Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

@Substance E.4852 said:9k is low but as I said, I play backline which means the skill is nearing it's end by the time I enter the ring.

Even 9k is still ludicrously high. I remember back when it used to hit me for 5k and thinking that was already a bit much.

That would make me rage as an ele to only hit a backline player for 5k. The duration of the skill dose not effect it dmg only the number of times your hit with it. So getting hit with it at the end of the skill should be as if you get hit with it at the start.

2.8k armor really is nothing when you have players who are running 3.2k or even the 4k super tanks.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jski.6180 said:

@Substance E.4852 said:9k is low but as I said, I play backline which means the skill is nearing it's end by the time I enter the ring.

Even 9k is still ludicrously high. I remember back when it used to hit me for 5k and thinking that was already a bit much.

That would make me rage as an ele to only hit a backline player for 5k. The duration of the skill dose not effect it dmg only the number of times your hit with it. So getting hit with it at the end of the skill should be as if you get hit with it at the start.

2.8k armor really is nothing when you have players who are running 3.2k or even the 4k super tanks.

Is effectively the same thing when it's dropped on a zerg.

Go try launching a Barrage on a frontline group if you want to know what real disappointment is.

And ya, 2800 armor isn't frontline tanky but it's also enough that I shouldn't be losing half my health to a single pulse of an AoE skill.

@Substance E.4852 said:

Is effectively the same thing when it's dropped on a zerg.

Go try launching a Barrage on a frontline group if you want to know what real disappointment is.

And ya, 2800 armor isn't frontline tanky but it's also enough that I shouldn't be losing half my health to a single pulse of an AoE skill.

Its not a pulse aoe skill its a rng fall projecial like skill (they realty should make it a own skill of skill with its own set of rules kind of how they are treating it now but with a name of its own and added effects of its own) so your not always going to get hit by it.

If a player builds all in dmg and no def then yes it should be the counter to ppl who are building cele builds much like cele builds counter full on tankly builds. So if the glass build hit you vs your cele back line build you should feel it but it should not one shot you 2 or 3 is fair.

Ya that might be a valid argument if you didn't have an entire zerg of heavies, scourges, and hammer revs protecting the squishy ele's dropping tactical nukes on people.

Effortless, powerful AoE spam is what brought the mode to it's knees. It's done nothing but drive people away and clinging to it because "muh big numbers" is incredibly shortsighted.

@"Substance E.4852" said:Ya that might be a valid argument if you didn't have an entire zerg of heavies, scourges, and hammer revs protecting the squishy ele's dropping tactical nukes on people.

Effortless, powerful AoE spam is what brought the mode to it's knees. It's done nothing but drive people away and clinging to it because "muh big numbers" is incredibly shortsighted.

Effortless the ele must stand still for 3 to 4 sec due to lag after getting in ranged of players its one of the biggest risk skill. All the other classes you talk about are the effortless effects and more spam like then one skill from ele could ever be. How would you even spam meteor shower when its on a long cd?

@Jski.6180 said:

@"Substance E.4852" said:Ya that might be a valid argument if you didn't have an entire zerg of heavies, scourges, and hammer revs protecting the squishy ele's dropping tactical nukes on people.

Effortless the ele must stand still for 3 to 4 sec due to lag after getting in ranged of players its one of the biggest risk skill. All the other classes you talk about are the effortless effects and more spam like then one skill from ele could ever be. How would you even spam meteor shower when its on a long cd?

24 seconds isn't a long CD, especially not for a skill that I was able to get 250k damage from in exotic berserker fear my first night playing weaver.

We gave up and all hopped on weavers to at least enjoy this momentary feature. You can't fight invisible instantly downing damage

@Egorum.9506 said:

24 seconds isn't a long CD, especially not for a skill that I was able to get 250k damage from in exotic berserker fear my first night playing weaver.

We gave up and all hopped on weavers to at least enjoy this momentary feature. You can't fight invisible instantly downing damage

By far its broken now it should never one shot nothing should one shot but it should do good dmg 9K is fair dmg on crits vs mid armor 11k vs light (other eles) and 5k to 7k vs high armor.

