Sugg: Make Old Lions Arch Pass

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Yes please! It would be a way for us newer players to actually see
all
of old LA!

I believe you can in some of the personal story instances.

We can see LA yes, but I emphasized all as those instances are always restriced in area as well as only being available for certain story instances which can't be repeated.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:I believe you can in some of the personal story instances.Indeed there are areas available in the story instance, but it is only a limited amount of area that can be explored.

A suggestion could be having a VR like instance made by either the ausra mario box guy as a memoir or have someone hire for said reasons with every vendor, npc, and ambience still intractable and a scroll that maybe cost 1 silver or so to allow you to tele to old lions arch ( Or if a-net not want to give out cost free tele they can porb just have it act as a "waypoint", after you buy it, so that it would not crush new lion's arch for usage and ease of use/access.

I'd really like a new, easily repeatable, way to see Old LA - and be able to show it to players who didn't get the chance to see it.

A fractal of the evacuation after LA was attacked would be great. Even destroyed LA is better than concrete, glass, and steel, soulless, "Second Life wannabe LA".

There is nothing about Lion's Arch that says "Lion". It should have been renamed "The Aquarium".

I didn't switch from GW1 to GW2 for a year to make sure it was going to catch on. When I did, LS1 was over, LA was rebuilt and I was looking for Spongebob.

I don't know the full reason for the aquatic rebuild, but for new players, they may be scratching their collective heads trying to equate lions and cephalopods.

@"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:I'd really like a new, easily repeatable, way to see Old LA - and be able to show it to players who didn't get the chance to see it.

A fractal of the evacuation after LA was attacked would be great. Even destroyed LA is better than concrete, glass, and steel, soulless, "Second Life wannabe LA".

Old LA was literally made of barely held together tinder. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did...... if not from Scarlet, then from simple wood rot.

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:There is nothing about Lion's Arch that says "Lion". It should have been renamed "The Aquarium".

I didn't switch from GW1 to GW2 for a year to make sure it was going to catch on. When I did, LS1 was over, LA was rebuilt and I was looking for Spongebob.

I don't know the full reason for the aquatic rebuild, but for new players, they may be scratching their collective heads trying to equate lions and cephalopods.

The difference between old LA and new LA is that the rebuild contract was won by the Consortium and not Evan Gnashblade....which is also the reason that we had the Karka event to find all the little tiny Karka's hidden there. Also, I really don't see the fascination with Old LA, it had it's charm but the current LA is more organized...oh, and it does have two lion statues, just not the one big one that old LA had.

• 1 year later...

I cant believe people want this behind a paywall. I want old LA too as i never seen it, but to make people pay for it? This is getting ridiculous something that was huge part of the story should not be behind a paywall. Is that what this game has become, nothing but shop buy gamble? It should be put in the game for everyone, because its a major part of the lore.