Fractals has more liquid gold and (from its T4 dailies), an increased chance to get ascended gear. It was never meant to be anything close to comparable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaba.5410 said:No need. You can just can buy Stabilizing Matrices off the TP and get them from salvaging ascended gear drops you get from WvW (ascended salvage tool available from the WvW ticket vendor). Seems far faster to me than running a reward track for just a few.

OMG-never thought to look @ ticket vender for the salvage kits. Been using laurels - thx !

@Israel.7056 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:No thank you!!! If I have to spend my time doing WvW (which I hate) to get a GoB. The WvWers can spend their time in my beloved fractals for there leggy equipment.

Pretty bitter. Personally I think you should be able to get your gob outside of wvw.

I agree. They should also make gift of exploration available through wvw tracks (ascalon reward track, kryta reward track etc)

All these threads about "rewards" makes me wish ANet would just NORMALIZE all rewards over the entire game, so it doesn't matter one twit what you play, you'll get the exact same chance at rewards no matter what, as long as you maintain a minimum activity level (hit a mob every 5 min or so, or equal in whatever mode).

I predict most of the internets blowing up if they ever did this, and every single mode crying "NERFS!!!!!"

100% agree. I would probably run GoB track still anyway "just because I make a lot of legendaries" but if I didn't need any GoB, I would definitely appreciate a fractal track in wvw. T4/CM/Rec time gates really are a pain.

Gonna post this here -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53458/fractal-reward-track-yes-thats-right#1 Similar request in spvp forum.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Why dont pvers get a non wvw way to get Warbringer, then? Or wvw getting pve raid reward track? Or pvers getting a non wvw way to get the 2k skin? You realise, I hope, how the "i want a fractal reward track" sounds?

Ok, you wrote the same thing already in this thread before and now write it again.Pvers don't get Warbringer cos they have access to a legendary backpack already and its called an Ad Infinitum. Just like pvpers have access to PvP League.Another thing is Warbringer only needs you to be level 350 in wvw which can be very easily achieved. And by the time you reach that, you will have enough tickets to make Warbringer.Do you see WvW players complaining that they have to fork out 300 gold to get a commander icon which is a requirement for Warbringer??Are any of your pve items behind a 300gold pay wall? Its not easy making gold in wvw.Read what i requested for: An easier way to Stabilizing Matrix. Not a raid track, not world completion, not precurser and certainly not a legendary backpack.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Why dont pvers get a non wvw way to get Warbringer, then? Or wvw getting pve raid reward track? Or pvers getting a non wvw way to get the 2k skin? You realise, I hope, how the "i want a fractal reward track" sounds?

Ok, you wrote the same thing already in this thread before and now write it again.Pvers don't get Warbringer cos they have access to a legendary backpack already and its called an Ad Infinitum. Just like pvpers have access to PvP League.Another thing is Warbringer only needs you to be level 350 in wvw which can be very easily achieved. And by the time you reach that, you will have enough tickets to make Warbringer.Do you see WvW players complaining that they have to fork out 300 gold to get a commander icon which is a requirement for Warbringer??Are any of your pve items behind a 300gold pay wall? Its not easy making gold in wvw.Read what i requested for: An easier way to Stabilizing Matrix. Not a raid track, not world completion, not precurser and certainly not a legendary backpack.

Can pvers get 350 wvw rank via pve? No. Can they buy it via tp? Also, no. Can they get wvw tickets via any other means other than wvw? No. Do the content. It isnt even hard. And if you do not want for whatever reason to do said content, lemme help you by saying that stabilizing matrices are obtainable via tp. And you can also buy ascended rings, via which ever means (do wvw LS3 reward tracks, get rings or however you want) and salvage them! That way you will get matrices, too. But comparing things that arent really comparable, well... That kind of weakens your arguments, does it not?Edit:typos

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

Can pvers get 350 wvw rank via pve? No. Can they buy it via tp? Also, no. Can they get wvw tickets via any other means other than wvw? No. Do the content. It isnt even hard. And if you do not want for whatever reason to do said content, lemme help you by saying that stabilizing matrices are obtainable via tp. And you can also buy ascended rings, via which ever means (do wvw LS3 reward tracks, get rings or however you want) and salvage them! That way you will get matrices, too. But comparing things that arent really comparable, well... That kind of weakens your arguments, does it not?Edit:typos

Ok look, you lost me at "Can pvers get 350 wvw rank via pve? No." Hahaahaa, are you actually being serious or trolling?This is an old thread of mine that someone commented on and it came to first page.I already said on 13th May if you look up what i concluded, which is " i will buy them."Obviously you don't do WvW so do not understand and there is no point in me explaining any further.

@geist.9173 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:No need. You can just can buy Stabilizing Matrices off the TP and get them from salvaging ascended gear drops you get from WvW (ascended salvage tool available from the WvW ticket vendor). Seems far faster to me than running a reward track for just a few.

"The drops" from WvW. Which ascended drops do you mean. I played around 20 hours that week and got one armor chest ascended. If I had played fractals for 20 hours I'd be rich on stabilizing matrices now.

20 hours? I reached rank 2100 and had played wvw for thousands of hours before I got my very first (and still only) ascended drop of any kind from wvw less than a month ago.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:

Ok look, you lost me at "Can pvers get 350 wvw rank via pve? No." Hahaahaa, are you actually being serious or trolling?This is an old thread of mine that someone commented on and it came to first page.I already said on 13th May if you look up what i concluded, which is " i will buy them."Obviously you don't do WvW so do not understand and there is no point in me explaining any further.