It still not spam i would say 4 sec cd is spam. The casting it self of MS i guess is a spam in it self of falling rocks but that the skill type.I am thinking ppl are using buzz words to attached any thing they see as bad to an ideal to make them feel as if there argument is more right but the ideal of the word that the person what to project dose not mach up with the buzz word in the moment. A lot of ppl are doing this but that an full thread in it self and has nothing to do with gw2.

The most I was hit with was ~ 14K in WvW tonight , I ran 2.5K armor. Any light armor with low HP would be instagibbed.

I tested in PvP vs the targets as well. The most I could do without buffs , just zerker + scholar rune was ~9K crit vs PvP light armor golem using fire + air (ferocity), + weaver and about 8K vs the medium armor golem. (2645 power, 234% crit damage) Sigil of force doesn't exist in PvP. This suggests it is innately buggy since it should be roughly 1.6x fireball damage (fireball has 1.0 coefficient) : the most I hit with fireball critical was around 4.4K without bolt to the heart. With ascended full zerker gear, 7-9K damage should be attainable on light armor (2185 armor light armor golem vs players running 2000) if it's working as intended sans Bolt to the Heart, over 15K is not.

I also tested with no weaver spec (2525 power), using dropping weaver for water's aquamancer training for +10% damage. 3.5 to 3.9K typical fireball crit. Meteor shower crit about 9K , it should be around 6-7K.

I tested on the Fractal golem ; similarly it exceeded 2x fireball damage. It's probably ~ 20%-25% extra base damage instead of "20% min damage".

The scaling is more insane with vulnerability stacks.

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Evolute.6239 said:reset was a clown car tonight

10+ eles on both sides just throwing out oneshot zones everywhere

10? Hod was running 20+ on our home bl. In a map que zerg, so the meteors and circles got culled. I have a clip I'll put up tomorrow where I went from 27k hp to full dead, I was nowhere near the zerg. Combat log showed 19k, 17k, 9k, 12k meteor shower hits

Thank you anet for kitten up reset night by not testing changes, again. This was a known issue all week, wasn't even acknowledged until today @_@It was patched July 10th.

ppl cry over a large tell aoe when its literally the only thing weaver can hit atm that dont get reflected because of bubble wars and slow projectile speed with huge casttimes.

meanwhile:

• rev is close to weaver in dps but more consistent as it has less projectiles but also group support
  • worldly impact and gazelle charge
  • DJ
  • power mesmer bursts that stuns you in evade frames
  • reaper dmg buffs

how about:

focus partys?

@XenesisII.1540 said:One shot skills in the game for years, now y'all are concerned about that?

Me? (hard to tell but you did post after my post so i guess) I never like one shots they are not fun just to drop with out knowing what happen. I am not sure what your trying to say most ele players are running glass and are getting one shot by nearly all classes how would they just be concerned about it now?

One shots are never good for pvp games if Meteor is one shooting ppl there a problem and this was true. If there are other skills one shoting ppl then they are problems just the same.

@shinta.8906 said:ppl cry over a large tell aoe when its literally the only thing weaver can hit atm that dont get reflected because of bubble wars and slow projectile speed with huge casttimes.

meanwhile:

• rev is close to weaver in dps but more consistent as it has less projectiles but also group support
  • DJ
  • reaper dmg buffs

how about:

focus partys?

Im a bit tired of people crying about Wordly impact and gazelle, i have been using Gazelle and it never hit for 10k, seems that hit for 10k 1 out 1million times and people come to the forum to cry about it, when almost any other class can hit you for 15k+ in less than 1sec.Wordly Impact + WvW + Berserker Ranger = Ranger InstaDeath.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:9k meteor does not sound that much to be honest. It is slow, it is highly telegraphed and easily dodged. I was not hit once by a meteor the whole evening as backliner.

First meteor hits you before the red circle appears, and if you are in zerk or marauder gear, it only takes 1.

Hmm it's the downside of running glassy builds right, you do damage but you also take it a lot more. :/

@"Infusion.7149" said:The most I was hit with was ~ 14K in WvW tonight , I ran 2.5K armor. Any light armor with low HP would be instagibbed.