I dont do wvw? Sure i dont. Nearly mithril rank, which obviously comes from killing Teq. Yeah.You compare different things, no matter how much you try to steer the conversation away. The majority of people who commented here disagree with you, anyway, so maybe youre in the wrong. Have fun!

Get off your butt and just play fractals. Talk about lazy. But hey if we're going down that road, let's have the wvw and pvp armour and weps added to fractals as well. I mean you'll have fewer pve players in there and they can show off the gear you worked for to get in pvp/wvw. Don't forget we also need to add gift of battle to BOTH pvp and fractals! Man, doing less wvw to get gift of battle would. Be. GREAT!

@"joneirikb.7506" said:All these threads about "rewards" makes me wish ANet would just NORMALIZE all rewards over the entire game, so it doesn't matter one twit what you play, you'll get the exact same chance at rewards no matter what, as long as you maintain a minimum activity level (hit a mob every 5 min or so, or equal in whatever mode).

I predict most of the internets blowing up if they ever did this, and every single mode crying "NERFS!!!!!"

Except focuses all the activity on the lowest effort avenues, so you'd have to balance out the difficulty of all content (or more specifically, make all content have a high minimum difficulty to ensure items retain a certain value). Look at what happened to Istan........ multiple farms set up around the other maps, yet Istan remains king because it generates the most gold for the least amount of effort.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"joneirikb.7506" said:All these threads about "rewards" makes me wish ANet would just NORMALIZE all rewards over the entire game, so it doesn't matter one twit what you play, you'll get the exact same chance at rewards no matter what, as long as you maintain a minimum activity level (hit a mob every 5 min or so, or equal in whatever mode).

Except focuses all the activity on the lowest effort avenues, so you'd have to balance out the difficulty of all content (or more specifically, make all content have a high minimum difficulty to ensure items retain a certain value). Look at what happened to Istan........ multiple farms set up around the other maps, yet Istan remains king because it generates the most gold for the least amount of effort.

Yes, but at this point I honestly don't expect this game to turn into anything but a random loot dispenser. If they did normalize the loot through every part of the game (except for a few uniques/mode specific), those that wants to play a least effort game for rewards can sit farm mobs in queensdale, and not bother anyone else. At the very least no one could say that "Waah mode X is more rewarding than mode Y!"

It's more because at this point it feels like 90% of the community just chases rewards and loot, and making it equal so everyone gets loot! sounds like just the kind of thinking that ANet would embrace. And it would at least make sure that most people stuck doing what they liked doing.

Sure that means that, most likely, 90% of the players are going sit roflstomp grunts in startermaps/openworld. You know what, if they want to, let them, I don't care.

Call it "Ascended reward track". You get common infusions, introduce a new, non-stat boosting wvw infusion. Tier completions reward are ascended weapons, and the final reward is an ascended armor box; just the box no mats or anything, like the other tracks. You get basic infusions along the way.

Also, if you train core tyria fractal mastery, fractal salvage tools are 1g each, and infusion extractors are just under 20s.

@"archmagus.7249" said:Call it "Ascended reward track". You get common infusions, introduce a new, non-stat boosting wvw infusion. Tier completions reward are ascended weapons, and the final reward is an ascended armor box; just the box no mats or anything, like the other tracks. You get basic infusions along the way.

Also, if you train core tyria fractal mastery, fractal salvage tools are 1g each, and infusion extractors are just under 20s.

Only if it was non repeatable. This way you suggested would impact the material market alot for those who do craft their own Ascended pieces. Maybe drop the weapons on Tier completion and add mats, recipes ? The final chest should offer a choice of weapon or armor piece.

@starhunter.6015 said:

@"archmagus.7249" said:Call it "Ascended reward track". You get common infusions, introduce a new, non-stat boosting wvw infusion. Tier completions reward are ascended weapons, and the final reward is an ascended armor box; just the box no mats or anything, like the other tracks. You get basic infusions along the way.

Only if it was non repeatable. This way you suggested would impact the material market alot for those who do craft their own Ascended pieces. Maybe drop the weapons on Tier completion and add mats, recipes ? The final chest should offer a choice of weapon or armor piece.

Or maybe just a chest with random ascended crafting mats at the end of each tier, then a choice between weapon or armor at the end of the track.

The same rules apply for legendary gear via Raids and PvP, so it's perfectly fair. If you want to wear legendary gear, no matter what game mode you play, you need the Gift of Prowess / variant.

Also worth noting that several legendary weapons require PvP currency as part of the materials - all available for purchase from the TP mind you. It's almost as if ANET wants to encourage players to experience every game mode.

@"Slick.7164" said:whats a fractal?

One definition I found for fractal is: "a curve or geometric figure, each part of which has the same statistical character as the whole. Fractals are useful in modeling structures (such as eroded coastlines or snowflakes) in which similar patterns recur at progressively smaller scales, and in describing partly random or chaotic phenomena such as crystal growth, fluid turbulence, and galaxy formation."It seems that being under the sign of chaos, the fractals are somewhat on the domain of Lyssa.

Also, if you train core tyria fractal mastery, fractal salvage tools are 1g each, and infusion extractors are just under 20s.I never found information that a fractal can be salvaged - but I found now we have even the tools to do that. Still, at a weight of 1 g(ram) each, I guess you need a lot of this kind of tools to completely salvage a fractal. The most painful detail here is that the extractors used for the fractal infusion last less than 20 s(econds). I think that indeed only a fractal Master scrapper can do that.

HM? By salvaging the fractals you can get fractal stabilizing matrix? I want such a track added to WvW.

Archived