I tested in PvP vs the targets as well. The most I could do without buffs , just zerker + scholar rune was ~9K crit vs PvP light armor golem using fire + air (ferocity), + weaver and about 8K vs the medium armor golem. (2645 power, 234% crit damage) Sigil of force doesn't exist in PvP. This suggests it is innately buggy since it should be roughly 1.6x fireball damage (fireball has 1.0 coefficient) : the most I hit with fireball critical was around 4.4K without bolt to the heart. With ascended full zerker gear, 7-9K damage should be attainable on light armor (2185 armor light armor golem vs players running 2000) if it's working as intended sans Bolt to the Heart, over 15K is not.

I also tested with no weaver spec (2525 power), using dropping weaver for water's aquamancer training for +10% damage. 3.5 to 3.9K typical fireball crit. Meteor shower crit about 9K , it should be around 6-7K.

I tested on the Fractal golem ; similarly it exceeded 2x fireball damage. It's probably ~ 20%-25% extra base damage instead of "20% min damage".

Are you certain that its wrongly scaled in other game modes as well? Because on my dps tempest, I found that the recent nerf put me in the 'barely viable' category of dps (25k). Another nerf to PvE Meteor Shower would mean the end of my favorite build and main character...

@"shinta.8906" said:ppl cry over a large tell aoe when its literally the only thing weaver can hit atm that dont get reflected because of bubble wars and slow projectile speed with huge casttimes.

meanwhile:

• DJ
  • reaper dmg buffs

how about:

focus partys?

Rev isn't close to weaver DPS if your weavers get a half decent meteo off. Not on the current patch. And "weaver dps" almost all comes from 25-50k DPS spikes on meteo, rather than a reasonable amount of DPS the entire time.

Besides this just makes it so that each side has 20 weavers and 19 of them can't even play the class.

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:The most I was hit with was ~ 14K in WvW tonight , I ran 2.5K armor. Any light armor with low HP would be instagibbed.

I tested in PvP vs the targets as well. The most I could do without buffs , just zerker + scholar rune was ~9K crit vs PvP light armor golem using fire + air (ferocity), + weaver and about 8K vs the medium armor golem. (2645 power, 234% crit damage) Sigil of force doesn't exist in PvP. This suggests it is innately buggy since it should be roughly 1.6x fireball damage (fireball has 1.0 coefficient) : the most I hit with fireball critical was around 4.4K without
bolt to the heart
. With ascended full zerker gear, 7-9K damage should be attainable on light armor (2185 armor light armor golem vs players running 2000) if it's working as intended sans
Bolt to the Heart
, over 15K is not.

Are you certain that its wrongly scaled in other game modes as well? Because on my dps tempest, I found that the recent nerf put me in the 'barely viable' category of dps (25k). Another nerf to PvE Meteor Shower would mean the end of my favorite build and main character...

Why not play weaver? Tempest dps is pretty bad right now

@Infusion.7149 said:It was patched July 10th.

So, I am not sure if you were serious or sarcasm (which would be funny if sarcasm lol) but Karl noted this a little earlier in the thread:

@"Karl McLain.5604" said:I can confirm that the initial damage impact is currently too high and we'll be looking to bring it back down to normal levels when possible.

Of course, 'when possible' is the interesting statement in that phrase.

Makes me wonder if the Devs were planning an Ele night for reset and figured: "lets buff the heck out of this for a few nights and have some fun!!"

I could see it.... :smile:

@urdriel.8496 said:

Im a bit tired of people crying about Wordly impact and gazelle, i have been using Gazelle and it never hit for 10k, seems that hit for 10k 1 out 1million times and people come to the forum to cry about it, when almost any other class can hit you for 15k+ in less than 1sec.Wordly Impact + WvW + Berserker Ranger = Ranger InstaDeath.

wvw + berserker ele + meteor shower is insta dead too. whats ur point?

theres prove in pvp of wi hitting for 60k btw.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:Guys it's an unintended behaviour. Defending it is like defending grenade barrage hitting twice for 20k dmg, its fun and qq yata yata, but its still not intended behaviour and should therefore not be something players should rely on.

Enjoy for the moment maybe... :smile:

Yes :D

Archived